Bridge collapses in Washington state leaving cars filled with passengers in the river

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
A bridge over the Skagit River in Washington State collapsed on Thursday evening leaving cars and passengers in the water.
Highway patrol officials confirmed that one portion of the I-5 that crosses over the river did fall into the water.
At least two cars with passengers inside were in the Skagit River, and there is no confirmation about the number of passengers involved.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rs-filled-passengers-river.html#ixzz2UAwmhuMV
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Praying for no fatalities! How absolutely frightening!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

That is the one nightmare I repeatedly have.
Praying for everyone.

They've seen people sitting on top of some of the cars. They have a hover craft in position

Live feed. My sound is screwed up, so I have no idea what is being said.

http://www.kirotv.com/s/news/live-event/

They are just talking about the traffic, the ratings on the bridge... they are looking more into that.
The fire chief is trying to get to the scene...
They aren't live at the scene, but they do have someone on the phone.

Hover craft fighting strong current of river, looking for something.
Trailer in the water but no vehicle that was hauling the trailer.

Sounds like there might be a missing vehicle under the water.

1,000 - 2,000 people are at the scene.

Now they have the copter at the scene.

Some cars are still on the fallen bridge section, but the hovercraft appears to be looking to see if any cars were carried off the bridge by the current

Edit: Is this rust or is this that reddish paint you see on metal sometimes?

article-2330069-19F81B19000005DC-256_634x377.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rs-filled-passengers-river.html#ixzz2UAwmhuMV

State Trooper when he arrived saw 2 cars on bridge.
1 person on each car awake and alert, calm and not indicating any other passengers.

There was a gentleman with a rug or mat... praying and taking pictures. This is apparently suspicious.

They are trying to turn this into an intentional act.

Live feed, reporter just saying a man saw a "young Caucasian man" who had a "mat" and it "looked like he was praying" and then was taking pictures...

That orange one in the water has his emergency flashers on. That's great. :giggle:

State Trooper when he arrived saw 2 cars on bridge.
1 person on each car awake and alert, calm and not indicating any other passengers.

There was a gentleman with a rug or mat... praying and taking pictures. This is apparently suspicious.

They are trying to turn this into an intentional act.

Really? Can't wait to hear the final cause.

Last bridge inspection was November 2012.
Several witnesses saw them put a blanket over a person and take them away on a boat.
They are calling that a fatality! WTF? It was a blanket not a body bag! Maybe they were COLD!

3rd car upside down (I am not convinced that is a car, I think it might be the trailer.)
They are saying orange car, truck and overturned vehicle. I think the overturned one might be the trailer.

Sorry but that made me :floorlaugh:... Hazard lights are probably useless now. Lol

That's why I found it funny.
No offense to anyone but I am NOT impressed with this news station.
They are making A LOT of assumptions and reporting things they shouldn't be. :twocents:

Whatever that is, it has a spare tire on the back. So it's either an SUV or a trailer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back