FL - Wanda Ziglar for fatally shooting chihuahua, Golden Gate, 2005

Jeana (DP)

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Frightened woman kills neighbor's Chihuahua with shotgun

NAPLES, Fla. (AP) — A woman has been sentenced to 30 days in jail for killing her neighbor's Chihuahua with a shotgun, telling the dog's owner she was horribly frightened by the pooch.

Wanda Ziglar, 49, of Golden Gate, pleaded no contest Tuesday to one felony count of animal cruelty. Senior Judge Jack Schoonover agreed to withhold a formal finding of guilt of the charge.

She said in court that she grabbed a shotgun and fired two warning shots into the air to try to scare off the dog.
"I was scared by the dog. It came out from behind my garbage can," said Ziglar.

The dog's owner told Ziglar that she didn't believe her.

"There's no way a 2-pound dog was going to scare you," Olegnichar said

http://www.courttv.com/people/2005/0323/dog_ap.html

What a nut case! I guess we can all be thankful that it wasn't a toddler that came out from behind the trash cans.

Oh my goodness, talk about overkill! A SHOTGUN!!!!
Scared of a chihuahua? I guess it's possible (for some), but it hardly
deserved to be shot.:( Sad.

Gotta get going,

much love,

Ariel

LOL I have a biter chihuahua and all of my friends are terrified of him. He is 4 lbs of unleashed fury. I have to kennel him anytime anyone other then me is in the house.

I have a chihuahua that will only let me touch him, walk him, or even sit on the couch with him. They're tough little dogs. Mine is 14 now.

Nancy

I have one named Bebop and he is an ankle biter, but most of the ppl I know, laugh at him and just push him away with their foot.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back