1104 users online (249 members and 855 guests)  

Websleuths News

MI - Riverton Township, Adult Skull Fragment found, May'13

Originally, the anthropologist looked at photos of the bones and said they likely were a fragment of a human skull, probably larger than what would have been a child’s skull.

Then the anthropologist gave it a detailed examination and testing on Wednesday, and identified just one piece of bone as coming from a human. It was the skull fragment, and no other pieces of bone were human. The anthropologist also determined that the bones were definitely from an adult.
    Read more: http://fox17online.com/2013/05/23/an...#ixzz2UKL4gT8L

Thanks for starting the post Carl; I'll be back with more info

Interesting how little information they're giving out. Nothing has been posted about who found them & how. From what I'm finding elsewhere; it's an area where there are a lot of migrant workers.

The mystery of the found bone fragment - The Mason County Sheriff’s Office announced today that only the fragment, one of 12 bones found on Morton Road near Chauvez Road, is human. The fragment was delivered to Michigan State by a detective Wednesday. It's reported that no tissue was left on the fragment.

So who does it belong to? Is it even from a missing person?

Michigan has 249 missing in NamUs; 128 women, 121 men; 52 children

The article says there are 14 missing within a hundred mile radius. 1 is too young

Aundria Bowman was not included in the list & should be because she's within 100 miles.

Human skull fragment among bones found in Riverton - Cole said he is unaware of any open missing persons cases in Mason County, or the immediate area - Cole said the bones and the skull fragment appear too old to be that of any recent disappearances.

Bone found is adult human skull fragment - RIVERTON TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) - Authorities say a bone found last week in West Michigan has been confirmed to be part of an adult human skull.
    Last edited by KateB; 04-07-2015 at 04:02 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

These two people come to mind

Has me wondering if it could be Paige Marie Renkowski or Christopher Alan Temple, both missing from in that general vicinity.

Or, maybe even Rhonda Beers.

I think somebody may be mistaken in the above post. I believe there ARE open missing persons cases in that area.

Well within a 100 mile radius.

I could be wrong tho, wouldn't be the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by amazing-sea-monkey View Post
    I think somebody may be mistaken in the above post. I believe there ARE open missing persons cases in that area.

Well within a 100 mile radius.

I could be wrong tho, wouldn't be the first time.
    I took that from the article I linked to. I'm following Aundria Bowman; I know she's within a 100 mile radius.

If you're familiar with Michigan cases; maybe map it & add the missing that way? What I've read; it may not even be a missing person it's an area where there are a lot of migrant workers.

Map Morton Road near Chauvez Road

My additions -
    Aundria Bowman Missing from Holland/Hamilton MI was not included in the list & should be because she's within 100 miles.

Kathy Sue Wilcox, 15, Otsego, 12 July 1972 Missing from: Otsego, Mich.

Quote Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
    The mystery of the found bone fragment - The Mason County Sheriff’s Office announced today that only the fragment, one of 12 bones found on Morton Road near Chauvez Road, is human. The fragment was delivered to Michigan State by a detective Wednesday. It's reported that no tissue was left on the fragment.

So who does it belong to? Is it even from a missing person?

Michigan has 249 missing in NamUs; 128 women, 121 men; 52 children

The article says there are 14 missing within a hundred mile radius. 1 is too young
    The mystery of the found bone fragment Lists these people missing within a 100 mile radius, including Phillips, there are 14 people listed on the database. They include (age listed is when disappeared):

- Jessica L. Heeringa, white female, 25, who disappeared on April 26, 2013 from a Norton Shores gas station.

- Latrice R. Maze, black female, 26, March 19, 2013 from Grand Rapids.

- Frederic D. Byrne, white male, 49, disappeared on Feb. 12, 2013 from Holland.

- Martha Lemus, race not listed, 15, March 30, 2012, Grand Rapids.

- DeNeka D. Walker, black female, 30, Aug. 13, 2010 from Muskegon.

- Jacob Cabinaw, Native American, 31, March 31, 2010 from Traverse City.

- Janee N. Ashley, black female, 15, Jan. 16, 2004, Grand Rapids

- Kevin E. Russell, black male, 39, May 5, 1997, Grand Rapids

- Shannon Verhage, white female, 1, June 3, 1997 from Cedar Springs.

- Jahzeel Coolazo-Rios, white female, 19, Oct. 4, 1999, Grand Rapids

- Fonda Lockridge, black female, 26, June 15, 1995, Grand Rapids

- Robert J. Allen, white male, 53, May 1, 1995, Grand Rapids

- Gordon T. Page, Jr., white male, 28, May 26, 1991, Grand Rapids

- Dolores Nussbaumer, white female, 73, May 10, 1989, Grand Rapids

- Martha L. Hardin, black female, 35, July 1, 1985 from Muskegon Heights

- Kathleen Bennett, white female, 23, July 13, 1984, Grand Rapids

- Richard L. Atwood, white male, 25, Aug. 23, 1983, White Cloud

- Dean M. Pyle Peters, white female, Feb. 5, 1981, Grand Rapids
    Last edited by KateB; 04-07-2015 at 04:02 AM. Reason: repair url tag.