1444 users online (304 members and 1140 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bleuboy View Post
    I started reading about Gabriel 2 weeks ago and I have had to have so many breaks away from it that I was going to give up. The reason I didn't give up is you LabourDayRN. You have done Gabriel proud keeping this thread up. This morning I decided I'm going to see this through until the end, even though my husband says I'm going to make myself I'll with all the crying I've done. Gabriel didn't have a chance to take a break from his torture so the least I can do is be a witness to justice being served for him and understand what he has had to endure. Well done Labourdayrn for being Gabriel's advocate.
    Oh my. I've worked 13 hours two days in a row and just signed on to WS now. You brought tears to my eyes. Thank you so much for your kind words. His story broke my heart and I just NEED to see justice done. I'm glad we have a group of people here hoping, praying and waiting for justice. I have faith these two will be found guilty.

According to the Gabriel's Justice Facebook page, today is the day that jurors will be selected. I have no idea how we will get information on the trial. I don't know if it will be broadcast anywhere or is we have to wait for news reports. I think it will be the latter. Thank you again, I appreciate your words with all my heart.

I can't believe the trial is finally about to start!! Opening statements next Monday, Oct 16th!

Quote Originally Posted by LaborDayRN View Post
    I can't believe the trial is finally about to start!! Opening statements next Monday, Oct 16th!
    I can't wait for Justice to be served for Gabriel. I will be following his trial.xx
    You are very welcome and deserving of my kind words.xxx

Apparently the jury has been selected and 1 week from today we should be able to read about opening statements.

Oh I will be such a relief to have justice for poor Gabriel.

I'm here too - looking for JUSTICE for GABRIEL!!
    ~~Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain!~~
    ~~We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience!~~
    ~~Veni, Vidi, Velcro! I came, I saw, I stuck around!~~

Trial Begins in Torture Death of Gabriel Fernandez

A jury is set Monday to begin hearing the case against a Palmdale man who is charged, along with his girlfriend, with capital murder in the beating death of the woman's 8-year-old son.
    The seven-woman, five-man panel is due in a downtown Los Angeles courtroom for opening statements by attorneys in the trial of Isauro Aguirre, 37, who is charged in the May 22, 2013, death of Gabriel Fernandez. The murder count includes the special circumstance allegation of murder involving the infliction of torture.
    Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty against Aguirre and co-defendant Pearl Sinthia Fernandez, 34, who will be tried separately.

Source: http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...#ixzz4vh57KC3D
    Follow us: @NBCLA on Twitter | NBCLA on Facebook

This poor child....

Court photos show 8-year-old Palmdale boy's battered body
    http://abc7.com/court-photos-show-8-...-body/2539589/

LOS ANGELES (KABC) --
    Jurors gasped when prosecutors showed photos of an 8-year-old boy's battered body in court Monday during opening statements in the trial for a Palmdale man accused of killing the child.
    [.....]
    Isauro Aguirre, Gabriel's mother's boyfriend, is charged with capital murder in the case for his alleged role in the repeated abuse that led to Gabriel's death in Palmdale in May 2013.

The murder count includes the special circumstance allegation of murder involving the infliction of torture.

Aguirre, 37, who has pleaded not guilty, showed no emotion in court.
    [.....]
    Prosecutors say the little boy suffered a fractured skull, broken ribs and burns. They said the child was shot with a BB gun and also bound and forced to sleep in a cabinet while his brothers and sisters watched.
    [......]
    Gabriel's mother, 34-year-old Pearl Ferndandez, who is also charged with capital murder, will have a separate trial. Prosecutors are pursuing the death penalty for both Aguirre and Fernandez.

JUSTICE for GABRIEL

~~Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain!~~
    ~~We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience!~~
    ~~Veni, Vidi, Velcro! I came, I saw, I stuck around!~~

I wont' be surprised at all if both these xxxxx's are given the Death Penalty. If ever there was a case for it, this is one. IMO. Inhuman.

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

Defendant Tortured Gabriel Fernandez to Death Because He Thought Child Was Gay, Prosecutor Alleges

A man who is accused of torturing his girlfriend's 8-year-old son to death killed the child because he thought the boy was gay, a Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office prosecutor said during opening statements Monday.

Isauro Aguirre's defense attorney said his client admits to causing the injuries on Gabriel Fernandez's body, but that it only happened because Aguirre exploded in rage after Gabriel told his mom to leave her boyfriend.

Aguirre, 32, is charged with murder with a special circumstance of torture.

The prosecutor said that Aguirre made Gabriel dress up in girls' clothes and go to school. He added that Aguirre just didn't like Gabriel and thought the boy was gay, and that was his motivation for his treatment of the child.

http://ktla.com/2017/10/16/attorneys...-torture-case/

“Gabriel’s last vision was that man over there standing over Gabriel, beating him to death,” Hatami said.

Six-foot-2-inch Aguirre weighed 270 pounds at the time of the death, the prosecutor said, comparing his size to that of Gabriel, who was 59 pounds and 4 feet 1 inch tall.

“The evidence will show that the defendant is nothing more than a bully," Hatami said. "He was a security guard who intentionally tortured and abused a helpless and innocent little boy.”

http://ktla.com/2017/10/16/attorneys...-torture-case/

I am not sure if I can make it through this trial----but I feel I owe it to this poor, sweet boy.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Jurors gasped when prosecutors showed photos of an 8-year-old boy's battered body in court Monday during opening statements in the trial for a Palmdale man accused of killing the child.

Prosecutors said little Gabriel Fernandez was tortured and beaten up until his death.

Some family members sobbed or had to leave the room when the photos of Gabriel's body were shown.

http://abc7.com/court-photos-show-8-...-body/2539589/

His poor family. It's just heartbreaking!

They should sit some of the County DCFS workers at the defendants table, right alongside him. Some of them belong in too.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    They should sit some of the County DCFS workers at the defendants table, right alongside him. Some of them belong in too.
    I couldn't agree more. And I didn't realize that Gabriel missed school for three weeks before his death. We all know that in CA this absence would have been reported and being that the family already had an open case with DCFS's, I will never understand how they allowed it to get this far!

"In court papers filed last year, Deputy District Attorney Jonathan Hatami wrote that a first-grade teacher made a report to authorities about Fernandez allegedly hitting her son with the metal part of a belt, causing injury.

"This was essentially the beginning of the eight months of torture and abuse of Gabriel Fernandez by Pearl Fernandez and Isauro Aguirre in Palmdale," the prosecutor wrote, adding that the boy was "withheld from school by the defendants for the last three weeks before he was murdered."

Source: http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...#ixzz4vixEHvax
    Follow us: @NBCLA on Twitter | NBCLA on Facebook

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast