1457 users online (271 members and 1186 guests)  

Websleuths News

LA - Adolphia Sanchez, 15, New Orleans, 23 May 2013

NOPD needs your help locating a missing 7th ward teen

(May 24, 2013) – Police are asking the public’s assistance in locating 15-year-old Adolphia Sanchez, who was last seen Thursday morning May 23, 2013, around 6:30am, leaving her residence located in the 1800 block of North Miro Street, on her way to Lake Area High School in Lake Terrace.

According to Sanchez’s mother her daughter left their residence on her way to school. The mother has become increasingly concerned because Adolphia never returned home from school yesterday. This is the first time she’s ever gone missing and not been heard from.

Adolphia Sanchez is described as an African American female, 5’1” tall, weighing approximately 112 pounds.

She was last seen wearing a school uniform (white shirt, blue and red plaid skirt).
    A photograph of Adolphia Sanchez is attached to this release.

http://new.nola.gov/nopd/press-relea...g-a-missing-7/

http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/Poli...208802581.html

http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news/...z/-/index.html

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...th_ward_1.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bessie; 05-27-2013 at 05:04 AM.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

oh no! praying for this beautiful girl. i hope she just ran away for a few days with friends and will come home soon. but i'm not liking the fact that it's already been 4 days

come home adolphia!!
    "My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style."
    ~ Maya Angelou

What in the world is going on here? It sure seems like there is a pattern to all of these missing young ladies in NO. I sure hope the police aren't writing all of these cases off as runaways.

Of course it's my own opinion, the opinion rental shop was fresh out of borrowed opinions.

Did the school say if she made it ? Yes something is strange in NO... so many missing kids , not just girls either. Kinda creepy.

If you put her name in to a FB search, then go to public posts, there is a woman LNS that claims this is her daughter's sister.

Click on her name and she states on Friday she was found.

Hopefully that's valid info!

I sent an email to WWL-TV requesting they follow up on her missing status and included the information I had found.

Hopefully they will update and I will post any additional info I find or receive.

Home safe and sound would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldpizza View Post
    If you put her name in to a FB search, then go to public posts, there is a woman LNS that claims this is her daughter's sister.

Click on her name and she states on Friday she was found.

Hopefully that's valid info!
    Oh, good! I was 3/4 thinking she was okay because if not, she would continue to be mentioned as missing! On another really important note... HOW did I not know about that "public post" search feature??? Thanks! times 2!

Oh, I hope she has been found as the woman on FB claims.
    Mrs. A
    ^^^The above is MOO unless otherwise stated^^^

Just to update I haven't received a response to my e mail.

Hope Adolphia is indeed home and safe, but I just can't assume that until it's clarified in MSM .

Adolphia Sanchez

I have not been able to find any additional info on Adolphia Sanchez, missing or found. I read an article recently written by Nola journalist Megan Braden Perry about missing New Orleans girls who were found unharmed. I wrote to her and asked if she would do a story on young women missing in the New Orleans area since the beginning of the year in hopes of bringing attention to the wave of missing young women and she said she would. Nothing yet however. @coldpizza I was unable to find anything on Facebook in public posts - is the info u found still there? Can u give me more direction on how to find it?

Quote Originally Posted by SCHMAE View Post
    <modsnip>
    <modsnip> I have personally facebook messaged people to confirm that the posts I could see were an indicator that the person was safe. Since Facebook changed the way messages are received (if you are not on their friend list your message goes into other, which is basically a junk mailbox), they either don't see them or don't care. I do not like how the police release missing info but not safe. I think it is because they don't want to officially release "safe" until the person comes in and they visually see the person. The people who are missing and found go missing on their own accord, so see no reason to let anyone, including the police, know they are safe. I hate having people listing as missing that I know are not missing, <modsnip> How do other towns handle missing returns? that is a real question. I am very interested because there definitely has to be a better way!
    Last edited by bessie; 06-16-2013 at 01:19 AM. Reason: snipped extremely rude quoted post and reply