Alabama Mystery Illness

This is where I live, one death in my county. I'm concerned, but trying not to be overly so. I had my flu shot, and I'm a handwashing germphobe too. We haven't heard anything other than what is in the article you linked.

I'm wondering about the new norovirus that seems to have originated in the Middle East (I think). I know there was a WHO alert that was put out for Europe and Asia, but I'm wondering if this is the same thing...and it's come here. (Which it would, given the travel patterns of folks).

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Best-
Herding Cats

HC right now they are only giving flu like symptoms, not noro symptoms for this. However, when. I had a bad case of the flu it was mis diadnosed as noro because those were the only symptoms i had. That was 7 years ago. So who knows at this point.

The article I read was kind of disturbing. The person mentioned "something" in the chest xrays and prays that the CDC has some results soon. My husband says maybe something was spread to various areas through food delivery at stores, but no connections have been seen yet in these patients.

Here's an update that says the deaths might not be linked.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/alabama-mystery-illness-coincidence/story?id=19236893

The patients' ages range from their mid-20s to their late 80s, Dr. Mary McIntyre, who is leading the investigation, told ABCNews.com in an email. Location aside, McIntyre said the patients had no commonalities other than that the "majority" of them had "co-morbidities like smoking, COPD, morbid obesity."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back