1500 users online (378 members and 1122 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

GA - Danville - possible kidnapping/sexual assault/missing child? -GBI helps search

This appears to be a breaking story and the report is somewhat cryptic:

GBI helps search for possible human remains

By LIZ FABIAN — lfabian@macon.com
    Allegations from a hospitalized assault victim led Wilkinson County authorities to search for possible human remains and other evidence in Danville for much of the day Friday.

Sheriff Richard Chatman said he called in forensic experts from the GBI after the 25-year-old woman claimed she was tied up, held against her will, sexually assaulted and had a baby, but does not know what happened to the child.

“We’re not sure what we have,” said Chatman ...
    read more at: http://www.macon.com/2013/05/24/2491...opular#wgt=pop
    Last edited by Backwoods; 05-25-2013 at 03:21 AM. Reason: clarify topic

Interesting. Maybe a serial killer? Or I can't help but wonder... if maybe a domestic situation that went bad. The article is brief and vague but it makes my hinky meter go off.

The sheriff said he could not discuss the victim’s medical condition, but that she was malnourished when she arrived at the hospital by a personal vehicle weeks ago.

They have been continually interviewing her as she recovers.

From the above link:

Based on the woman’s condition, Janice Davis, who lived at the property that was searched, was charged with simple battery in the case and remains in jail, Chatman said.

Nearby neighbors were concerned about the crime scene van and dark sport utility vehicles parked on the property most of the day.

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2013/05/24/2491...#storylink=cpy

Quote Originally Posted by KaylynnCouture View Post
    From the above link:
    That is one of the worst written pieces I have ever read. It is so all over the place.

Crazy story from what I can decipher.
    * ** ........................ *

........Vultures................ L.U.S.T. spells Love

Runt of the litter...........Los Vigilantes...........

Quote Originally Posted by jellybeanz View Post
    That is one of the worst written pieces I have ever read. It is so all over the place.

Crazy story from what I can decipher.

I'm thinking The Telegraph/macon.com (the quoted link) got wind of this somehow and got what limited info they could and then ran with it. And it could end up to be ... just about anything!

I'm not seeing any new references to this online today, other than a few sites that are briefly quoting or referencing the story at the link I posted. We will have to just wait and see what, if anything, further develops, I guess.

Since the victim -- and it seems she likely is a victim, we just are not sure of exactly what, yet -- arrived at a hospital by personal vehicle "weeks ago", one thing that crossed my mind is that could put that event at around the same time the three long-term kidnap victims in Cleveland were discovered. The cryptic description of what the sheriff says the victim says happened to her sounds a little similar to those women's stories -- making me wonder if there might be some element of exaggeration or confusion (I'm thinking probably not pure "hoax) involved; possibly the victim could be somewhat delusional... .

Then again, what happened in Cleveland could have encouraged someone to come to the aid of a person they knew/suspected to be in a similar situation...or the woman herself could have indeed been in a similar situation, heard the news stories and been inspired to make a try at an escape. That latter scenario could possibly explain the simple battery charge -- a scuffle as she made a break...?

Really worries me about the baby ... very unclear what might have happened.
    Last edited by Backwoods; 05-25-2013 at 04:54 PM. Reason: add thought; paragraphing

What, did all of the reporters in Georgia decide to take the weekend off toghether, or do they think they've done all they can if they just print what the press release feeds them?

Someone must have something to say about the woman who was charged with battery at the address on third street in Danville where this victim was held. Neighbors, co workers, the mailman? Article says her name is Janice Davis...might as well be Jane Doe. I can't find anything on her.

Quote Originally Posted by TGIRecovered View Post
    What, did all of the reporters in Georgia decide to take the weekend off toghether, or do they think they've done all they can if they just print what the press release feeds them?

Someone must have something to say about the woman who was charged with battery at the address on third street in Danville where this victim was held. Neighbors, co workers, the mailman? Article says her name is Janice Davis...might as well be Jane Doe. I can't find anything on her.
    bbm: I found a clue that she might have once lived in Colorado, but not sure, and that's about it.

Tiny Town in Georgia

Just thought you all might like to know the size of the location where this victim was held. Population was 373 in 2000 and given my understanding of what I would consider a TINY "South Georgia" town rather than a Middle Ga or North Ga town, Danville is most likely still about the same size in 2013. There is very little growth in these small South Ga towns. This town is also located very close to missing teacher, Tara Grinstead's home town of Hawkinsville. I know this area pretty well. Lot's of crime and corruption in these small towns in South Georgia that unfortunately often goes unchecked. I had two uncles murdered in a small South Ga town very close to here, one uncle was killed in the late 50's and one in the 1970's. Neither case was ever prosecuted and everyone in the town and remotely connected to them, knew who killed both men and why. Sad fact, but true. As for the poorly written article about this crime, I'm surprised it even got written and published. All too often, crimes in these little towns just get swept under the rug and vanish forever.

Danville is a town in Twiggs and Wilkinson counties in the U.S. state of Georgia. The population was 373 at the 2000 census.
    The Twiggs County portion of Danville is part of the Macon [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macon_metropolitan_area"]Macon, Georgia metropolitan area - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame].

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danville,_Georgia
    "Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance."~ Plato
    ~The above reflects only my opinion...