GUILTY HI - Ivanice 'Ivy' Harris, 28, pregnant, Waikiki, 16 May 2013

lucky181

Reaction score
Friends appeal for help in finding missing tourist

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/22287187/tourist-last-seen-at-waikiki-bar-missing

CrimeStoppers and the Honolulu Police Department are looking for a woman visiting from the mainland who has been missing since early Thursday morning.

Police say Ivanice "Ivy" Harris was last seen on May 16 at 2:15 a.m. speaking with an unknown male outside of a bar in Waikiki.

She is from Portland and her birthday is 5/18.

The family is getting the news in OR involved.
http://www.nwcn.com/news/oregon?fId=208018421&fPath=/home&fDomain=10202

https://www.facebook.com/BringIvaniceHome

Ivy's FB
https://www.facebook.com/ivaniceh

I just noticed that I have the date wrong in the title. She was last seen in early morning hours on May 16 not the 15th.

Nothing. Is this being swept under the rug? It makes me wonder how many people go quietly missing in Hawaii. Hope that is not the case. Ivanice went to Hawaii with a boyfriend and a friend. Did they leave her alone at that time of night? Strange.

Hawaii police looking for Ivanice 'Ivy' Harris, missing Portland woman

Police in Waikiki, Hawaii are looking for Ivanice “Ivy” Harris after she was last seen at 2:15 a.m. Thursday talking to a man outside a bar.

Harris, 28, who is from Portland, was visiting for her 29th birthday, which is today, her sister confirmed Saturday night.

[snip]

Harris, who recently enrolled at Mt. Hood Community College, went to Hawaii about two weeks ago with her boyfriend and a friend, Watson said.

More: http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/...ce_looking_for_miss.html#incart_river_default

this is horrible!! happy belated birthday Ivy... i hope this is just a mix up and you're home soon.

The last person to see Harris was her friend Jillian Gibides, who said Harris is like a sister to her. Gibides said they were outside the bar on Lewers Street. "When I had gotten out and came around the cab, I looked back over and didn't see her, so I just figured, okay. She'll just call me when she needs to."

However, Harris didn't call. And friends and family said it wasn't like her to do that. "I know her, and I know her well enough that this is not normal," said Gibides. "And on her birthday?" She paused and shook her head. Harris' birthday is Saturday.

"Every single day. She and I talk every single day. And I hadn't heard from her," said her mother, Patricia Harris, in Portland. "And I said okay, she didn't text me back. That's when I got the text from her boy friend. But she was having a great time."

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/22287187/tourist-last-seen-at-waikiki-bar-missing

ivyjpeg-8ded44a275d53f51.jpeg

most recent pic of Ivy

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/...ce_looking_for_miss.html#incart_river_default

BBM
Nothing. Is this being swept under the rug? It makes me wonder how many people go quietly missing in Hawaii. Hope that is not the case. Ivanice went to Hawaii with a boyfriend and a friend. Did they leave her alone at that time of night? Strange.

Not many, although there is a cold case, Kimberly Day Jacobs, that has gone unsolved. If Ivy's disappearance is voluntary it is hard to get too far without detection on an island. Very strange that she was with another guy with her boyfriend there. Perhaps they had a disagreement and she left with someone else? The friend that was with her appears to have had a brush with the law in the past. Can I say that?:blushing:

Sadly she seems to live a reckless life, I hope she's okay and will turn up.

I'm hoping she just wanted a little adventure and left with someone that is an ok guy. Lewers Street is a nice area of Waikiki, filled with tourists. Not sure what besides the bar would be open at 2 am though.

I'm hoping she just wanted a little adventure and left with someone that is an ok guy. Lewers Street is a nice area of Waikiki, filled with tourists. Not sure what besides the bar would be open at 2 am though.

You wouldn't think so, since she went on vacation to HI with her boyfriend. But who knows?

She went missing on the evening after we left the island. Four of the women I was with spent Sunday (May 12th) all day and evening in Waikiki at and around the Moana Surfrider Hotel- one of them spent all day Monday (May 13th) there as well, until her flight in the evening to Chicago (around 7). Where was Ivy staying? Where were they hanging out (outside of the last bar)? We were supposed to fly home Monday at 2:15 but got stuck at the airport for 9 hours until Hawaiin Airlines put us up at the Ohana (?) Hotel near the airport. We flew home the next day May 14 in the morning. Sure hope she is found- the longer this goes on... the worse it is. We all know that.

She went missing on the evening after we left the island. Four of the women I was with spent Sunday (May 12th) all day and evening in Waikiki at and around the Moana Surfrider Hotel- one of them spent all day Monday (May 13th) there as well, until her flight in the evening to Chicago (around 7). Where was Ivy staying? Where were they hanging out (outside of the last bar)? We were supposed to fly home Monday at 2:15 but got stuck at the airport for 9 hours until Hawaiin Airlines put us up at the Ohana (?) Hotel near the airport. We flew home the next day May 14 in the morning. Sure hope she is found- the longer this goes on... the worse it is. We all know that.

Picture of Lewers Street. There are several bars on this short street. Could have been Yardhouse. I can't find any information on which hotel they were staying at.
lewers-night1.gif

I haven't been able to find any other information online as far as description of who she was last seen with, anything going on with the boyfriend etc than the basics? Any other info out there yet?

What makes you think this dillysmom? (not meaning this is a confrontational tone of voice, just curious because haven't found info re: that anywhere) Is there information that I'm missing somewhere? I looked at her facebook and twitter pages and have read the articles that are linked to.

What makes you think this dillysmom? (not meaning this is a confrontational tone of voice, just curious because haven't found info re: that anywhere) Is there information that I'm missing somewhere? I looked at her facebook and twitter pages and have read the articles that are linked to.

I wouldn't say reckless. It just seems like she likes to have fun and party.

I'd call drinking a half gallon of hard liquor "every four days", until you were so sick you couldn't move incredibly reckless. Not to mention all the photos in sexual poses she has up on her FB. She also seems to have a lot of drama in her life regarding other women. I am NOT saying its her fault that she's missing! But I get really upset when I see women, taking such crappy care of themselves, end up missing.

My opinion is that she was wasted and either was attacked by someone, or met with a tragic accident. I don't think this will end well :(

Did her boyfriend fly back to the mainland, too? So all her friends went home?!

Here is a new video showing her bf and 2 friends passing out flyers. They have not left HI. It was to be a girl's night out. I'm still a bit confused because she was ready early, went to the bar alone and her two girl friends took a cab later. Did they arrive at the bar at 2:15am? That seems really late but it sounds like they never spent time with her at the bar that night.

http://www.kitv.com/news/hawaii/gir...case/-/8905354/20213684/-/ul35d9/-/index.html

Picture of Lewers Street. There are several bars on this short street. Could have been Yardhouse. I can't find any information on which hotel they were staying at.
lewers-night1.gif

I'm currently staying at the Ilikai hotel (not far from Lewers St.) and have been following this since it was reported in the local news. This photo is Lewers Street, but it's the south end. Kelley's is up north on Lewers between Kalakaua and Kuhio Avenues. This photo shows the high end stores near hotels and is brightly lit at night. As you travel north, it gets really sketchy... Especially when getting close to Kuhio Ave., where there is constant crime morning, day, and night. I make sure that I am no where near Kuhio alone at night, unless I am with friends or family. When I was here back in September, there were many suspicious people wandering around the Kuhio area, even during the 8 am hour and the creepiest weirdos coming up to me... And I'm a clean cut guy, near 40 years old. So it's not like I attract these people deliberately. It's possible such sketchy persons near that area were attracted to Ivy right away.

As of last night, there was an update to the case that mentioned her phone was off, but Honolulu police did managed to receive pings from her phone in a specific area, but they did not divulged where. Sounds like they had her mobile carrier turn her phone on to trace its whereabouts as any phone with today's technology can be turned on when it is turned off completely.

But, I also question why police have not released a description of the man she was talking to??? I'm leaving today in a few hours for home, but I saw an incident I witnessed in the Ilikai hotel courtyard Saturday night of the 18th with a strange man watching a beautiful black women with her date at they were near the hotel. I got a good look at him (twice) as he trailed her every move with his eyes. So if this guy's description matches the guy Ivy was talking to (if and when HPD releases one), it might benefit the case. I'll post those details of that incident when I get home.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back