683 users online (85 members and 598 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Australia - Prabhdeep Srawn, 25, Canadian, Snowy Mtns, NSW, 13 May 2013

Search for Ontario man missing in Australia enters 3rd day
    Prabhdeep Srawn, of Brampton, is a Canadian Forces reservist with survival training

CBC News - Last Updated: May 22, 2013 7:00 PM ET
    The search for a Canadian man missing in Australia's Snowy Mountains for more than a week went into a third day on Wednesday.

Prabhdeep Srawn, 25, of Brampton, Ont., hasn't been heard from since parking his rental car on May 13 in the village of Charlotte Pass in Kosciuszko National Park.

The car was found on May 13 on the slopes of Mount Kosciuszko, and police believe he got lost in the freezing conditions.
    read more: http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2...-canadian.html
    My posts are merely my humble opinion. Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy nor use any post made by me for anything.
    ★ Thank you ★

not good, it is freezing up there at this time of year and the nights are into the minus temps. Its good that he has survival training.

here's the current weather and forecasts

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/nsw/sn...harlottes-pass
    “It is not what a lawyer tells me I may do; but what humanity, reason, and justice tell me I ought to do.”
    ― Edmund Burke

New clues about location of Ontario hiker missing in Australia

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews...24-090424.html
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

Family of Canadian missing in Australia holds out hope, turns to social media

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/family-o...edia-1.1298071

The Associated Press
    Published Monday, May 27, 2013 6:27AM EDT

CANBERRA, Australia -- The search continues in Australia for a missing Canadian, while his family wages a social media campaign to increase the number of searchers.

Family wants more searchers in Australia
    During a media conference call with the minister this afternoon, Singh-Sahota urged Minister Diane Ablonczy to convince Australian authorities to put more resources into the search.
    “We have been assured by the Australians that they are making every effort (to find him),” Ablonczy said. “We have to respect the effort they are making.”

The minister assured Singh-Sahota that she would follow up on this afternoon’s conversation and would pass on her concerns.

Singh-Sahota said the family has been told there are other resources that could be called in, if the police in Australia asked.

She accepted Ablonczy’s explanation that the army cannot be called out for a civilian incident without a vote in parliament declaring a state of emergency. She said the process in Australia is very strict, and democratic.
    more: http://www.bramptonguardian.com/news...-in-australia/
    My posts are merely my humble opinion. Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy nor use any post made by me for anything.
    ★ Thank you ★

FACEBOOK PAGE:

Help, Find Prabh Srawn - Missing Bushwalker

https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindPrabhSrawn
    ★ Thank you ★

Missing bushwalker Prabhdeep Srawn's family - find him and we'll pay

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1226652553497
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2.../20853991.html

""There comes a time when a decision has to be made over how long you keep searching. Following consultation with medical experts, examination of the conditions and weather forecasts we have decided to scale back the search," Supt. Shane Box said in a statement.

A scaled-back search will continue for two more days, he said "

Im alarmed that the search has been scaled back.
    SMH report Tuesday 28th May 2013:
    Search for missing bushwalker scaled down

Family members of missing Canadian bushwalker Prabhdeep Srawn said they are ''devastated and confused'' by a NSW Police decision to scale down the search.
    On Tuesday, NSW Police Superintendent Shane Box said authorities had told the family of the ''tough decision'' to run a scaled-down search for two more days.
    Mr Srawn was last seen in the Kosciuszko National Park on May 13 and a search for the 25-year-old began on May 20.
    The search should continue (IMHO), There is always hope!

The Blue Mountains at this time of year are absolutely treacherous for the searchers as well, there are so many places he could be, in there its dense vegetation as well, So many places to fall as well, there are other cases over here of bush walkers being found after search is called off though.

Hoping he's safe
    SA Hospital Liason Officer @ Yasminah's Gift of Hope

Supporting Parents of Premature Birth & Sleeping Angels

www.ygoh.org.au

It looks as if they have decided to call the search off tomorrow
    Police are discouraging people pairs to look for him as they are concerned for their safety They predict the weather will turn bad in the next few days.

I am really hoping they find him in the next 24 hours!!
    His family must be in a terrible state knowing that the search is being called off.
    Pray they find him - or extend the search.

News.com.au article
    REFUSING to give up hope, the determined family of missing bushwalker Prabhdeep Srawn have posted a $20,000 reward for his rescue despite police yesterday making the heart-wrenching decision to call off the search tomorrow.
    Are there details of what he took with him on his walk? Was he carrying a GPS or a topography map?

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee30 View Post
    The Blue Mountains at this time of year are absolutely treacherous for the searchers as well, there are so many places he could be, in there its dense vegetation as well, So many places to fall as well, there are other cases over here of bush walkers being found after search is called off though.

Hoping he's safe

FYI, the blue mountains are about 8hrs away from the snowy mountains which is where he has gone missing. Mt kosiosko is also relatively flat and open compared to the gullys and dangerous cliffs in the blue mountains... But that said, it would be absolutely freezing out there...

My hopes are also with him :-(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some members of the family of Prabhdeep Srawn has traveled to Australia and are offering a reward for anyone finding him.
    On the Facebook page there has been a very positive response from the FB community of family & friends with letters being written to politicians and government in both Canada and Australia to bring awareness to the situation and encourage the Australian Police to extend the search. The family have been on radio and getting the word out any way they can too.

https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindPrabhSrawn

Bob Rae speaking in the Canadian Parliament about missing Prabhdeep Srawn

MPP Jagmeet Singh's statement in Parliament

One very encouraging message on the social media said:

We've also been able to confirm that Prabhdeep has delivered training to new recruits on how to manage extreme cold weather conditions of -30 degree weather and how to handle wind gusts of 77kms per hour. We know Prabhdeep is alive and managing the weather conditions in the snowy mountains, he is waiting for us to find him, it is just a matter of time.
    I think this guy is a survivor and a fighter. He could handle himself in this terrain, they just need to find him - he may be immobile and hurt.

Lets hope there is better news coming that the search will continue and they will be able to find him soon.
    Last edited by KateB; 04-08-2015 at 12:38 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Deezee View Post
    FYI, the blue mountains are about 8hrs away from the snowy mountains which is where he has gone missing. Mt kosiosko is also relatively flat and open compared to the gullys and dangerous cliffs in the blue mountains... But that said, it would be absolutely freezing out there...

My hopes are also with him :-(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Oops my bad... I thought I'd read blue mountains!! Either way being lost in kosiosko isn't good either, hoping his survival training is keeping him safe
    SA Hospital Liason Officer @ Yasminah's Gift of Hope

Supporting Parents of Premature Birth & Sleeping Angels

www.ygoh.org.au

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast