960 users online (158 members and 802 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

CO - Luke Turner, 3, Longmont, 25 May 2013

Local family searching for toddler believed to have been taken by father in Colorado

A local family is asking for the public's help in finding a 2-year-old boy believed to have been taken by his father.

The toddler, Luke Turner, lives in Colorado. The child's mother, Brandy, is originally from Brooke County and his grandmother and extended family on his mother's side still live in the Ohio Valley.

(snip)

Authorities in Colorado said witnesses last saw Luke with his father, Monty Turner, camping just days before the Fourth of July holiday.

David Stiles, Luke's great uncle and Brandy's uncle, said, "The person that runs the campground where he left from said he left between midnight and 1 a.m. on Monday night. … The owner of the campsite said, 'I hope this boy doesn't show up on a milk carton.'"

Stiles said there is a lot of uncertainty about where Monty would have gone, and although the motive is not very clear, police believe Turner feared if his wife divorced him, he'd never see the boy again.

"Brandy was told by one other family member that when they questioned him as to why he was doing this, he said, because since we're separated, he knew Brandy was probably going to divorce him and move to West Virginia (and) he'd never see the boy again, so he was just going to take him."

Family member said it's possible Luke's disappearance could have been planned.

"He took certain papers and left certain papers and the papers he took were the boy's Social Security and birth certificate and so forth, so things don't sound right," Stiles said.

http://www.wtov9.com/news/news/local...e-been-/nPxCQ/

This was on my local station, but I couldn't find the story local to CO...has anyone from the Longmont area heard this story?

He is the nephew of a friend of mine. Prayers please.
    Last edited by Salem; 03-22-2013 at 05:14 PM.
    I'm sooo tired, I don't know what to do...

I do know that the mom, Brandy, needs help getting the word out.

Here's a link from a local source:

Longmont woman seeking help to find husband, son, 2
    Last edited by marlalouise; 07-20-2012 at 09:58 PM.

any news on Luke?He sure is a cutie!!

Nothing new that I know of. You can read updates on the Facebook page, but from what I've read, the family has been advised to keep things quiet. Not sure why. Not my place to ask.

Too cute! Pray that he comes home!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I meant to add that the link to the CNN iReport is an open letter to NG asking for her help. I'm not sure if that is the most effective way to reach her.

I went to Brooke High and used to know Luke's Grandmother. I now live in NE Wyoming, and would love a link to print out posters if possible. Does anyone know of one?

I am going to go back and try to find this same thing I posted into WS last night and delete or try to merge it. Thanks.
    JMO, MOO, Doing my best. I am not perfect and I don't expect you to be either.

maralalouise I wrote to Nancy too....please help Nancy!!!

Bumping you up, baby boy!!

this is nuts - where is the coverage on this sweet boy?

I think it's very weird that they would leave a campground between midnight and 1 am - especially when a little boy should be sleeping. I wonder if the campground was for trailers, tents, or cabins, and if they were close together or separated enough that no one would hear or see anything. That late at night most are asleep, but maybe some older teens/young adults, or even adults period for that matter, were awake and heard something.

Do we know if the father is driving his own car? If so, maybe that information should be out there so people could be on the lookout.

I can't believe I haven't heard this story yet! We need to get the word out!
    Just my opinion.

Be thankful for each day. Live in the moment.

Thank you!!!! It worries me that Luke was still breastfeeding and will be missing his mama! Bumping you up little guy!!!! Sit tight!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast