Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Tim Bosma found dead
National Post
Josh Visser and Adrian Humphries13/05/14 | Last Updated: 13/05/14 4:01 PM ET
“A number of searches have taken place and human remains have been located,” he said. “We are convinced by the totality of the evidence, that these are the remains of Tim Bosma. The evidence indicates that the remains have been burned.
“This investigation is long from over,” he said. “We require more time to work as we pursue those that are responsible for Tim’s death.”
Dellen Millard charged with murder of Tim Bosma
Updated: Wed, 15 May 2013 11:45:31 GMT | By CBC News, cbc.ca
Dellen Millard, a suspect in the disappearance of Tim Bosma, whose remains were found more than a week after he went missing while taking two men on a test drive of his truck, was charged today with first-degree murder when he appeared in a Hamilton court.

Use this thread to explore these questions.

Here are some of the outstanding questions in the case:

1. What was the motivation for the slaying?

2. How did he die? Was he murdered before his body was burned?

3. Who are the other people involved and how were they connected to the accused, Dellen Millard?

4. Police say Bosma was targeted. Was this personal or was he targeted for his truck only?

5. What were the circumstances around a similar test drive in Etobicoke the day before Bosma disappeared and how are the two cases connected?

6. If the suspects did not find Bosma through Kijiji, did they find him through another online site where he posted the ad? Kijiji says the ad posted by Bosma did not contain any personal information nor did his ad get any replies.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/05/15/tim_bosma_murder_five_unanswered_questions.html

picture.php

Thought this might be of interest, sorry, it was from a twitter MSM account, didn't grab the link, not a twitter.

By Bessie Above...

Here are some of the outstanding questions in the case:

I have my suspicions that it comes down to more but, the truck was the end game, getting it... without knowing the purpose of the truck in the mass of puzzle pieces, we can't answer the glaring question. The truck could have been the trophy in an type of "initiation" for the 2nd suspect, which is common for both test drive events.

2. How did he die? Was he murdered before his body was burned?

I have my suspicions that he was strangled from suspect #2 behind the victim, which opens another can of worms for DM being an accomplice to the murder... being strangled and leaning him up against the passenger window, no one would even notice, he would appear to be sleeping. We know for sure he was murdered before his body was burned based on the accounts given by LE. MK, the lead LE on the case, told us he was dead before his body was burn, he was not burned alive and the reason they would know this without an autopsy, the body was cut up and it had to be in order to put it in the "Eliminator" to cremate the remains. No one could survive what was done to the body, in order to attempt to cremate it. :( :(

3. Who are the other people involved and how were they connected to the accused, Dellen Millard?

I suspect these are people deep in his inner circle... he probably showered them with gifts, trips etc.. gaining their trust in order to "get info" on them, such as one individual in his company who is bi-sexual but, has not "come out" to anyone at this time. Only using this as an example and can prove this statement.

4. Police say Bosma was targeted. Was this personal or was he targeted for his truck only?

Totally targeted for the truck, and his physical size and structure fit the requirement for them to be able to subdue him. Had he been a larger individual, such as was the case with the first test drive individual, they may have had to abort this attempt as well. I say this in considering that from LE, we know that TB was in the front passenger side of the truck, DM who was much taller than Suspect #2 was in the driver's seat during the test drive and suspect #2 is much smaller than both men according to the description.. that individual was going to have to subdue TB. Sitting behind TB's seat, tossing a rope past his face and around his neck, is the most probably method, TB struggled according to LE, and he would have struggled with a rope around his neck for upwards of 7 minutes. So within 10 min of leaving the property, DM & suspect #2 could have TB cell phone, the truck and a deceased TB. Allowing enough time for all the other details we know. (Added... it would not be "odd" for Suspect #2 to be leaning forward and into the front seat talking to both men, also making it easy access to use a rope around the neck of TB from that point.)

5. What were the circumstances around a similar test drive in Etobicoke the day before Bosma disappeared and how are the two cases connected?

In this situation, a call was placed to the owner of the vehicle based on a kijiji offer of a Ram Truck, similar to TB's truck only a newer model. Arrangements were made over the phone to view/test drive the truck. Two suspects walked up on foot, raising suspicion of the owner of the truck due to the location of his business being in a totally industrial area and I believe (MOO) that based on the time between the call and the individuals showing up on foot, it raised an alarm with him. This truck owner is a very large man, said by LE that he could have probably subdued both suspects without issue.

6. If the suspects did not find Bosma through Kijiji, did they find him through another online site where he posted the ad? Kijiji says the ad posted by Bosma did not contain any personal information nor did his ad get any replies.

The suspects DID find Bosma on Kijiji based on LE comments in MSM direct releases, the ad did NOT contain person information but, TB DID include his cell phone number to be contacted at, on the ad. This is how the suspects contacted him, were given instructions where to come to view the truck. You do NOT have to contact a person via Kijiji if they place a phone number on their ad, you can just take the phone number and call the person. Perspective buyers are NOT tracked in this manner. The only way there is any ISP type of tracking is if only an e-mail address is offered as a form of contact for the seller, then the perspective buyer must e-mail them to gain a phone number or address to view the item.

Sources... (all LE Media Briefing Video)
https://www.youtube.com/user/JoeyColemanCA

4. Did the incinerator play into what victim they went after? It was a small livestock model, so would the first alleged target, a bigger man, have had to be burned in two separate sessions, doubling the time it would take to burn him as evidence? Did they go with TB because of his smaller size?

I really don't think that the issue was about whether they could strangle or stab a bigger victim. I spent years doing martial arts and the key there is closing off the windpipe long enough to cause loss of consciousness or death. If it was death by stabbing, it doesn't matter the size of the victim, since both would bleed out fairly fast.

I have my suspicions that it comes down to more but, the truck was the end game, getting it... without knowing the purpose of the truck in the mass of puzzle pieces, we can't answer the glaring question. The truck could have been the trophy in an type of "initiation" for the 2nd suspect, which is common for both test drive events.

Yes! It could have been the victim's watch they were after - monetary value was not the focus.

These are the specs on the incinerator that was purchased by DM:

sb250.jpg

- a dead body is a dead weight
- say the incinerator is d (a bit smaller than 2') x h (2') x w (a bit more than 3') roughly, to make 12 cu ft, and the opening hatch is about 1' x 1-1/2'
- with the height of the trailer a body has to be raised 3'-4' (bobcat could help here)
- you can only feed a body in for a couple of feet before you have to force it to bend or double on itself

Altogether it would be quite a wrestling match to load the incinerator with a man's intact body.

4. Did the incinerator play into what victim they went after? It was a small livestock model, so would the first alleged target, a bigger man, have had to be burned in two separate sessions, doubling the time it would take to burn him as evidence? Did they go with TB because of his smaller size?

I really don't think that the issue was about whether they could strangle or stab a bigger victim. I spent years doing martial arts and the key there is closing off the windpipe long enough to cause loss of consciousness or death. If it was death by stabbing, it doesn't matter the size of the victim, since both would bleed out fairly fast.

Remember though, in order for that to take place... the smaller subject was going to have to subdue the truck owner from the back seat, DM was the driver.

Yes! It could have been the victim's watch they were after - monetary value was not the focus.

Actually I was referring to the victim TB being used for "initiation" into DM's group... these two were the common denominators in the test drives, the trucks were slightly different as well, the first truck was a newer model than TB's.

These are the specs on the incinerator that was purchased by DM:

sb250.jpg

- a dead body is a dead weight
- say the incinerator is d (a bit smaller than 2') x h (2') x w (a bit more than 3') roughly, to make 12 cu ft, and the opening hatch is about 1' x 1-1/2'
- with the height of the trailer a body has to be raised 3'-4' (bobcat could help here)
- you can only feed a body in for a couple of feet before you have to force it to bend or double on itself

Altogether it would be quite a wrestling match to load the incinerator with a man's intact body.

But, if you consider LE said they KNEW that TB was dead before he was burned (cause we don't know if they even used the incinerator), I am assuming they did, based on the fact that MK, lead LE agent stated, they knew he was dead before he was burned... therefore, I am assuming his body was desecrated after death to fit into the incinerator. :tears::tears:

Actually I was referring to the victim TB being used for "initiation" into DM's group... these two were the common denominators in the test drives, the trucks were slightly different as well, the first truck was a newer model than TB's.

Yes, that's what I meant. The truck was just a cover to get at the victim for the initiation or game or whatever sociopath-type thing they had going.

But, if you consider LE said they KNEW that TB was dead before he was burned (cause we don't know if they even used the incinerator), I am assuming they did, based on the fact that MK, lead LE agent stated, they knew he was dead before he was burned... therefore, I am assuming his body was desecrated after death to fit into the incinerator. :tears::tears:

My point was about volume. The incinerator has a 250 capacity and if the big guy was 300 lbs, it would take two burn sessions. Yes, I understand that the victim, whether it be TB or the first truck guy, would have been chopped up to go in the incinerator - but that wasn't the issue.

I have been away from the site for a few days because I, and apparently others found it hard to keep up. I thank everyone who decided this was important enough for it's own forum. <3
I felt that some posters were losing sight of what was important and becoming passive/aggressive to others...thinking this was a gameshow named 'Who is the Best Sleuth'..etc. That always detracts.
I also have a great deal of respect for members that have given of their time to help.
I have also gotten sidetracked at times...I think it's a natural thing when passionate about solving a crime and worried that it is nowhere near being solved. I think it's great to wander off the track and look for alternate theories, a good detective excercise...but it needs to come back to the facts.
I am new to this site but I care, I would appreciate that those who have been doing this for awhile, on many crimes, would remain patient and not inflate their chests. Makes me feel unwelcome. New perspectives can refresh the insights of those that have worked very hard as well.
Let's find the ones that have not been arrested yet...we are all in danger until they are found.

I am new to this site but I care, I would appreciate that those who have been doing this for awhile, on many crimes, would remain patient and not inflate their chests. Makes me feel unwelcome. New perspectives can refresh the insights of those that have worked very hard as well.
Let's find the ones that have not been arrested yet...we are all in danger until they are found.

well said and in honour of tonight :fireworks:

Can someone please post a pic of the alleged SUV in DM's hangar? I can't seem to find this photo. TIA!

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...wed_police_interest_in_her_disappearance.html

This recent Star article quoting LB's parents saying that DM was never even questioned at all has got me thinking. It may expand on a point that many keep saying "does not make sense" about DM, related to the phone records which led to his arrest in the TB case.

If DM had something to do with LB's disappearance his not being interviewed may have lulled him into a false sense of confidence over police competence, especially in regards to phone records. I'm reminded of an ex-OPP's profiler's take on the case posted in this article:

http://www.mississauga.com/news/article/1618765--bosma-s-killer-is-abusive-exploitive-and-a-risk-taker-profiler

"It's not uncommon for allegedly smart people to be caught by police for crimes like this. They think they are smart enough to commit a crime but don't have the skills to avoid detection. There is often overconfidence there. And there can be risk gratification involved as well."
"It was a plan, but not a great plan," said Van Allen. "It displays overconfidence and inexperience. This is someone who thinks a half-hearted effort is enough &#8212; someone not accounting for the lengths to which police will go to solve this crime."

It's possible that DM was surprised/pleased at how LE never even bothered to contact him despite multiple communications with a person who would go missing within days. Even if LB disappeared some other way not related to DM I think most reasonable people would be surprised at not being contacted. Perhaps this is why DM thought using the burner phone multiple times was no big deal.
Now, it's also possible that DM or one of his accomplices screwed up and didn't intend to use the burner phone for both "Large Man" and TB, but did so anyways. That again fits into that same frame of mind, IMO.
I'm reminded of another article which had some acquaintance telling how DM used a bobcat to haphazardly knock down load bearing walls at a hangar. He could have been crushed and killed but hey, maybe that's just the way he rolled.
I think sometimes it's easy to think that offenders are as read up on true crime as sleuthers or logical that they wouldn't make mistakes, or know simple things like the presence of cameras or cell phone tracking. Maybe a lot of the things that don't make sense yet are really due to overconfidence or just plain stupidity.

It's possible that DM was surprised/pleased at how LE never even bothered to contact him despite multiple communications with a person who would go missing within days.

ITA ... perhaps he thought he was not a suspect because of WHO HE WAS !!

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member