TX TX - Houston, in Lake Houston, WhtMale 25-35, UP7147, scars, Calvin Klein jeans, Mar'89

Lostindetroit

Reaction score
Here is my first thread so here we go...

Namus Link: https://identifyus.org/en/cases/7147

ME/C Case Number: ML89-1766

WARNING -POSTMORTEM PIC AT NAMUS LINK (NOT TO GRAPHIC)

Discovered:
March 16 1989 Within Hours

Body conditions
Not recognizable - Traumatic injuries

Male 20-30 Years Old

5'6" Tall, Weight 129, White Male, Blue Eyes

Brown Hair 3 inches in length

Calvin Klein brand blue jeans (28x30) and underwear.

Found floating in water: 1610 Zoo Cir. Hermann Park Lk. Houston, Harris County, TX. Decedent found in Lake Houston near above address. Decedent had been seen around the park for several days and is believed to of had mental problems.

Scars, Marks:
six inch vertical scar on abdomen and a scar on the cubital area of the right arm.

Fingerprints X-Rays and Dentals Available
According to autopsy report, 1, 16, 17, and 32 are impacted.

Oh I forgot. I know California to Texas. He had a minute to get there and with the mental problems listed who knows where he could of ended up. Just a thought.

Thank you Carl, you do not know how much your opinion means on this board. I agree slightly on the ears with a second look, but aren't they both attached? Just something about the moustache and eyebrows that strike me as real similar.

So not worth an E-Mail to Harris County?

I was thinking with this poor soul, having no DNA, no match on CODIS is possible. (as you know) Apparently there was no fingerprint match when submitted at death, no tattoos or broken bones any submission at all possible would be a good start to give this man his name back. His case seems like his case has had little activity and with such a good picture it seems very solvable.

Any ideas on his possible nationality, maybe Spanish, Mediterranean?
Possible Middle Eastern and came to this country on Vacation, or came from Mexico?
His page of course says White but that does not specify his nationality. (as you know)

Anyone know how responsive Harris County is to private citizens?
I'd just like to get this gentleman a few good submissions if possible.
Now searching Missing People's posts out of the U.S, keep you updated.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks guys...

How about Ruben Ramirez? (NamUs)

- He went missing on January 6th 1989
- LKA is Fort Worth, Texas (a 4 hour drive from where the UID was found but the circumstances of his disappearance are unknown so I guess it’s possible that he went to Houston for whatever reason)
- height: 5’5” - 5’6” (match)
- weight: 125 - 135 lbs (match)
- brown hair (match)
- on his picture Ruben seems to have similar facial hair
- the only discrepancy is that Ruben is listed to have brown eyes as opposed to the UID’s blue eyes

Ruben’s picture isn’t very clear. I think they definitely look alike. I’m just not sure about their noses, but the UID’s picture is taken from the side so I can’t properly compare them.

Original

WARNING: if you want to compare him to the UID please note that there’s only a post-mortem picture available. It’s on his NamUs page but it’s not graphic.

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP7147
Male, White / Caucasian

*GRAPHIC POSTMORTEM PHOTO ATTACHED*

Date Body Found: March 16, 1989
Location Found: Houston, Texas

Location Found: Map
Estimated Age: Adult - Pre 40; 25-35
Estimated PMI: Hours
Measured Height: 5' 5"
Measured Weight: 129 lbs
Hair Color: Brown; 3 inches long

Eye Color: Blue
Scar/Mark: 6-inch vertical scar on abdomen and a scar on the cubital area of the right arm.
Clothing: Calvin Klein brand blue jeans (28x30) and underwear

Circumstances of Recovery:
Decedent found in Lake Houston near above address. (29.717203N , -95.390961W)

Attachments

• 67D429B6-A65C-485B-84BD-57301F6980FF.jpeg
    67D429B6-A65C-485B-84BD-57301F6980FF.jpeg
    88.2 KB · Views: 9
Steven Mackey (43) doesn't have a photo and he's quite a few years older than JD's estimated age. ETA - Height is off by 4". There's not much info about him or his disappearance other than what's on his NamUs profile. He went missing from San Antonio 3 days before JD's death. Did he go to Houston? :confused:

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

How about Ruben Ramirez? (NamUs)

- He went missing on January 6th 1989
- LKA is Fort Worth, Texas (a 4 hour drive from where the UID was found but the circumstances of his disappearance are unknown so I guess it’s possible that he went to Houston for whatever reason)
- height: 5’5” - 5’6” (match)
- weight: 125 - 135 lbs (match)
- brown hair (match)
- on his picture Ruben seems to have similar facial hair
- the only discrepancy is that Ruben is listed to have brown eyes as opposed to the UID’s blue eyes

Ruben’s picture isn’t very clear. I think they definitely look alike. I’m just not sure about their noses, but the UID’s picture is taken from the side so I can’t properly compare them.

Original

WARNING: if you want to compare him to the UID please note that there’s only a post-mortem picture available. It’s on his NamUs page but it’s not graphic.
Hi, @LeenC! Have you submitted Ruben as a PM? I think you might be on to something here.

I think both Steven and Ruben should be submitted. I don’t think Steven is too old...

Color version of postmortem photo
1674836409096.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100