1200 users online (253 members and 947 guests)  

Websleuths News

WA - Misty Thompson, 15, Woodland, 24 Aug 1993

Misty Dawn Thompson

Endangered Missing from Woodland, Washington since August 24, 1993

Age: 15 -- Height: 5'3" -- Weight: 110 lbs -- Hair Color: Brown -- Eye Color: Brown

Misty was last seen at her foster home in Woodland, Washington on August 19, 1993. She may have ran away with an older Hispanic male to Mexico. She called home a few days later on August 24, and hasn't been heard from since.

NamUs

NAMPN

Authorities continue search for vanished locals

[snip]

There is reason for families to continue hoping — for closure at least. When 15-year-old Misty Dawn Thompson ran away from a Woodland foster home in 1993, there were few leads for most of a decade.

But about a year ago, Cowlitz County sheriff’s deputy Robert Stumph re-ignited the investigation when he located a man who had long been suspected of playing a role in her disappearance, CCSO spokesman Charlie Rosenzweig said Thursday. Since then, police have worked with the man, as well as INTERPOL agents, and believe that they may be able to determine what became of Misty.

“Here’s a case that’s 15 years old. Fifteen or 20 years later, they’re still getting leads,” Rosenzweig said, attributing these recent breaks to his colleagues’ continuing “Good old-fashioned elbow grease, hard pursuit.”

More: http://tdn.com/news/local/authoritie...9bb2963f4.html

BUMPING. Missing for 20 years today.

Quote Originally Posted by StNotBeNamed View Post
    Authorities continue search for vanished locals

[snip]

There is reason for families to continue hoping — for closure at least. When 15-year-old Misty Dawn Thompson ran away from a Woodland foster home in 1993, there were few leads for most of a decade.

But about a year ago, Cowlitz County sheriff’s deputy Robert Stumph re-ignited the investigation when he located a man who had long been suspected of playing a role in her disappearance, CCSO spokesman Charlie Rosenzweig said Thursday. Since then, police have worked with the man, as well as INTERPOL agents, and believe that they may be able to determine what became of Misty.

“Here’s a case that’s 15 years old. Fifteen or 20 years later, they’re still getting leads,” Rosenzweig said, attributing these recent breaks to his colleagues’ continuing “Good old-fashioned elbow grease, hard pursuit.”

More: http://tdn.com/news/local/authoritie...9bb2963f4.html
    Why is this man that is the father of mistys son not in jail for kidnapping and human trafficking.
    I am her cousin from tx and would like some answers . I have been lied to by dhs and that whole group up there. She is missed everyday !! We didnt find out she was missing until they contacted her biological mother for DNA but yet her case worker had no problem sending her deceased grandmother and me photos and up dates that she was doing good and fixing to go to college . This is a joke that man impregnated her and kidnapped her and took her to mexico . As of now she has no voice so im her voice . the house she was staying at this man was molesting alot of girls in there and i have come to find out he was apart of a sex trafficking ring from washington to california. I want him arrested and held accountable

Quote Originally Posted by Josannaflach View Post
    Why is this man that is the father of mistys son not in jail for kidnapping and human trafficking.
    I am her cousin from tx and would like some answers . I have been lied to by dhs and that whole group up there. She is missed everyday !! We didnt find out she was missing until they contacted her biological mother for DNA but yet her case worker had no problem sending her deceased grandmother and me photos and up dates that she was doing good and fixing to go to college . This is a joke that man impregnated her and kidnapped her and took her to mexico . As of now she has no voice so im her voice . the house she was staying at this man was molesting alot of girls in there and i have come to find out he was apart of a sex trafficking ring from washington to california. I want him arrested and held accountable
    Welcome to the forum, Josannaflach. I am sorry it is under these cirumstances. Thank you for posting.

I am putting together a better time line on misty and will be posting it here in a few weeks