GUILTY CO - Luke Turner, 3, Longmont, 25 May 2013

marlalouise

Reaction score
Local family searching for toddler believed to have been taken by father in Colorado

A local family is asking for the public's help in finding a 2-year-old boy believed to have been taken by his father.

The toddler, Luke Turner, lives in Colorado. The child's mother, Brandy, is originally from Brooke County and his grandmother and extended family on his mother's side still live in the Ohio Valley.

(snip)

Authorities in Colorado said witnesses last saw Luke with his father, Monty Turner, camping just days before the Fourth of July holiday.

David Stiles, Luke's great uncle and Brandy's uncle, said, "The person that runs the campground where he left from said he left between midnight and 1 a.m. on Monday night. … The owner of the campsite said, 'I hope this boy doesn't show up on a milk carton.'"

Stiles said there is a lot of uncertainty about where Monty would have gone, and although the motive is not very clear, police believe Turner feared if his wife divorced him, he'd never see the boy again.

"Brandy was told by one other family member that when they questioned him as to why he was doing this, he said, because since we're separated, he knew Brandy was probably going to divorce him and move to West Virginia (and) he'd never see the boy again, so he was just going to take him."

Family member said it's possible Luke's disappearance could have been planned.

"He took certain papers and left certain papers and the papers he took were the boy's Social Security and birth certificate and so forth, so things don't sound right," Stiles said.

http://www.wtov9.com/news/news/local-family-searching-toddler-believed-have-been-/nPxCQ/

This was on my local station, but I couldn't find the story local to CO...has anyone from the Longmont area heard this story?

He is the nephew of a friend of mine. Prayers please.

Nothing new that I know of. You can read updates on the Facebook page, but from what I've read, the family has been advised to keep things quiet. Not sure why. Not my place to ask.

Too cute! Pray that he comes home!

Attachments

• NCMC1198123c1.jpg
    NCMC1198123c1.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 28
I meant to add that the link to the CNN iReport is an open letter to NG asking for her help. I'm not sure if that is the most effective way to reach her. :please:

I went to Brooke High and used to know Luke's Grandmother. I now live in NE Wyoming, and would love a link to print out posters if possible. Does anyone know of one?

I am going to go back and try to find this same thing I posted into WS last night and delete or try to merge it. Thanks.

maralalouise I wrote to Nancy too....please help Nancy!!!

this is nuts - where is the coverage on this sweet boy?

I think it's very weird that they would leave a campground between midnight and 1 am - especially when a little boy should be sleeping. I wonder if the campground was for trailers, tents, or cabins, and if they were close together or separated enough that no one would hear or see anything. That late at night most are asleep, but maybe some older teens/young adults, or even adults period for that matter, were awake and heard something.

Do we know if the father is driving his own car? If so, maybe that information should be out there so people could be on the lookout.

Thank you!!!! It worries me that Luke was still breastfeeding and will be missing his mama! Bumping you up little guy!!!! Sit tight!

He is driving a champagne colored 1997 Ford pickup, pulling a camper that is tan w rust stripes. Colorado plates. There is a FB Find Luke Turner where more info is posted. Sorry if I am screwing up posting the FB info, but the mother is from the Ohio Valley where I grew up and I knew the grandmother in school.

A fellow Brookie here...you can print the NCME poster that is posted here:

Luke Turner - Missing

If I get some time tomorrow, I'll see what I can do about making a poster. I'm lucky to have Adobe CS6 on my work computer.

Missing- Colorado - since 7/3/12... Luke and father, Monty Turner. Drives champagne 97 Ford F350 truck w/old 5th wheel camper-tan and rust striped. Colorado Plate Number 828 UHS. Please contact National Center for Missing and Exploited Children 800-843-5678 case # NCMC1198123... Monty supposedly told his parents he took Luke camping. His last known location is in Teller County, Colorado near Divide or Cripple Creek. Any information is extremely helpful.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbisme
Back