1132 users online (280 members and 852 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

HI - Ivanice 'Ivy' Harris, 28, pregnant, Waikiki, 16 May 2013

Friends appeal for help in finding missing tourist

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/2...ki-bar-missing

CrimeStoppers and the Honolulu Police Department are looking for a woman visiting from the mainland who has been missing since early Thursday morning.

Police say Ivanice "Ivy" Harris was last seen on May 16 at 2:15 a.m. speaking with an unknown male outside of a bar in Waikiki.
    She is from Portland and her birthday is 5/18.

The family is getting the news in OR involved.
    http://www.nwcn.com/news/oregon?fId=...&fDomain=10202

https://www.facebook.com/BringIvaniceHome

Ivy's FB
    https://www.facebook.com/ivaniceh

I just noticed that I have the date wrong in the title. She was last seen in early morning hours on May 16 not the 15th.
    Last edited by lucky181; 05-19-2013 at 01:15 AM.

Nothing. Is this being swept under the rug? It makes me wonder how many people go quietly missing in Hawaii. Hope that is not the case. Ivanice went to Hawaii with a boyfriend and a friend. Did they leave her alone at that time of night? Strange.

Hawaii police looking for Ivanice 'Ivy' Harris, missing Portland woman

Police in Waikiki, Hawaii are looking for Ivanice “Ivy” Harris after she was last seen at 2:15 a.m. Thursday talking to a man outside a bar.

Harris, 28, who is from Portland, was visiting for her 29th birthday, which is today, her sister confirmed Saturday night.

[snip]

Harris, who recently enrolled at Mt. Hood Community College, went to Hawaii about two weeks ago with her boyfriend and a friend, Watson said.

More: http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i..._river_default

this is horrible!! happy belated birthday Ivy... i hope this is just a mix up and you're home soon.
    "My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style."
    ~ Maya Angelou

"My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style."
    ~ Maya Angelou

The last person to see Harris was her friend Jillian Gibides, who said Harris is like a sister to her. Gibides said they were outside the bar on Lewers Street. "When I had gotten out and came around the cab, I looked back over and didn't see her, so I just figured, okay. She'll just call me when she needs to."

However, Harris didn't call. And friends and family said it wasn't like her to do that. "I know her, and I know her well enough that this is not normal," said Gibides. "And on her birthday?" She paused and shook her head. Harris' birthday is Saturday.

"Every single day. She and I talk every single day. And I hadn't heard from her," said her mother, Patricia Harris, in Portland. "And I said okay, she didn't text me back. That's when I got the text from her boy friend. But she was having a great time."
    http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/2...ki-bar-missing
    ~ Maya Angelou

~ Maya Angelou

BBM
    Quote Originally Posted by AnotherSetOfEyes View Post
    Nothing. Is this being swept under the rug? It makes me wonder how many people go quietly missing in Hawaii. Hope that is not the case. Ivanice went to Hawaii with a boyfriend and a friend. Did they leave her alone at that time of night? Strange.
    Not many, although there is a cold case, Kimberly Day Jacobs, that has gone unsolved. If Ivy's disappearance is voluntary it is hard to get too far without detection on an island. Very strange that she was with another guy with her boyfriend there. Perhaps they had a disagreement and she left with someone else? The friend that was with her appears to have had a brush with the law in the past. Can I say that?
    Last edited by Plumeria5; 05-20-2013 at 12:38 AM.

Sadly she seems to live a reckless life, I hope she's okay and will turn up.

*All posts are my opinion only, and only my opinion.*

mama to 12 / adoptive parent educator

Quote Originally Posted by dillysmom11 View Post
    Sadly she seems to live a reckless life, I hope she's okay and will turn up.
    I'm hoping she just wanted a little adventure and left with someone that is an ok guy. Lewers Street is a nice area of Waikiki, filled with tourists. Not sure what besides the bar would be open at 2 am though.

Quote Originally Posted by Plumeria5 View Post
    I'm hoping she just wanted a little adventure and left with someone that is an ok guy. Lewers Street is a nice area of Waikiki, filled with tourists. Not sure what besides the bar would be open at 2 am though.
    You wouldn't think so, since she went on vacation to HI with her boyfriend. But who knows?

*All posts are my opinion only, and only my opinion.*

mama to 12 / adoptive parent educator

She went missing on the evening after we left the island. Four of the women I was with spent Sunday (May 12th) all day and evening in Waikiki at and around the Moana Surfrider Hotel- one of them spent all day Monday (May 13th) there as well, until her flight in the evening to Chicago (around 7). Where was Ivy staying? Where were they hanging out (outside of the last bar)? We were supposed to fly home Monday at 2:15 but got stuck at the airport for 9 hours until Hawaiin Airlines put us up at the Ohana (?) Hotel near the airport. We flew home the next day May 14 in the morning. Sure hope she is found- the longer this goes on... the worse it is. We all know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frigga View Post
    She went missing on the evening after we left the island. Four of the women I was with spent Sunday (May 12th) all day and evening in Waikiki at and around the Moana Surfrider Hotel- one of them spent all day Monday (May 13th) there as well, until her flight in the evening to Chicago (around 7). Where was Ivy staying? Where were they hanging out (outside of the last bar)? We were supposed to fly home Monday at 2:15 but got stuck at the airport for 9 hours until Hawaiin Airlines put us up at the Ohana (?) Hotel near the airport. We flew home the next day May 14 in the morning. Sure hope she is found- the longer this goes on... the worse it is. We all know that.
    Picture of Lewers Street. There are several bars on this short street. Could have been Yardhouse. I can't find any information on which hotel they were staying at.

Wow! That is nice, I can see how someone might feel safe even so late.

I haven't been able to find any other information online as far as description of who she was last seen with, anything going on with the boyfriend etc than the basics? Any other info out there yet?

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast