1216 users online (261 members and 955 guests)  

Websleuths News

France - Grégory Villemin, 4, Lépanges-sur-Vologne, 16 October 1984

The smiling boy whose murder haunts France

Published: 25 Apr 2013 16:31 GMT+02:00 | Print version
    Updated: 25 Apr 2013 16:31 GMT+02:00

Who’s Grégory Villemin?

He was a four-year-old boy found drowned in the Vologne river near Docelles, in eastern France in October 1984.

Why has he been in the news this week?

On Wednesday, a prosecutor in the city of Dijon announced that much-anticipated DNA tests on Grégory’s clothes, and on cords used to tie up his hands and feet, had been inconclusive.

http://www.thelocal.fr/20130425/greg...t#.UZzolcpGAWw

McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    It's certainly a big case. I have it on my Classic Cold Case Poll but it doesn't have any votes yet.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

I've looked on several sites about the case but can't find an answer to a very important question-did The Crow's letters and phone calls stop after Jean-Marie Villeman murdered his cousin, Laroche?

This year, it will be 30 years since little 4-year-old Gregory was murdered. The case that featured an individual who identified themselves as Le Corbeau (The Crow) and who taunted the Villemin family by both telephone and letter before and after the murder. By phone, the Crow's voice was so frantic that it was not possible to tell if it was a man or a woman. On the day of the murder, the Crow sent one last letter saying "I HAVE MY REVENGE". Later, Gregory's father shot and killed his cousin who police were investigating but there was no evidence against Bernard Laroche who was most likely innocent. Mr. Villemin served 4 years in prison for the killing. Gregory's mother Christine was put on trial for killing her child but the verdict came back as not guilty. So today it stands as an unsolved case.

Stan Reid

Arrests!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40277466

investigators from Dijon detained a couple in their 70s in the village of Aumontzey, in the Vologne river valley. Sources told French media that they were the father's uncle and aunt.

They were placed in police custody on suspicion of complicity in the murder, failing to report a crime or helping a person at risk, according to L'Est Républicain website.

A third person reported to be the father's half-sister was also being held. A fourth, said to be the victim's grandmother, was taken in as a witness. Her husband was also questioned.

Prosecutor Jean-Jacques Bosc said investigators had targeted "people very close to the heart of this case" and hoped to provide answers to the questions they had.

Local reporters covering the case pointed out that none of those held on Wednesday were suspected of the boy's murder.

They also said that Muriel Bolle, who as a teenager had initially blamed the killing on Bernard Laroche, had been asked to provide a DNA sample on Wednesday before later being released.
    Last edited by Ellmau; 06-14-2017 at 05:36 PM. Reason: adding links

And in the Wail!

Police arrest three relatives over the unsolved murder of 'Little Gregory': Smiling toddler was found tied up and drowned in 1984 in chilling case that still haunts France

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-Gregory.html

So who are they saying did it and why did they do it? To me, it looks like the people brought in are just being held as individuals who were protecting the actual killer-have I missed something?

Stan Reid

Quote Originally Posted by STANDREID View Post
    So who are they saying did it and why did they do it? To me, it looks like the people brought in are just being held as individuals who were protecting the actual killer-have I missed something?
    According to this article:
    The boy’s great aunt and uncle, Marcel and Jacqueline Jacob, aged 72 and 73, were arrested in June and placed under formal investigation for “kidnapping and confinement followed by death”. Days later another relative, Murielle Bolle, 15 at the time of the murder, was detained and similarly charged.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20..._Add_to_Pocket