Dellen Millard: Innocent Dupe? Alternative Theories

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Deepak Paradkar has described his client as "very shaken up, very concerned, wondering how one ends up in a situation like this."
Paradkar said Millard is choosing not to speak to police about the investigation.
"At the end of the day, under the constitution, Canadian citizens have the right to remain silent," he said.
http://www.cbc.ca/hamilton/news/story/2013/05/15/hamilton-tim-bosma-dellen-millard-court.html
His lawyer, Deepak Paradkar, says there is more to the story than what has been reported thus far.
“There is a story behind this which I can’t get into," Paradkar said outside the court.
"Obviously it’s more than it appears to be. We’re really waiting for the police investigation to be completed.”
Deepak Paradkar, the lawyer for Dellen Millard, 27, said his client comes from a good family and described him as a “polite, reserved and humble guy.” He has no criminal record that Paradkar knows of, and it makes “no sense” that he would be involved in such a bizarre set of circumstances, Paradkar said.
http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...rs_disappearance_not_talking_lawyer_says.html

I'm not sure that it has anything to do with peoples' perception of it all. The fact of the matter is that LE/the Coroner had reason to further investigate whether his death was, in fact, a suicide. A genuine suicide shouldn't be that difficult to confirm, IMO.
It may have to do with the the fact that there was a lot of money at stake and most likely huge insurance payouts. If it was obvious either way they would have made their ruling, it suggests it wasn't an obvious suicide.

It may have to do with the the fact that there was a lot of money at stake and most likely huge insurance payouts. If it was obvious either way they would have made their ruling, it suggests it wasn't an obvious suicide.

This is exactly the reason, imo, that we're thinking way too small on this whole tragic event. Insurance payouts? Ladies and gents, there were multiple millions, if not billions of dollars at stake here, with a new 8 million dollar hangar up and ready to roll and lucrative contracts with Boeing (AKA military), Airbus and much more all in the net. As of Jan 1, who owns all this? A 27 year old kid who, by his grandfather's admission, wasn't particularly interested in the airline business with only one other close family member available to counsel him, namely his mum who seems, by all reports to be a very nice lady who used to accompany her husband on 'save the seals' film shoots etc. . She seems hardly a person with the knowledge or experience that advising an overnight aviation tycoon presumably requires. In other words the whole purseful of holdings including cash, business assets and real estate, and goodness knows what all else profitable investments, as of less than six months ago, is suddenly in incredibly vulnerable hands.

Anybody who has ever come into a large amount of money unexpectedly knows full well that one suddenly acquires the most fascinating assortment of agreeable new friends. Fabulously interesting strangers with great business ideas appear. Long lost family members are dropping by and neighbors never miss the chance to invite you over. All of these and more find a way to insinuate themselves into your close circle almost magically. It's as if cold cash has its own phenome attraction but until it happens, you don't know that all these wonderful people will disappear just as suddenly when they've relieved you of all your cash and/or celebrity and it's gone. You have to be pretty savvy to pick up on this and stay grounded while it's happening. You almost have to have gone through it once, imo, to even recognize it. Frankly, I don't think a young guy with DM's background could possibly deal with it and, arguably, I'm not sure his father was doing a crackerjack job of rebuilding CM's company either. WM's decision to take on the extraordinarily high risk of the Waterloo airport venture seems quite out of character from all we know about this chap and his years of ecological and animal causes. Documentary filmmaking seems to have been his principal interest. Aviation tycoon never seemed to be in the mix and his aversion to competition was even referenced in the Obituary. So what or who convinced him to take such a dramatic leap at his age?

Well, the old saying is "rags to rags" in three generations but, imo, one contributing factor comes from the pressure of trusted advisors along the way who have everything to gain by positioning themselves inside your world and are always looking to improve their advantage. Of course, another contributing factor, where power and money are big enough, is that cutthroat competitors also materialize, missing no opportunity to cut you down and whose tactics can range all the way from gentlemanly contest to flat out gangsterism.

So, follow the money. I suppose the obvious start is to ask who benefits most by having MillardAir completely out of the picture in the intensely competitive aviation industry? Another question might be who benefits most by having the Millard family personal fortunes floating free with nobody at the helm. In either case, with father dead and junior in the slammer, the whole field is pretty much cleared for the taking in less than six months.

That's why, IMO this case is likely far more complex than it appeared at the outset, potentially involving persons, organizations and businesses that could have had much larger designs on this closely held family company than we presently know about and could certainly have led to a frameup or frameups. The chicanery could well have been in the making over several months or more, all culminating in this DM episode which is just one small scene. I'm even thinking that this story may reach high enough that really, we may never learn much more about it from the authorities but instead it will just gradually disappear leaving junior in the hoosegow for a couple of years, no trial, eventually released on some technicality while the real black hats continue to feast on the proceeds of their crime(s).

Sound paranoid? Well, when there's cash and opportunity in such huge amounts lying around unattended there are always takers. Ruthlessness goes with their territory. OOM

So, follow the money. I suppose the obvious start is to ask who benefits most by having MillardAir completely out of the picture in the intensely competitive aviation industry? Another question might be who benefits most by having the Millard family personal fortunes floating free with nobody at the helm. In either case, with father dead and junior in the slammer, the whole field is pretty much cleared for the taking in less than six months.

If I could give this post multiple thankyous I would give it ten.

Fantastic post articulating a lot of things that have been on my mind. Someone is ultimately going to benefit from this? Who?

This is exactly the reason, imo, that we're thinking way too small on this whole tragic event. Insurance payouts? Ladies and gents, there were multiple millions, if not billions of dollars at stake here, with a new 8 million dollar hangar up and ready to roll and lucrative contracts with Boeing (AKA military), Airbus and much more all in the net. As of Jan 1, who owns all this? A 27 year old kid who, by his grandfather's admission, wasn't particularly interested in the airline business with only one other close family member available to counsel him, namely his mum who seems, by all reports to be a very nice lady who used to accompany her husband on 'save the seals' film shoots etc. . She seems hardly a person with the knowledge or experience that advising an overnight aviation tycoon presumably requires. In other words the whole purseful of holdings including cash, business assets and real estate, and goodness knows what all else profitable investments, as of less than six months ago, is suddenly in incredibly vulnerable hands.

Anybody who has ever come into a large amount of money unexpectedly knows full well that one suddenly acquires the most fascinating assortment of agreeable new friends. Fabulously interesting strangers with great business ideas appear. Long lost family members are dropping by and neighbors never miss the chance to invite you over. All of these and more find a way to insinuate themselves into your close circle almost magically. It's as if cold cash has its own phenome attraction but until it happens, you don't know that all these wonderful people will disappear just as suddenly when they've relieved you of all your cash and/or celebrity and it's gone. You have to be pretty savvy to pick up on this and stay grounded while it's happening. You almost have to have gone through it once, imo, to even recognize it. Frankly, I don't think a young guy with DM's background could possibly deal with it and, arguably, I'm not sure his father was doing a crackerjack job of rebuilding CM's company either. WM's decision to take on the extraordinarily high risk of the Waterloo airport venture seems quite out of character from all we know about this chap and his years of ecological and animal causes. Documentary filmmaking seems to have been his principal interest. Aviation tycoon never seemed to be in the mix and his aversion to competition was even referenced in the Obituary. So what or who convinced him to take such a dramatic leap at his age?

Well, the old saying is "rags to rags" in three generations but, imo, one contributing factor comes from the pressure of trusted advisors along the way who have everything to gain by positioning themselves inside your world and are always looking to improve their advantage. Of course, another contributing factor, where power and money are big enough, is that cutthroat competitors also materialize, missing no opportunity to cut you down and whose tactics can range all the way from gentlemanly contest to flat out gangsterism.

That's why, IMO this case is likely far more complex than it appeared at the outset, potentially involving persons, organizations and businesses that could have had much larger designs on this closely held family company than we presently know about and could certainly have led to a frameup or frameups. The chicanery could well have been in the making over several months or more, all culminating in this DM episode which is just one small scene. I'm even thinking that this story may reach high enough that really, we may never learn much more about it from the authorities but instead it will just gradually disappear leaving junior in the hoosegow for a couple of years, no trial, eventually released on some technicality while the real black hats continue to feast on the proceeds of their crime(s).

Sound paranoid? Well, when there's cash and opportunity in such quantum amounts lying around unattended there are always takers. Ruthlessness goes with their territory. OOM

Cleared for the taking by WHOM?

Sound paranoid? Well, when there's cash and opportunity in such huge amounts lying around unattended there are always takers. Ruthlessness goes with their territory. OOM

Part of me agrees with this whole-heartedly, epecially when comparing a few things I found when digging on other people. The other part of me thinks this kind of set up could only happen in a hollywood movie. IMO

Well I am not a lawyer, and even I can create reasonable doubt in this case (so far) .. Hope they have some evidence like fingerprints in or on Tims truck or phone... Should they not find any prints, reasonable doubt will be very present in this case ...IMO

Well I am not a lawyer, and even I can create reasonable doubt in this case (so far) .. Hope they have some evidence like fingerprints in or on Tims truck or phone... Should they not find any prints, reasonable doubt will be very present in this case ...IMO

Well it's going to be a stretch to figure out how someone, whom DM is apparently unaware of, had access to his hangar (through a barb wire fenced in compound and a code or key to access it, the locks on his trailer, a fifth wheel hook up on a vehicle to tow it, and had the knowledge of not only the fact that he had an incinerator on his farm but also had the ability to use it. Would there not be some kind of safety locking feature on one of these as well? Not to mention the knowledge of where all these places were, including his mother's home address. There is also a surveillance/security camera on the hangar. I wonder if LE was able to get any video from that.

Should be interesting to hear what else LE have uncovered forensically.

MOO

Well it's going to be a stretch to figure out how someone, whom DM is apparently unaware of, had access to his hangar

MOO

You do? Why? He had several employees. His father had many more. His grandfather had more still. Maybe you're unaware of how coded locks work and how different levels of access are or can be, from time to time, awarded to different persons. Aaargh. I can't frankly be bothered to explain it. Suffice it to say that if he went out with some people to finalize the purchase of a truck (should it turn out to suit his purpose) then leave to go home giving instructions to the others to a) return TB to his home and b) drive the new vehicle to the hangar, every6body would be provided with whatever access codes they needed, if they didn't already have them.

You do? Why? He had several employees. His father had many more. His grandfather had more still. Maybe you're unaware of how coded locks work and how different levels of access are or can be, from time to time, awarded to different persons. Aaargh. I can't frankly be bothered to explain it. Suffice it to say that if he went out with some people to finalize the purchase of a truck (should it turn out to suit his purpose) then leave to go home giving instructions to the others to a) return TB to his home and b) drive the new vehicle to the hangar, every6body would be provided with whatever access codes they needed, if they didn't already have them.

If that were the case, then Dm would be singing his heart out from the moment they picked him up, naming the other individuals he was with.

Well it's going to be a stretch to figure out how someone, whom DM is apparently unaware of, had access to his hangar (through a barb wire fenced in compound and a code or key to access it, the locks on his trailer, a fifth wheel hook up on a vehicle to tow it, and had the knowledge of not only the fact that he had an incinerator on his farm but also had the ability to use it. Would there not be some kind of safety locking feature on one of these as well? Not to mention the knowledge of where all these places were, including his mother's home address. There is also a surveillance/security camera on the hangar. I wonder if LE was able to get any video from that.

Should be interesting to hear what else LE have uncovered forensically.

MOO

But IF he is aware of the person... It is quite easy...
His "buddy" could have asked him outright to use his toys for that night...
Maybe DM is free with his toys, I believe I read somewhere he is very generous with his money, taking friends on trips and such..
IMO. There will be no video from the hanger...

I would love an update on what they have found! sadly, I don't think we will hear much more about this case...

Agreed! :)
that the 1st test drive Truck owner called in the tip, nope, LE called him...

And this is what makes me suspicious of this guy. As far as Im concerned he is also a POI, and as he has not been identified I'm assuming that I can discuss his potential involvement.

The reasons I think he is a POI and could be involved are.

1. He was contacted by the burner phone.
2. He did not go to the police about these suspicious individuals, even days after the abduction was plastered all over the news, social media and on missing posters all over the province.
3. His description of the tattoo is possibly wrong, almost second hand.
4. He remains unidentified, either by his own choice or because police consider him a POI also. Im sure reporters are gagging to speak to him.
5. In frame up scenario, he would likely be involved.
6. The same clothing description of both individuals that was also common knowledge at the time, but with one discrepancy, being that the long sleeved orange shirt was conveniently a short sleeved orange shirt.
7. The test drive was in Etobicoke, where DM happens to have a residence. (You dont poop where you eat)

What reinforces his story however is the fact that he was also advertising his Dodge Ram on Kijiji. (This is seriously damaging the theory and I admit it.)

What would clear him of involvement would be.

CCTV footage of the test drive, with conclusive proof it took place, and the occupants in the vehicle were those he described.

What would further incriminate him in my mind would be.

Evidence that other calls made from the burner phone, were to people he is associated with or his business.

Any evidence that this guy deals in stolen vehicles or parts.

These are all questions I am hoping LE are exploring to get to the truth.

And this is what makes me suspicious of this guy. As far as Im concerned he is also a POI, and as he has not been identified I'm assuming that I can discuss his potential involvement.

2. He did not go to the police about these suspicious individuals, even days after the abduction was plastered all over the news, social media and on missing posters all over the province.
4. He remains unidentified, either by his own choice or because police consider him a POI also. Im sure reporters are gagging to speak to him.
6. The same clothing description of both individuals that was also common knowledge at the time, but with one discrepancy, being that the long sleeved orange shirt was conveniently a short sleeved orange shirt.

What reinforces his story however is the fact that he was also advertising his Dodge Ram on Kijiji. (This is seriously damaging the theory and I admit it.)

CCTV footage of the test drive, with conclusive proof it took place, and the occupants in the vehicle were those he described.

Evidence that other calls made from the burner phone, were to people he is associated with or his business.

He has not been identified because he is an important witness and the second suspect is still at large. And no, you can not discuss or sleuth this person as a potential suspect. LE are aware of who he is and have given us no reason to believe he's involved.

MOO

(snipped for length)

What incentive do you envision for truck guy #1 to concoct a fake abduction story? I'm sure it would have been trivial for police to vet/disprove any potential involvement with the Millard crew.

I would say...
2. Not everyone follows the news closely and he might not have made the connection between test-driving his ram and the disappearance of another Ram owner
3. Eyewitness evidence is notoriously flaky, I think it is a given that NO ONE would be able to come up with an exact description if they did not know they were going to be tested on this in the future
4. Just because LE doesn't ID him doesn't mean he's a POI
6. I recall the shirt being described as a "short-sleeve t-shirt" with no colour given

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/05/10/police-find-cellphone-of-missing-hamilton-man-who-went-for-test-drive-with-two-strange-men-and-never-came-back/

Definitely worth pursuing further, imo. RMEG (The Really Massive Etobicoke Guy) is absolutely essential in establishing the active participation of DM in this crime.

Where is the Kijiji advertisement for his vehicle? How do we know for sure about this?

I do think that if DM purchased the vehicle and left the scene before the crime was committed, he had every opportunity, several days in fact, to go to the police and explain what happened before he was arrested. Even if he wasnt aware of the public alerts that were made almost immediately after Tim went missing, he would almost certainly have needed to try and get in touch with Tim the following day to finalize something or another, and would have learned then.

This theory doesnt work for me.

I do think that if DM purchased the vehicle and left the scene before the crime was committed, he had every opportunity, several days in fact, to go to the police and explain what happened before he was arrested. Even if he wasnt aware of the public alerts that were made almost immediately after Tim went missing, he would almost certainly have needed to try and get in touch with Tim the following day to finalize something or another, and would have learned then.

ER see my post #7 above. IMO no one in their right mind would allow a complete stranger to just hand over a wad of money in the middle of nowhere at night and call it a done deal. There are laws which have to be follow when selling and buying a vehicle; from a moped to a truck to boat. There is paperwork involved and these guys knew that.

Good point. If he'd delegated the final details of the truck purchase to underlings or associates, though, I can see no reason why he'd want/need to contact the seller. I imagine alerts about TB having gone missing would have been all over the Ontario airwaves in that first week so for the theory to hold any water, you would think he'd put 2 and 2 together, unless he was completely out of the media loop during that time.

Good point. If he'd delegated the final details of the truck purchase to underlings or associates, though, I can see no reason why he'd want/need to contact the seller. I imagine alerts about TB having gone missing would have been all over the Ontario airwaves in that first week so for the theory to hold any water, you would think he'd put 2 and 2 together, unless he was completely out of the media loop during that time.

So the theory remains intact only with the following conditions.

1) after the sale, and before TB exits the vehicle, DM leaves the scene.
2) DM does not register the vehicle at the DVLA and get the plates changed ( it was reported missing, DVLA should know)
3) Nobody else who is aware of the missing truck sees the vehicle wherever it was kept.
4) DM remains blissfully unaware of the TB case.
5) suspects #2 & #3 don't inform him of what happened.

definitely not working for me. The only way I see DM being uninvolved in the crime, is if it wasnt him on the test drive(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member