Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Police return to North Dumfries farm -- 28 May 2013

Quote Originally Posted by PURVEYOR27 View Post
    i wouldn't necessarily think that any of the suspects from the TB case would have knowledge of the possibility that DM could have buried LBs remains on his farm. its a whole separate case. I wouldn't think MS or suspect 3 in TB case would have anything to do with LB case. IMO I think DM is talking. I think DM knows the gig is up. it looks like the Toronto police executing the search on the property have pretty specific locations they are searching, something DM could have supplied them. all IMO.
    You could be right. IMO though DM would have nothing to gain by admitting to a second murder in order to lessen his charge in the TB murder. Two charges of murder (or more maybe) would not likely give him a lesser penalty in the long run then the single M1 he is already facing.

DM and his friends have been described on numerous occasions as "tight Knit". So again it could be very likely that DM told at least 1 of his inner circle about any prior misdoings. Also as he later seems to have found someone of like mind was apt to have shared with at least that person what he had done while discussing fantasy or maybe bragging even. JMO
    Last edited by TLC4645; 05-28-2013 at 06:27 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TLC4645 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Eldee View Post
    Quick question?? Where are the K-9's? Wouldn't they be able to find body parts fairly fast if they have the right area. Geesh, my shepherd can find a bone on my farm in about 30 seconds flat. Imagine if they used the trained dogs? Or, maybe they know exactly where to look and don't need the dogs.
    Question 2. While Hamilton and Waterloo were searching the property last week, it was brought to light that the LB case was reopened. Why then, did they leave the property after a two day search saying there are no more remains? Shouldn't they have searched the entire property for the full two weeks? just asking, not judging??
    Good questions! Did they bring dogs in during the initial search?

As for your second question, I assume it is a matter of utilizing resources the most efficiently. They did a two day search and than allocated the resources to other areas of the investigation. Searching the entire property for a full two weeks would take too many resources and if they didn't have something specific to look for, the risk is too great they would not find anything. Also, I assume that they need to have search warrants in order to do certain types of searches. The searches need to stay within what is specified in the search warrant.

It seems like they got some new information from somebody that prompted the search today.
    Last edited by ClaireNC; 05-28-2013 at 03:12 PM.
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ClaireNC For This Useful Post:

Toronto Police Const. Victor Kwong confirmed investigators arrived on the property Tuesday morning.

We believe that there’s evidence relating to the (Bosma) case,” he said.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/28...-millards-farm

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RiddimRyder For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ernesto View Post
    There is absolutely no logical reason for DM to provide any info about additional crimes related to the farm... there is no possible way it could help him get a "deal". It would only benefit someone who did not commit the crime in question.
    Maybe DM developed a conscience?

My feeling: DM is a punk little !@&% and hasn't/won't be talking.
    ~Kindly Note: The content of my posts represent my own opinion only ~

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mollymae For This Useful Post:

If nothing else DM gets his lawn maintenance for free...

Joke aside I hope LE will find what they are looking for.
    I don't think this has anything to do with his father's death as his body was found and cremated. If it was looking like suicide, they recovered said gun too. I can't really think of anything one should have disposed of after that case although, admittedly, I'm not a criminal.

11. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Orgona For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ClaireNC View Post
    Does anybody else find it kind of odd that the Twitter feeds and photo updates seem to have stopped or at least dramatically slowed in the last 1/2 hour. Could LE have put a gag order on the media? Stopped the photographers?
    It's probably because its now poring rain in this area

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mscree For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RiddimRyder View Post
    Toronto Police Const. Victor Kwong confirmed investigators arrived on the property Tuesday morning.

The media needs to figure out which answer is true!!

On Tuesday, Toronto police confirmed they executed the warrant in connection to their investigations — the death and missing person’s cases — and not in relation Bosma’s murder.
    http://m.thestar.com/?content=cd9d2f...b&section=news

15. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Avie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Avie View Post
    The media needs to figure out which answer is true!!

On Tuesday, Toronto police confirmed they executed the warrant in connection to their investigations — the death and missing person’s cases — and not in relation Bosma’s murder.
    http://m.thestar.com/?content=cd9d2f...b&section=news
    Correct me if I'm wrong-TB is a HPD matter and TO would have nothing to do with it. LB and WM are TPS and thats the only reason there there or perhaps for another TO crime. If HPS was there, then it may make sense, but from the looks of it, TO LE are there by themselves, executing their own warrants for their own cases.

17. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MsSherlock For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gimme sugar View Post
    Hamilton Police said that THEY didn't find anymore remains. I think this was a "read between the lines" statement. They don't have jurisdictions over WM or LB's remains/investigations, so maybe they found "something" and TP was told to get warrants etc. All IMO only.
    This is my thoughts as well. I agree with this theory. I wonder if HPS came across something in their search for the case of Tim Bosma and because the other 2 cases (WM and LB) are not in their jurisdictions TPS had to get their own warrants which would cause the delay. Now they have their warrants so the search continues.

It is also IMO that TPS would NOT notify LB's family until it was confirmed she was found on the farm. There's no reason to do that to the family if it's not her.
    ~ Unless it's a link from MSM, all comments are JMO ~

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to canadiangirl For This Useful Post:

National Post
    by Adrian Humphries
    13/05/28 | Last Updated: 13/05/28 3:13 PM ET

“Toronto police homicide officers are executing a search warrant there and it is in relation to our portion of the Bosma investigation,” said Const. Wendy Drummond, a spokeswoman for Toronto police.

“We are only saying it is in relation to our portion of the investigation,” she said when pressed for details on what killing or serious crime the search was related to.
    http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/05...suspects-farm/
    Last edited by bessie; 05-28-2013 at 04:07 PM.
    HANNAH GRAHAM TIP LINE (434) 295-3851
    EMAIL: CPDtips@charlottesville.org

Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"

21. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MsSherlock View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong-TB is a HPD matter and TO would have nothing to do with it. LB and WM are TPS and thats the only reason there there or perhaps for another TO crime. If HPS was there, then it may make sense, but from the looks of it, TO LE are there by themselves, executing their own warrants for their own cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by canadiangirl View Post
    This is my thoughts as well. I agree with this theory. I wonder if HPS came across something in their search for the case of Tim Bosma and because the other 2 cases (WM and LB) are not in their jurisdictions TPS had to get their own warrants which would cause the delay. Now they have their warrants so the search continues.

It is also IMO that TPS would NOT notify LB's family until it was confirmed she was found on the farm. There's no reason to do that to the family if it's not her.
    In a complicated situation like, both the TPS and HPS will share information of what they have.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to THXGuru For This Useful Post:

Maybe it's not even related to LB or Millard's father. Maybe they're looking for remains of suspect #3. It sounds crazy, but keep in mind the Hamilton police chief said he was confident there was "no danger to the public" - how could he be confident of that without suspect #3 in custody?

Just thinking out loud...
    Last edited by mollymae; 05-28-2013 at 03:51 PM. Reason: clarification
    ~Kindly Note: The content of my posts represent my own opinion only ~

25. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mollymae For This Useful Post:

You got one chance buddy. You are going down for 25 years no chance of parole. You either talk now, or that's it. I can bring it down to Man 1.. 15 years, talk to your lawyer you got 15 minutes to decide. Tell us what you know, now, if not, no deal.

Yikes, I watch way to much law and order.
    I don't there would be a deal here, if they have overwhelming evidence against DM, then they would not be willing to reduce and make a deal. LB is a secondary thing in this situation, they won't want to make a deal just to locate her.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to THXGuru For This Useful Post:

Police currently having discussion on Dellen Millard farm pic.twitter.com/uxrRlsqOq0

; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RiddimRyder View Post

Why is the word Bosma in quotes, though? That usually means the speaker didn't actually say the word, it was just implied, or interpreted to mean that (perhaps wrongly).
    “Evil begins when you begin to treat people as things.” -- Terry Pratchett

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ArianeEmory For This Useful Post:

Hope I'm not the only one suffering from confusion here.

Toronto Star reports "On Tuesday, Toronto police confirmed they executed the warrant in connection to their investigations — the death and missing person’s cases — and not in relation Bosma’s murder."
    Source: http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/20...ards_farm.html

JMO, but the complexities continue...guess we have to take TPS's official statement??

I think if MS was told by DM he had killed LB and he knew where the body was, then I think he would cut a deal, if they had overwhelming evidence that MS was just an accessory to the TB case. Just thinking aloud.

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Eldee For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ArianeEmory View Post
    Why is the word Bosma in quotes, though? That usually means the speaker didn't actually say the word, it was just implied, or interpreted to mean that (perhaps wrongly).
    That's was my impression too.

I think if MS was told by DM he had killed LB and he knew where the body was, then I think he would cut a deal, if they had overwhelming evidence that MS was just an accessory to the TB case. Just thinking aloud.
    But MS was not an accessory, he was charged with 1st degree.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker62 View Post
    That's was my impression too.
    MSM articles seem to be changing as I type. TPS LE have confirmed that the disappearance of LB is part of the TB investigation http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/05...suspects-farm/

Confirms it could be LB

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MsSherlock For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MsSherlock View Post
    Hope I'm not the only one suffering from confusion here.

Toronto Star reports "On Tuesday, Toronto police confirmed they executed the warrant in connection to their investigations — the death and missing person’s cases — and not in relation Bosma’s murder."
    Source: http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/20...ards_farm.html

JMO, but the complexities continue...guess we have to take TPS's official statement??
    A direct quote from a LE officer usually trumps everything else.
    National Post
    by Adrian Humphries
    13/05/28 | Last Updated: 13/05/28 3:13 PM ET

“Toronto police homicide officers are executing a search warrant there and it is in relation to our portion of the Bosma investigation,” said Const. Wendy Drummond, a spokeswoman for Toronto police.

“We are only saying it is in relation to our portion of the investigation,” she said when pressed for details on what killing or serious crime the search was related to.
    http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/05...suspects-farm/

40. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mollymae View Post
    Maybe it's not even related to LB or Millard's father. Maybe they're looking for remains of suspect #3. It sounds crazy, but keep in mind the Hamilton police chief said he was confident there was "no danger to the public" - how could he be confident of that without suspect #3 in custody?

Just thinking out loud...
    This was my first thought. Then I saw LE is cutting the weed which is really tall. It could not have grown that high in that short amount of time, so suspect #3 couldn't be under that. IMO

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orgona For This Useful Post:

Constable Wendy Drummond says police are executing search warrants at the family farm in relation to
    two specific cases invloving Toronto police.
    Drummond says those two cases are the death of Millard's father last December which was initially ruled a suicide, as well as the disappearance of a former gilfiend of Millard's, Laura Babcock.

http://www.900chml.com/Channels/Reg/...spx?ID=1971458

44. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RiddimRyder For This Useful Post:

While reading this thread, was reminded of the one linked below, started 6 Sept 2011 by Deeds.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...issing+females

46. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Woodland For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast