PA Booted From Mall For Cancer Hats

No, the mall does not need to be "flexible" - they have every right to ask that someone wearing a profane article of clothing leave their private property. They were there with a nine year old. How trashy.

slippery slope. If you don't ask the girls with the F bomb on their hats (even though the sentiment is against cancer) then you have to explain why you are asking the thuggy fellow to leave because of his inappropriate language tee shirt which refers to women as Bs and Hs.

I get why this happened. Not everyone wants to read profanity. I personally would not have been offended, but I know people who would be and because of that I think the mall security was just doing their job.

It is not all about me and what I think is okay or not okay, I try to be conscious that others may feel differently and act accordingly. While I love the sentiment behind the hats, I would have found them inappropriate to wear out of respect for others more sensitive to language. We all gotta coexist.

There are more appropriate ways to express your hate, dread, and sympathy for cancer patients. I am discussed with the constant of the F word everywhere!!

so what they're teaching their children is that it's ok to use (wear) profanity

I find the whole "f" word thing on clothing to be rather crass... but I can't help but laugh at the fact that the mall does house 2 stores that profits from crass clothing and products: Hot Topic and Spencers. Especially Spencers... they have loads of shirts and products where the "f" word is NOT censored. So, if they are going to go after these people over their crass shirts and hats, then they need to stop allowing similar products to be sold on their property. You can't play both sides of the fence...

then you have to explain why you are asking the thuggy fellow to leave because of his inappropriate language tee shirt which refers to women as Bs and Hs.

Did you see the photo at the link where their Uncle is included in all his garb? I bet no way would that guard have asked him to leave.

Admittedly it is crass like Elphaba said. Admittedly I curse. It is not nice. It's not ladylike. I don't curse in public especially in a place like a Mall where there's kids. Admittedly when my child was small I wouldn't have been thrilled for her to have to see the hats. However, considering their mother just passed. The poor woman suffered greatly under their care. It was an RN who had the clothing made for profits for Cancer Awareness.

The head honcho of the Mall apologized. The women took the apology. Honestly I wouldn't have even noticed. Here? No biggie.

I love it. Enough indecent profane language. If you are asked to remove vulgar clothing or cover it up and you refuse, goodbye. The mall is a private business and they can set their standards, and the F word is not acceptable.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kenzo2011
Back