The Jury Speaks Thread

MandyLeigh

In Memory of my beautiful teacher Katherine Powell
Reaction score
If this is improper please delete immediately with my apologies.:blushing:

I wanted to allow people to step away for a while and not be afraid of missing when some of the most important people in this case speak, the Jury. Let's make them easy to find by placing them here?

So far:
Jurors who were let go have come out and spoken.
An alternate Juror spoke last night and one did as a Facebook verdict response to the public.
The Foreman gave an interview with Good Morning America this morning.

They are tricking out and it's only the day after. If you have links to what I listed above or others in the future please share.

Jodi has her own thread specifically for her interviews so I felt we should give the Jury one too. I hope this is OK to do. Maybe the mods feel this would be a post only, no discussion thread. ??

More interview links have been added.

Please feel free to add any observations, links or interviews!!
A thread about the jurors will be made in a few days and I'm hoping to post this in it.

I have only found clips of the interviews, not the whole interviews. If there are links to the full interviews please post them!!

Can I please ask that someone else keeps a copy of this, so that I don't have to pester the mods if a thread is closed while I'm sleeping again? :lol:

If you have anything else to add, please copy the post instead of quoting it so that we don't lose content.

Please only take information that has been freely given by the jurors and is available on MSM. Please do not sleuth or google private information about the jurors.

Juror No. 1 - Church Lady

She is a white female in her 60s and sits closest to the witness stand. She doesn't look at Arias often during her testimony. People in the gallery observed her yawning once during an emotional part of Arias' testimony.

This lady looks absolutely disgusted the whole time. I never once saw her look in the direction of JA. Not ONCE. She either stares straight forward or looks at JM.

Juror No. 2 - Trump

He is a white male in his 50s. He takes few notes and usually has his head cupped in his hands as he listens to testimony.

I called this guy "Comb Over" he had his head resting on his hand almost the whole time. He also never looks at JA. He seemed to be paying attention, but also seemed bored.

Sorry Juror 2, I know it's your real hair! His voice was strongest on those YES's w/ verdicts. I love him.

Juror No. 3 - Housewife
Was crying when mistrial was announced.

She is a white female in her 40s. She takes a lot of notes and often watches prosecutor Juan Martinez as he moves around the courtroom. She has been seen submitting questions.

Interesting different view today. I called her the "Angry Neighbor Lady" Lol. I wrote that she follows along, but has a constant "sour puss". I don't know if it's just "her look" or what, but she seemed to be frowning every time I looked at her.

She became my foreperson pick after CEO was bumped. Tons of notes, attentive. I didn't really see her as anger as much as very attentive.

Juror No. 4 - Grandpa

He is a white male in his 60s, and he takes few notes.

I also named this man Grandpa. He does have a sweet face and seems the "calm" type.

Juror No. 5 - tri color
Dismissed. Identified herself as 38 year old Meliha Omanovic.
[video=youtube;mheOIxrA3eo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mheOIxrA3eo[/video]

She is a married, white female in her 30s. She sits on the edge of her seat and is the most visible juror from the gallery because she has a “unique hair style.”

This is the only one I remembered Anita's name for because her hair stood out, Lol. She reminded me of my best friend. She probably gave more facial expressions than any of the others. She is very engaged and took a fair amount of notes.

Juror No. 6 - Nancy Reagan
Has identified herself as Diane Schwartz.
Was crying when mistrial was announced. Mouthed "I'm so sorry" to the Alexander family.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/...5jodi-arias-juror-six-speaks-about-trial.html

http://www.azcentral.com/video/2411704415001

http://www.azcentral.com/video/2411843381001

She is a white female in her 60s and is also seen taking many notes.

I called her Spikey Hair. Anita's description is better. She was the only one I saw look at Jodi when the jury first walked in. She took a lot of notes

Of all the jurors, I'd say she had the hardest time not showing emotions.

Juror No. 7 - Paul Rudd

He is a white male in his 30s, and he is married. He takes notes and often bites his nails.

He does look like Paul Rudd, but with shorter hair. He's a good looking young man.

I always thought he looked like Adam Levine. The trial did look to wear on him as he looked to me like he lost weight and was drawn toward the end.

Juror No. 8 - CEO
Dismissed. Identified himself as 52 year old Daniel Gibb.
http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nbc-news/51843800

He is a white male in his 50s and is married. He also takes notes and has been observed submitting questions.

I called this guy "The Dad". He looks nothing like my dad, Lol, but for whatever reason... I got a fatherly feel from him.

Juror No. 9 - Willie Nelson

He is a white male in his 60s. He wears denim on most days and sits at the end of the jury box. He sits close to the first row of the gallery where Alexander's family sits.

This guy looked PIZZED the whole time. He seemed to be staring towards the media lady or just into the corner. I only saw him look at JM or JA maybe once.

He has this long white ponytail but dresses kinda like a golfer. He often went in the front door alone or sat outside on a bench. He was a really hard read for me but rarely took notes.

Juror No. 10 - Barb
Alternate Juror. Identified herself as Carol Gosselink

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/05/28/jvm-arias-juror-speaks

She is a white female in her 40s. She is an occasional note taker and she often looks at the gallery during sidebars.

I called this lady "Plain Jane" She was very hard to see from where I was, but I could tell she was taking notes quite a bit.

Attentive, more and more toward the end looked out toward the family. Very serious. Looks professional.

Juror No. 11 - Poquito Mas
Dismissed

He is a Hispanic male in his late 20s to early 30s. He dresses casually and sometimes slouches so far down in his chair that he is hardly visible to the gallery. He does not appear to be taking notes.

I called him "Paco" He was hard to see too, but mostly because he was slouched down in his seat I thought he'd fall off Lol. At one point he was bent over instead of slouching, but still very hard to see.

Juror No. 12 - Neil

He is a white male in his 40s.

I called this guy "Jim" I wrote "very hard to read".

He concerned me at first, I don't know why. But toward the end I had great confidence in him. His face gets red when strong emotional things discussed.

Juror No. 13 - Wrestler
Identified himself as Kevin Spellman

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...an-marilou-allen-coogan-speak-out-about-trial

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/jodi-arias-jurors-notion-defense-plausible-19263611

(videos of Jurors 6, 13 and 16 speaking together)

He is a white male in his late 20s or early 30s. He appears to be the youngest member of the jury and takes very few notes. He smiled when Martinez asked Arias if she could predict the future.

I called this guy "The Jock" He reminded me a little of Oz on American Pie (Chris Klein).

He was extremely attentive in mitigation phase. So much so that I thought he could have been foreperson.

Juror No. 14 - CPA

He is a white male in his early 60s who often swivels in his chair. He does not appear to be taking notes.

I called this guy Sleepy. He swiveled in his chair a lot and fell asleep at least twice. He was also slouched down in his chair.

Juror No. 15 - headphones
Alternate Juror

He is a white male in his late 60s to early 70s. He wears an audio-enhancing headset provided by the court. He does takes notes.

I called him "Captain" He has a very intense gaze. It's hard to describe but he gives off a stubborn and no bs vibe. Maybe ex military or something?

Juror No. 16 - Maureen
Identified herself as 52 year old Marilou Allen-Coogan
Was crying after mistrial was announced.

http://www.kpho.com/story/22428063/arias-juror-no-16-says-she-feels-relieved-satisfied

She is a white female in her 40s and also takes lots of notes. She swiveled her chair toward Arias during her testimony.

I called her The Secretary. She took a lot of notes and had a "polished" look to her. She had her whole body turned facing Jodi. I barely saw her look at JM. She was the only one that really made me feel nervous at all.

I really want to hear from her. Seemed bonded w/ Ponytail. She asked questions, very attentive. Some said she looks like Jodi's mother. Kinda but not really. Same hair color/length. She always had navel intelligence toward the witnesses.

Juror No. 17 - Ponytail
Alternate Juror, identified herself as Tara Kelley
https://twitter.com/tarakelley320

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/05/29/arias-jurors-talk-voting-death

She is a married, white female in her 30s. She takes a lot of notes. She does not look at Arias during testimony. She tends to look straight ahead or down at her notes.

I called her frumpy lady. Not in a rude way... it's just the word that came to mind. Very plain. She took a lot of notes.

She wore different hairstyles often, long bangs, ponytail, down, up. Often in very high heels, jeans, sparkly tops. Of course now we love her. And I think she's super cute but have seen more pics of her by now.

Juror No. 18 - The Artist
Foreman. Has identified himself as 69 year old William (Bill) Zervakos
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/jodi-arias-trial-jury-foreman-interview-william-zervakos-19247835

Jodi Arias Trial FOREMAN Interviewed on GMA after Deadlock | William Zervakos & Jodi Arias Hung Jury - YouTube

He is a white male in his 70s and is married. He has a tattoo on his right arm. He rarely is seen taking notes. He sits the furthest away from the witness.

This guy also had a very intense gaze. He took some notes. He rubbed his face and tapped his fingers to his lips a lot. He wasn't the only one doing stuff like that.

His gait was what gave away his age. He walks like he has some pain but of course that's my job to assess things like that.

Mod Note:

Opening this thread....finally. Thanks for your patience. :)

The sole purpose is to discuss the juror interviews. Several of them have been very forthcoming and shed a lot of insight regarding what they were feeling, thinking, etc.. This can be a very interesting, informative discussion - it will be what you guys make it, okay?

*****Just because a juror's vote may conflict with one's own wishes, it does NOT mean anyone gets to post outlandish speculation about any juror reasoning. Instead of bashing, just accept that people are very different. Unique. They interpret things differently. It's life. All kinds make the world go round. It is what it is. Whether you agree with it or not, post respectively. These folks served their civic duty. *****

i guess a lot has been posted elsewhere about what the jurors have had to say.

I watched DD tonight, again with Diane. What she had to say was depressing. More and more it seems that the 4 who voted for life all thought she was abused. From what Diane said tonight it also seems to be the case that at least one of the 4 believes Travis sexually forced himself upon the killer.

I've been an advocate for this jury throughout, even after their non-verdict. I'd expected to hear that the livers believed she was mentally ill and should be spared, and that I could at least understand and respect.

But this? It makes no sense to me that any juror could believe the killer capable of premeditated 1st degree murder AND know she is a liar, yet also believe her wild lie that Travis was the sexual aggressor.

He wasn't, but even if he had been, what the heck dies that have to do with thinking she deserves to live?

Thank you to everyone who gave links and observations!

At this point I am just thankful and grateful that we got the premeditated GUILTY VERDICT.

Forgive me for a stupid question, but do we know which 4 jurors voted against death? Having watched the interview with the foreman (who comes across with a lot of integrity and care for his jury service) I am assuming he probably voted to spare her life?

(Been out of action on following the trial since the verdict, need to catch up!)

Forgive me for a stupid question, but do we know which 4 jurors voted against death? Having watched the interview with the foreman (who comes across with a lot of integrity and care for his jury service) I am assuming he probably voted to spare her life?

(Been out of action on following the trial since the verdict, need to catch up!)

We don't know who the 4 lifers are

We can guess the FP was one by his interviews

The other 3 have not spoken yet,that I know of

I have been waiting & watching to see the others do an interview

I think we would have heard from them by now
But I don't think they will after hearing how everyone was upset with them after the verdict was read

JMO

I’m beginning to wonder if the four who voted for life just found they could not vote for the DP after all and the abuse story was just the reason/excuse they hung their hats on.?.?.

i guess a lot has been posted elsewhere about what the jurors have had to say.

I watched DD tonight, again with Diane. What she had to say was depressing. More and more it seems that the 4 who voted for life all thought she was abused. From what Diane said tonight it also seems to be the case that at least one of the 4 believes Travis sexually forced himself upon the killer.

I've been an advocate for this jury throughout, even after their non-verdict. I'd expected to hear that the livers believed she was mentally ill and should be spared, and that I could at least understand and respect.

But this? It makes no sense to me that any juror could believe the killer capable of premeditated 1st degree murder AND know she is a liar, yet also believe her wild lie that Travis was the sexual aggressor.

He wasn't, but even if he had been, what the heck dies that have to do with thinking she deserves to live?

I agree - very depressing and makes no sense to me either. Here's a copy of last night's show for those who missed it.

--------------------

Juror No. 6 Diane Schwartz and alternate Juror No. 17 Tara Kelley have both made it clear that they neither believed Jodi Arias’ story, nor did they ever see her show any kind of remorse in the brutal murder of her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander. And they both agreed that she should have gotten the death penalty.

But on Monday (June 3, 2013) night, Schwartz and Kelley returned to Dr. Drew On Call. They viewed pieces of video pertaining to the Arias case that they had never seen before, including the interrogation tapes where Arias' father was being questioned. Watch their reactions in the video player below

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/06/0...rors-never-saw

Mods,
Thank you for this thread. I will certainly watch to see if there are any juror updates.
In my mind, I am not so sure if the other jurors are quiet out of fear or if they are writing a book and are staying silent until the book is published. Either way, I wish they could stand up and say what their thought process was.

As for the abuse excuse, I could not find someone guilty of first degree PREMEDITATED murder and then say I thought they were abused. Of course she was never abused. But if she was, I would have said she is guilty of second degree murder. So any juror using that excuse is not making sense to me. JMO.

I agree - very depressing and makes no sense to me either. Here's a copy of last night's show for those who missed it.

--------------------

Juror No. 6 Diane Schwartz and alternate Juror No. 17 Tara Kelley have both made it clear that they neither believed Jodi Arias’ story, nor did they ever see her show any kind of remorse in the brutal murder of her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander. And they both agreed that she should have gotten the death penalty.

But on Monday (June 3, 2013) night, Schwartz and Kelley returned to Dr. Drew On Call. They viewed pieces of video pertaining to the Arias case that they had never seen before, including the interrogation tapes where Arias' father was being questioned. Watch their reactions in the video player below

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/06/0...rors-never-saw
I served on a jury for a murder trial. Found the dependent guilty, but my biggest frustration was finding out all the information we did not hear during the trial. It sure would have helped our deliberations and made us feel a whole lot better about our decision when we walked out to give out verdict. These jurors must be so frustrated. Plus, the trashing of Travis. Some people will always think he was a pedophile.

I’m beginning to wonder if the four who voted for life just found they could not vote for the DP after all and the abuse story was just the reason/excuse they hung their hats on.?.?.

I have to say this would have been me had I sat on that jury. I probably wouldn't call it an excuse, but I am vehemently against the death penalty, and could never find it within myself to put somebody to death no matter their crime. I am also of the belief that living out your natural life behind bars is a tougher punishment than death. If I had to give a justification for my decision had I been sat on the Arias jury, it probably would have been that there was a mutual level of mental abuse, and I would have also taken into account some mitigating factors such as no prior criminal convictions.

If I was forced into slapping the death penalty on to a criminal it would be somebody like Frederick Baer. To me Jodi Arias' crime, although I can appreciate its awful cruelty, does not quite meet the threshold of someone like Baer (multiple victims, child victim, unknown victims - not saying it makes it any better to kill somebody that you know, but in TA and JA's case there had been a worsening of relations etc - and sexual assault prior to murder). I hope that makes sense!

Mods,
As for the abuse excuse, I could not find someone guilty of first degree PREMEDITATED murder and then say I thought they were abused. Of course she was never abused. But if she was, I would have said she is guilty of second degree murder. So any juror using that excuse is not making sense to me. JMO.

I respectfully disagree. I think MANY people that premeditate murders were abused in their lifetime. I just don't think it's a usable excuse.

I served on a jury for a murder trial. Found the dependent guilty, but my biggest frustration was finding out all the information we did not hear during the trial. It sure would have helped our deliberations and made us feel a whole lot better about our decision when we walked out to give out verdict. These jurors must be so frustrated. Plus, the trashing of Travis. Some people will always think he was a pedophile.

If I knew noting of the case I would never think Travis was a pedophile after hearing she slit his throat, shot him and stabbed him 29 times, once to the chest and nine of those stabs in his back. No way. No how. This was a planned execution from a psychopath.

I respectfully disagree. I think MANY people that premeditate murders were abused in their lifetime. I just don't think it's a usable excuse.

Thanks for saying we respectfully disagree. I was abused as a child. And anyone who says their excuse for murder was because they were abused in their lifetime is full of it. That is pure baloney! It is like saying you steal because as a child you were poor. No no. You steal because you are a thief. Rich people steal too. And a murderer has a murderous heart.

I have to say this would have been me had I sat on that jury. I probably wouldn't call it an excuse, but I am vehemently against the death penalty, and could never find it within myself to put somebody to death no matter their crime. I am also of the belief that living out your natural life behind bars is a tougher punishment than death. If I had to give a justification for my decision had I been sat on the Arias jury, it probably would have been that there was a mutual level of mental abuse, and I would have also taken into account some mitigating factors such as no prior criminal convictions.

If I was forced into slapping the death penalty on to a criminal it would be somebody like Frederick Baer. To me Jodi Arias' crime, although I can appreciate its awful cruelty, does not quite meet the threshold of someone like Baer (multiple victims, child victim, unknown victims - not saying it makes it any better to kill somebody that you know, but in TA and JA's case there had been a worsening of relations etc - and sexual assault prior to murder). I hope that makes sense!

Graceholl,
But during the jury survey, wouldn't you have been honest at that time and said you are against the DP? See. That is the difference. You and I would have never been chosen for the jury in the first place. But for someone to be DP qualified nd then say they are against it later tells me they lied in the first place. And the abuse made no sense.

I have to say this would have been me had I sat on that jury....there was a mutual level of mental abuse, .... To me Jodi Arias' crime, although I can appreciate its awful cruelty, does not quite meet the threshold....TA and JA's case there had been a worsening of relations etc - and sexual assault prior to murder). I hope that makes sense!

BIBM.

Wait. Are you saying TA sexually assaulted JA? Or JA assaulted TA?

BBM

Disclaimer: According to Jodi.

BBM

Well, here's the thing. This was supposedly a "death qualified" jury, the potential jurors being questioned before they were chosen because they ALL had to say they COULD vote to put someone to death. Any who stated they could not do it were automatically disqualified.

So those who are against it wouldn't have been on the jury to begin with. I'm sure there are instances of people against it and lying about it in hopes of getting on a jury with the idea of throwing a wrench in the works, but I'm also of the thought that when it gets right down to the nut-cuttin' (Texas term), some people find it impossible to hand down a death verdict, even if they previously had thought they could do it.

JMO :moo:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee
Back