Suspect #2: Mark Smich *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 22 May 2013 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
What do we know about Suspect #2? Discuss your answers here and remember to back them up with the appropriate links. Rumors will be removed. If you state a theory or opinion, be sure to specify it as such. JMO, IMO, MOO, and IMHO work well for this purpose.

Second accused in tim bosma murder case to plead not guilty
National Post
Adrian Humphreys and Alexandra Bosanac
13/05/23 | Last Updated: 13/05/24 1:25 AM ET

Mark Daniel Smich, 25, looked gaunt and agitated when brought into court in leg shackles Thursday morning, where he was formally accused of being the second man involved in the high-profile murder case of Tim Bosma.

He was twice convicted for drug possession, in 2005 and in 2006, twice for failure to comply with a court order, and a conviction for impaired driving in 2009. He has a pending court date after two men spray-painted graffiti on a highway overpass

I just looked up the term "FREEUP" which was associated with Mark Smich's description on that freaky music video.

Free up urban dictionary def: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=free up

So then I looked up jibtek:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=jibtek

Is he a meth head?

Great Sleuthing, Matou! This is a fantastic find! :clap:

I think there's gang ties here for sure. Not sure how DM fits into all of that. If he was on drugs, he had enough money to buy them without stealing.

I don't have much else to post as of right now. This thread has been going in circles and information is being repeated frequently. I'll be lurking though and I'll jump in if anything new comes up :)

I wonder what drugs he was arrested for previously?

I think there's gang ties here for sure. Not sure how DM fits into all of that. If he was on drugs, he had enough money to buy them without stealing.

I don't have much else to post as of right now. This thread has been going in circles and information is being repeated frequently. I'll be lurking though and I'll jump in if anything new comes up :)

I think we're going to find that the connection between these two started out as a "gaming" connection via live online video games. They both seemed to have a lot of free time to sit around and play. Once they got to know each other through that community, the drugs and whatever other "interests" (cars etc) they shared brought them together in real life.

And it appears that DM was very into this gaming from the information that he had multiple game boxes and TV's set up at the Maple Gate home and from a picture of the distillery condo that shows pretty much the same thing. It is interesting to me that within months of his father's death, he's converted the home they once shared, and that his father died in, to a "fun house" for his friends and he's completely dismantled the business that his grandfather worked hard to build and should have been his "legacy".

I thought I saw a video of a news item that indicated a neighbour of MS claimed they'd seen DM around there in the past year or so. So this doesn't seem to have been long time friendship. And a couple of suspicious things have happened in the past year or so, not to mention the murder of TB.

MOO

'There are more drug users in Canadian jails and prisons than there are in treatment programs'

http://www.parl.gc.ca/Content/SEN/C...rary/riley-e.htm#8. Correctional Institutions

Now, is that saying they are using drugs in prison, or were drug users when they went in?

The reason I'm asking is that some prisons don't have particulary good withdrawal programs for inmates. And many prisons are awash with illegal drugs. I don't know about Canada, or the exact holding conditions of MS and if illicit drugs would be available to him.

It would be interesting to know though, as someone in serious withdrawal would probably talk their head off after a couple of days, for the chance of some medication. Anyone know if users are automatically put on a program as soon as they enter the system in Canada?

I would hope to keep any contact to zero.
They should be tried separately like Rafferty and McClintic I would think.
But can the lawyers of each person have contact? I would think not so they dont collaborate a story? Does anyone know?

They have been ordered to have no contact with each other. That would include their lawyers I would think.

MOO

It may have not been gang ties, but gang culture and the emulation of it through lingo, yes, it appears so.

I believe it was done so they would both realize this is not a vacation, shared room, bunkbed situation.

It is to get one to talk without worries of being in the same prison as the one they rat on. Weather it be DM or MS.

I've worked in a detention center, and for what it's worth, I would guess the reason would be to keep them separate. I imagine they would have non contact orders and are both being held on a pc unit. Where I worked there was only one pc unit. I don't know about niagara or Hamilton Wentworth but if that is the case, it makes sense to house them in different institutions.

If jails were allowed to make an audio recording of inmates talking in cells, and it could be admissible in court, then I wish DM and MS could be put in the same cell and let them talk away :).

http://globalnews.ca/news/560553/tim-bosma-a-timeline-of-the-police-investigation/

Timeline of the Tim Bosma case.

May 5, 2013: Police say two men – believed to be the suspects in the Bosma disappearance test drive a truck in Toronto. The man whose truck was driven told police he found them suspicious.

May 6, 2013: Bosma, 32, leaves his Ancaster, Ont. home in his Dodge Ram 3500 truck at around 9:30 p.m. in the company of two men who responded to an ad Bosma placed online. Bosma’s truck is later spotted in Brantford (according to a tip police received during their investigation).

May 7, 2013: Hamilton Police Service release a statement declaring Bosma officially missing.

May 9, 2013: Bosma’s wife Sharlene gives a public press conference pleading for his return.

May 10, 2013: Police announce that they have located Bosma’s cellphone while searching an industrial area in Brantford, and release updated descriptions of the two suspects. Kijiji issues a statement regarding Tim Bosma’s disappearance.

May 11, 2013: Police arrest and charge Dellen Millard, 27, with forcible confinement and theft over $5,000 late Saturday morning.

May 12, 2013: Bosma’s mother makes a public plea for her son’s return. Bosma’s truck is found at the Kleinburg, Ont., home of Madeleine Millard, suspect Dellen Millard’s mother.

May 14, 2013: Hamilton police Chief Glenn De Caire says officers have discovered what they believe are Bosma’s remains. The remains appear to have been burned.
Hamilton Police Staff Sgt. Matt Kavanagh says Millard will be charged with first degree murder.

He also reveals that Bosma was targeted and likely died soon after his disappearance.

May 15, 2013: Millard is formally charged with first-degree murder. He was ordered detained until a bail hearing can be arranged, and will appear again by video remand on June 13.

May 16, 2013: Hamilton Police find an incinerator on a large plot of land in Ayr, Ontario owned by Dellen Millard.

Police say that Bosma’s remains were found in the Waterloo region but will not confirm at which location.

Investigations continue on the Waterloo properties – the Ayr farm and hangars at the Waterloo Airport – owned by Millard.

May 17, 2013: Police say they have received over 700 tips from the public in regards to the death of Tim Bosma.

May 21, 2013: Deepak Paradkar, the lawyer for Dellen Millard, says media reports based on alleged police leaks are turning public opinion against his client.

Various media outlets have claimed that Toronto police have reopened the investigation into Millard’s father’s apparent suicide.

There have also been reports that Toronto Police are investigating a connection between Millard and Laura Babcock – a Toronto woman who went missing in 2012.

May 22, 2013: Hundreds gather at a memorial service for Bosma.

Sharlene Bosma says her husband was a storyteller whose embellishments would grow with each tale, and a doting father to their two-year-old daughter.

Minutes after the memorial service for Bosma ends, Hamilton police confirm that they have arrested a second suspect. Mark Smich, 25, is scheduled to appear in court the next day to face a charge of first-degree murder.

Second suspect arrested in Bosma case (May 22)

May 23, 2013: Smich is formally charged with first-degree murder. The suspect’s lawyer says his client will plead not guilty.

Smich is remanded into custody until his next court appearance on June 13.

**All is Copied and Pasted from the MSM Quoted**

Just thought it might help to have a clear time-line.

Actually some people choose bitcoin because it is anonynmous. See: silk road (ebay of the deep web).

did everyone see this:

"On the websleuths forum, a user named "SweetAdeline," who lives in Etobicoke, posted at 4:26 a.m. Sunday saying she couldn't sleep thinking about the Bosma family.

She wrote that on her way home from Sarnia she pulled off the highway to a store and drove near the Bosmas' home "not on purpose because we had no idea he lived out that way …I can honestly say as soon as we pulled off the highway I had the weirdest feeling in my stomach. It was almost like I could feel the state of sorrow that the entire community feels.""

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2874045-bosma-mystery-propels-cyber-sleuthing-into-high-gear/

Check out Mark Smich you tube Killer Video. Sick F&@&. Type in His name and search.

Check out Mark Smich you tube Killer Video. Sick F&@&. Type in His name and search.

The link was already posted in an earlier thread as soon as he was named as the second suspect. we all agree it is quite disturbing.

I can't help but wonder if Suspect #1 and Suspect #2 fell into the same category as Leopold and Loeb, two wealthy young intelligent men who thought they were committing the "perfect murder."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopold_and_Loeb#Early_lives

"The ransom was not their primary motive; the young men's families provided them all the money that they needed. Both had admitted that they were driven by the thrill of the kill and the desire to commit the perfect crime."

I can't help but wonder if Suspect #1 and Suspect #2 fell into the same category as Leopold and Loeb, two wealthy young intelligent men who thought they were committing the "perfect murder."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopold_and_Loeb#Early_lives

"The ransom was not their primary motive; the young men's families provided them all the money that they needed. Both had admitted that they were driven by the thrill of the kill and the desire to commit the perfect crime."

I've seen the L&L idea pop up in this discussion many many times, and I suspect it's entirely possible. However, if they did just desire to pull off the perfect crime, they did a really lousy job of covering their tracks.

I have a feeling whoever was driving the Yukon that followed TB's truck will be the one to provide a lot of the answers LE and everyone else is wondering about. Hoping the announcement of that arrest is very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak