Identified! CA - Yolo Co., Wht/AdmixFem 364UFCA, 43-58, May'96 - Vicki Pyrskalla

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 364UFCA
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/364ufca.html
NamUs UP 7448 https://identifyus.org/en/cases/7448

364UFCA.jpg

Victim's Ring

Unidentified White / Ad Mixed Female

The victim was discovered on May 25, 1996 in Sacramento, California.
Estimated Date of Death: Days prior to discovery
Probable drowning victim

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 43 - 58 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'5"; 135 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Hair and eye color unknown. No scars/marks/tattoos noted due to decomposition.
Clothing/Jewelry: Green stretch pants, blue socks. One silver metal ring with green stone found on the third digit of right hand.
Other: Methamphetamine use

Case History
The victim was located, covered with a thick layer of brown mud, near Crawdads Restaurant in Sacramento, California, floating in the Sacramento River. The remains were in an advanced stage of decomposition.

Why was she never listed on any of the missing sites? This could have been a match a long time ago.

Yolo County isn't all the far from Butte County. Wouldn't Yolo have notified at least their neighboring counties.

Sorry, just a tad angry that this went for 17 years and seems to have been an easy match if reported.

That was one gorgeous ring. If she was doing meth you'd think she'd have pawned that off..

The decedent has been identified as 42-year-old Victorine “Vicki” Lee Pyrskalla, who was reported missing to the Butte County Sheriff’s Department in west Chico on January 4, 1996.

Story.jpg

http://www.khsltv.com/content/local...-Matches-DNA-from/MLGLT-Kg_kijANs5kCbZ5w.cspx

Upper Right 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Upper Left
A A F P P P P N N N N N N F F A
Lower Right A F F N N N P P N N N N N F F A Lower Left
32 31 30 29 28 27 26 25 24 23 22 21 20 19 18 17

N=Natural tooth, no fillingF=Filling, inlay, onlay, or veneerC=Crown or capB=Bridge workR=Root canalA=Antemortem loss (healed socket)P=Postmortem loss (open socket)I=ImpactedO=Other features (describe in dental comments)Comments SEE IMAGES SECTION for detailed dental charting and dental Xrays.
Dental records on file at CALDOJ: 916-227-3290 missing.persons@doj.ca.gov
Tooth#10 (upper Right lateral Incisor) Rotated significantly
Teeth#4-7 and 25-26: Not Recovered: Sockets are evident

hmmmm.....maybe the daughter is right.......

I've seen heights be off by a few inches.

But if she was honestly telling the truth about her mother having a hysterectomy, I'm pretty sure those don't just grow back.

I agree they dont grow back which would cause a problem - how would the DNA be a match then? :confused::confused:

I agree they dont grow back which would cause a problem - how would the DNA be a match then? :confused::confused:

Well it could be a mistake, or the mother could have not had a hysterectomy and said she did (Maybe like how some women say they're on birth control when they aren't? I have no idea why).

How often is DNA wrong though? I know that in cases of twins they need fingerprints to tell the difference instead of DNA, but I doubt that she had a twin that was found dead just months after she went missing.

Yolo Co. has not marked UID as identified. Curious. Dental X-rays are available for comparison. The daughter could submit Mitochodrial DNA for comparison. I wonder who submitted to NamUs? Human error is always a possibility.

http://yolosheriffs.com/unidncase.html

The Butte County Sheriff’s Office had submitted DNA from Vicki’s parents to the
California Department of Justice Bureau of Forensic Services to be entered into the
Missing Person database with the hope of matching DNA in the future to unidentified
human remains.

http://www.buttecounty.net/~/media/...2013/05-21-2013 Pyrskalla Missing Person.ashx

Just came across that, yes, i am late, but the thread just was brought up.

According to her daughter, she had no hysterectomy, but one ovary and tube removed due to endometriosis.
I have severe endometriosis myself and it creates adhesions in your pelvic area that make it difficult to see all the tiny structures tubes and ovaries are. It is very likely that the autopsy just missed that one ovary and tube were gone. Active endometriosis itself is most often missed in a living person by doctors themselves, let alone old, scarred endometriosis lesions in an over 40 year woman by a quick routine autopsy.
She had her uterus and one tube and ovary.

Did they do another check? Sometimes a childs gut feeling is correct.

But if she was honestly telling the truth about her mother having a hysterectomy, I'm pretty sure those don't just grow back.

im super late to the party but i read it as she had one fallopian and ovary removed, not the whole uterus. i feel as if decomp could cause that to be missed.

that being said, i dont blame her for questioning the circumstances. im wondering if she was stabbed somewhere that did not knick bone and placed in the river and float down.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back