1128 users online (183 members and 945 guests)  



Websleuths News


Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 212
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    hamilton ont. Canada
    Posts
    104

    Cell Phone, Location and Mapping the Route

    I don't know how local most of you are to bosma house , I live 10 mins away..

    940 pm they leave on test drive
    Tims house to Brantford where cell phone dumped roughly 15 mins
    Brantford to Cambridge farm - roughly 30 mins

    so 45 mins tims to farm ,, this is a short time line , im sure Mrs Bosma hadn't even considered calling cops yet .
    Now they say Tim dead by time reached farm , these guys wasted no time killing him if that's what happened. they must have blood evidence .

    Did they insinerate Tim right away ,, out of truck to the terminator , makes you wonder now don't it , so start of test drive to the terminator could be an hour and a bit , bet cops not even called yet , just sayin possibility here . but if killed in truck , get rid of body . funny to have incinerator and no animals to put in it .

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaky pi View Post
    I don't know how local most of you are to bosma house , I live 10 mins away..

    940 pm they leave on test drive
    Tims house to Brantford where cell phone dumped roughly 15 mins
    Brantford to Cambridge farm - roughly 30 mins

    so 45 mins tims to farm ,, this is a short time line , im sure Mrs Bosma hadn't even considered calling cops yet .
    Now they say Tim dead by time reached farm , these guys wasted no time killing him if that's what happened. they must have blood evidence .

    Did they insinerate Tim right away ,, out of truck to the terminator , makes you wonder now don't it , so start of test drive to the terminator could be an hour and a bit , bet cops not even called yet , just sayin possibility here . but if killed in truck , get rid of body . funny to have incinerator and no animals to put in it .
    Please provide a link to "who" says Tim was dead by the time they reached the farm. I haven't heard that at all.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaky pi View Post
    I don't know how local most of you are to bosma house , I live 10 mins away..

    940 pm they leave on test drive
    Tims house to Brantford where cell phone dumped roughly 15 mins
    Brantford to Cambridge farm - roughly 30 mins

    so 45 mins tims to farm ,, this is a short time line , im sure Mrs Bosma hadn't even considered calling cops yet .
    Now they say Tim dead by time reached farm , these guys wasted no time killing him if that's what happened. they must have blood evidence .

    Did they insinerate Tim right away ,, out of truck to the terminator , makes you wonder now don't it , so start of test drive to the terminator could be an hour and a bit , bet cops not even called yet , just sayin possibility here . but if killed in truck , get rid of body . funny to have incinerator and no animals to put in it .
    One important detail to remember, LE stated his phone was turned off within 1 mile of his home! Battery gone dead? OR they didn't waste time and took action against Tim shortly after they left.

    They had this planned, no doubt about it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by groovegoon View Post
    One important detail to remember, LE stated his phone was turned off within 1 mile of his home! Battery gone dead? OR they didn't waste time and took action against Tim shortly after they left.

    They had this planned, no doubt about it.
    The phone may have turned off within 1 mile (1.7km) of his home, however this does not directly translate to an amount of time. They could have driven around for a while and then returned to a location within a mile of the house when the phone was shut down, right? Correct me if I'm missing a detail here.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernesto View Post
    The phone may have turned off within 1 mile (1.7km) of his home, however this does not directly translate to an amount of time. They could have driven around for a while and then returned to a location within a mile of the house when the phone was shut down, right? Correct me if I'm missing a detail here.
    The missing detail would be the cell tower logs. If TB's phone hung around in the area and then later returned to within a mile then the logs would reflect that and LE would still be combing the area in and around TB's home. They would also have a rough triangulation of where the phone was in that time.

    It's interesting that the two pieces of info from Brantford (spotting of the truck at ~22:10 and the phone recovery) were the lynchpins in this investigation (IMO). How often does someone report a found phone to police? Even then, it's the report of the truck that made LE pay attention to that area and then the phone was recovered which is a lucky break. AFAIK no description of TB's cell phone (make/model/IMEI) was given to MSM. Someone happening on a phone is more likely to try and charge/power it and find out the identity of the owner. Even a batteryless phone can be run on a USB charger.(note, LE has not told us the state of the phone when it was found).

    One other possibility -- and it's a remote one, given the coincidence of the burner phone going off the grid at the same time -- is that TB's phone was critically low in juice and went dead on it's own just as they were leaving the area.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    721
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Ocelot View Post
    The missing detail would be the cell tower logs. If TB's phone hung around in the area and then later returned to within a mile then the logs would reflect that and LE would still be combing the area in and around TB's home. They would also have a rough triangulation of where the phone was in that time.

    It's interesting that the two pieces of info from Brantford (spotting of the truck at ~22:10 and the phone recovery) were the lynchpins in this investigation (IMO). How often does someone report a found phone to police? Even then, it's the report of the truck that made LE pay attention to that area and then the phone was recovered which is a lucky break. AFAIK no description of TB's cell phone (make/model/IMEI) was given to MSM. Someone happening on a phone is more likely to try and charge/power it and find out the identity of the owner. Even a batteryless phone can be run on a USB charger.(note, LE has not told us the state of the phone when it was found).

    One other possibility -- and it's a remote one, given the coincidence of the burner phone going off the grid at the same time -- is that TB's phone was critically low in juice and went dead on it's own just as they were leaving the area.
    have we ever been told how the phone was found? was it found because of the searches that were conducted by LE as to where the truck was last seen in Brantford, tower pings etc? I dont recall someone turning in the phone or calling LE about the phone..I was under the presumption that it was found during all the searches LE did combing different areas? any links on references to how the phone was found?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    721
    On Friday, police found Bosma’s cellphone and tracked the phone they believe Millard used to contact him in Brantford. They believe Bosma’s truck, a black Dodge Ram with the Ontario licence plate number 726 7ZW, was in downtown Brantford around 10:10 p.m. last Monday.

    http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/20...fe_return.html

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibson67 View Post
    On Friday, police found Bosma’s cellphone and tracked the phone they believe Millard used to contact him in Brantford. They believe Bosma’s truck, a black Dodge Ram with the Ontario licence plate number 726 7ZW, was in downtown Brantford around 10:10 p.m. last Monday.

    http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/20...fe_return.html
    Also from the Star:

    "On Thursday afternoon, police found Bosma’s cellphone in an industrial complex in west Brantford – the direction he was last believed to have been heading with the two men."

    They had a news conference Friday where they announced the find

    http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013...ns_return.html

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    45
    In relation to the cell phone being shut off "one mile from house" . . . it comes from . . .

    http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/20...ssing_man.html

    and

    http://metronews.ca/news/canada/6768...a-missing-man/

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by SnooperDuper View Post
    Also from the Star:

    "On Thursday afternoon, police found Bosma’s cellphone in an industrial complex in west Brantford – the direction he was last believed to have been heading with the two men."

    They had a news conference Friday where they announced the find

    http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013...ns_return.html
    There is a big difference between 'Downtown Brantford' and the industrial area near the Hampton Inn west of Brantford. There's likely something else that LE hasn't revealed which pointed them to where they found the phone. It would be like finding a needle in a haystack. That is a big area to search and would not have been covered even in four days. Perhaps some security footage showing the truck came to light that narrowed the search.

    It is also possible that someone other than LE found the phone and contacted police but chose to not get involved for reasons of safety. Hence the 'police found the phone' statements.
    ^--- The above is MOO and should not be quoted as fact unless revealed otherwise ---^


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Guernsey,Channel Islands
    Posts
    527

    Cell Phones

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SnooperDuper
    Also from the Star:

    "On Thursday afternoon, police found Bosma’s cellphone in an industrial complex in west Brantford – the direction he was last believed to have been heading with the two men."

    They had a news conference Friday where they announced the find

    http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013...ns_return.html
    I have just watched a recording of the press conference and Det Sgt Kavanaugh said
    "Late yesterday afternoon Mr Bosma's cell phone was recovered in an industrial area of West Brantford, last night police conducted a ground search of this area "
    He did NOT say that the police had been the ones who recovered the phone.
    This is an example of how facts get changed by the press, as they stated that the police had found the phone, when they did not say that.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    211
    Quote Originally Posted by roseofsharon View Post

    I believe that once TB realized what was going down, he threw his cell phone in the parking lot of the industrial area.
    You would think DM and MS would be smart enough to have physically destroyed the phone...

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,782
    Quote Originally Posted by THXGuru View Post
    You would think DM and MS would be smart enough to have physically destroyed the phone...
    They weren't as smart as they thought they were, otherwise, they would have taken T's phone away from him from the get go.

    imo

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    414
    Quote Originally Posted by roseofsharon View Post
    Again, just my .

    There is NO defense, absolutely none! They knew exactly what they were doing, don't care what diagnoses either one may have ... there is no excuse.

    A heinous crime, premeditated and carried out by two spoiled brat hoodlums.

    They were both in on it start to finish. DM was no dupe imo!

    I believe that once TB realized what was going down, he threw his cell phone in the parking lot of the industrial area.

    DM and MS thought that had pulled off the perfect crime and didn't expect LE to find T's phone.

    RIP Tim
    LE has said that TB was killed very close to his home and his phone was also shut down in close proximity to home. The location the phone was found was a ways from TB's home and it is understood that he would not have been alive at that time.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    211
    Quote Originally Posted by ArianeEmory View Post
    Random thought, but are there any theories (or maybe known facts) on how LE ever made the link with DM and his crew in the first place? Someone calling in a tip on the tattoo maybe?
    Nobody really knows just yet, but LE could trace all previous calls and there is absolutely no doubt that kijiji would have provided IP information of who visited the site for TBs dodge ad. That does not meAm DM was present on the site or called TBs phone. It is also possible that they just showed up at tbs house

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Kelsey Smith Act -- speedy cell phone location info helps LE save lives
    By MagicRose99 in forum General Information & Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-19-2016, 05:51 PM
  2. Cell Phone Found Under Mattress in Charles Manson's Cell
    By angelwngs in forum The Manson Family
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-11-2010, 07:18 PM

Tags for this Thread