Page 33 of 64 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Brett Seacat on trial for murdering his wife Vashti

TigerBalm is offline Pray for all the missing and innocent people whose lives were taken too soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelby1 View Post
    Because it's Kansas law that people on the witness stand get that choice. I know, it sucks. BUT, he could have chosen no audio, too........
    Defendant's shouldn't have the right to not show their faces once they take the stand.

Stupid law there Kansas!
    JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS!!!
    MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio
    Jury selection to begin on September 8 #JodiArias

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to TigerBalm For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Curious Me View Post
    Tru Value car repair on certain sides of the street indicate whether the repairs are done.
    He went to Tru Value and a car wash to wash the truck, then went to Casey's to get GAS.

He filled the truck up with GAS, well he didn't fill it up all the way because he didn't have enough money. Remembers 9.28 gallons, but not the price, says BS. Ah, Jodi, Jodi.

GASoLINE!

Recess for the day.
    Maybe the prosecutor will whip out GAS receipts from another state? Hey..it's happened before.
    "It's like a field of lies that have sprouted around her, as she sat on that witness stand" - Juan Martinez - closing arguments 5/1/13

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to AngelWings444 For This Useful Post:

TigerBalm is offline Pray for all the missing and innocent people whose lives were taken too soon!
    If I'm going to remember either or ... it will be the price, not the gallons.

:lame:
    JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS!!!

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TigerBalm For This Useful Post:

A Liar! Is that the word you're searching for?
    Why thank you, that might be the word right there! How absolutely brillant of you to think of it.....thank you again!
    "Sarcasm"... my super-power!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Thundar For This Useful Post:

I asked the news reporter that is inside the court room how many men and women on the jury. This is her reply via Twitter:

There are five women and eight men, which includes the alternate jurors. Two jurors have been dismissed already.

10. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Shelby1 For This Useful Post:

I asked the news reporter that is inside the court room how many men and women on the jury. This is her reply via Twitter:

There are five women and eight men, which includes the alternate jurors. Two jurors have been dismissed already.
    The thank you button was NOT enough....thank you for asking that!

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Thundar For This Useful Post:

I wonder if we will hear this defendant say he felt like a used piece of toilet paper?!?!?

JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS!!!

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TigerBalm For This Useful Post:

Wish there were more women, wives and mothers, on the jury for this particular case. Hope they are all, men and women, willing to convict this guy who killed his wife and put his sons in danger, IMOO. The children will suffer for his decision to kill Vashti for the rest of their lives.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Curious Me For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TigerBalm View Post
    I wonder if we will hear this defendant say he felt like a used piece of toilet paper?!?!?

I bet this defendant goes with the torched hard drive.......I was made to feel like a torched hard drive, or a thrown out cell phone!

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Thundar For This Useful Post:

Wish there were more women, wives and mothers, on the jury for this particular case. Hope they are all, men and women, willing to convict this guy who killed his wife and put his sons in danger, IMOO. The children will suffer for his decision to kill Vashti for the rest of their lives.
    It's ok, if we don't have wives and mothers and there are more "guys" they surely have been pulled over and ticketed by an officer...

Unfortunately it's all too common for a renegade officer to have a temper. The job lends itself to that being a breeding ground for what may be under the surface of the person in the first place.
    Stephanie Hart, P.I.
    Southern California
    @StephAnnHart

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to StephanieHartPI For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TigerBalm View Post
    Defendant's shouldn't have the right to not show their faces once they take the stand.

Stupid law there Kansas!
    I agree. Seeing the person while they testify, their expressions, fidgeting, nervousness, demeanor......all of that factors in to whether they're believable or not. To me if there are cameras, there are cameras.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to fifteen89 For This Useful Post:

See y'all tomorrah.

Gunna spend the evening updating my pants sniffing expert witness resume and working on my website.
    "No one believes a word out of your mouth, why do you keep talking?" --Ryan Owens (ABC News)

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to KMouse For This Useful Post:

HLN just said when BS cracked the joke about being at Panera so long, the jurors were not happy. They also said his facial expressions, jokes, and long answers to questions that shouldn't be long, has not helped him at all. Jury tuning him out.

Dang it. I really want to see his face when he's testilying.
    "It's like a field of lies that have sprouted around her, as she sat on that witness stand" - Juan Martinez - closing arguments 5/1/13

26. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to AngelWings444 For This Useful Post:

On HLN:

One of the reporters petitioned the court to show Seacat's face, but it didn't work.

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Shelby1 For This Useful Post:

I'm still getting up to speed in this case. Anyone know who has the Children? TIA.
    All posts are my opinion only unless supported by a link
    Keep calm and carry on

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bravo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
    I'm still getting up to speed in this case. Anyone know who has the Children? TIA.
    I don't know. I've been trying to find out.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shelby1 For This Useful Post:

What sentencing is Brett Seacap facing?

He must have thought he could get away with it. Bet he wishes he didn't spend all that time looking online at the bustling used cell phone market or wasting time torching hard drives, and kicks himself for not thinking sanely about the possibility of spending the rest of his life behind bars.

From what I could find, he's facing a “hard-50” sentence if convicted of premeditated, first-degree murder in his wife’s death.

Plus

The charge of aggravated arson carries a potential sentence of between four and 20 years in prison. Charges of aggravated endangering a child each carry a sentence of between five and 17 months in prison upon conviction.

Is that right? Sounds like he is not going to be part of his children's lives at all now if he is found guilty.
    He sure sounds guilty to me.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Curious Me For This Useful Post:

did i miss anything today? it was super hot so i ended up being out all day with the kids
    All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; The point is to discover them.

Jodi Ann Arias - GUILTY 1st Degree Murder

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to josie1986 For This Useful Post:

I love listening to Ted Rowlands on JMV describe the defendant on the stand.
    JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS!!!

38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TigerBalm For This Useful Post:

There's some pics here of Vashti's family. There's a lovely pic of Vashti with her children.

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/05/19...-trial-in.html

"Kathleen Forrest, Vashti Seacat’s older sister, said Friday, “What people don’t realize is that for us, time has stood still. Two years ago it stood still.”

When you love someone so much and that person is “jerked from their life unexpectedly … you can’t move on,” she said.

“The pain is beyond what anybody can even imagine.”

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/05/19...#storylink=cpy

40. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Curious Me For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by josie1986 View Post
    did i miss anything today? it was super hot so i ended up being out all day with the kids
    Today Brett took the stand! He'll be back on tomorrow too.

"Brett Seacat takes stand in his first-degree murder trial in death of wife, Vashti"
    The Wichita Eagle - Updated Thursday, June 6, 2013, at 6:09 p.m.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2013/06/06/283...#storylink=cpy

"Before she left, Vashti kissed him, Seacat testified."

"I thought it was odd." When asked why by defense attorney Roger Falk he said, "because in the last week or week and a half we'd been back and forth about 50 times on divorce."

See you all tomorrow.

42. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Curious Me For This Useful Post:

Until tomorrow friends
    Don't take yourself so seriously... nobody else does.

44. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to seattlechiquita For This Useful Post:

I wish there were more women, too! Reminds me of the JA jury.

Does anyone know the genders of the 4 against death?? I never heard anything about those 4 other than the foreman and I think he ran for cover!
    Last edited by travelgal; 06-06-2013 at 08:34 PM.

JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS

46. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to travelgal For This Useful Post:

Today Brett took the stand! He'll be back on tomorrow too.

"Brett Seacat takes stand in his first-degree murder trial in death of wife, Vashti"
    The Wichita Eagle - Updated Thursday, June 6, 2013, at 6:09 p.m.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2013/06/06/283...#storylink=cpy

"Before she left, Vashti kissed him, Seacat testified."

"I thought it was odd." When asked why by defense attorney Roger Falk he said, "because in the last week or week and a half we'd been back and forth about 50 times on divorce."

See you all tomorrow.
    oh this is just my luck.
    from what im reading he didn't want video of himself?

if so,pretty pointless when the camera pans in on him all the time in court and we all know what he looks like
    All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; The point is to discover them.

Jodi Ann Arias - GUILTY 1st Degree Murder

48. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to josie1986 For This Useful Post:

I heard Brett took the stand today. Was he televised or did he ask to be blacked out. If his testimony was broadcast can someone point me to footage of it?

TIA
    Buttons updated 10-30-2014 Special Looney Tunes Edition

Made by HD ----->

50. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Steely Dan For This Useful Post:

Page 33 of 64 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast