1014 users online (136 members and 878 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

PA - Police: Girl rode with dog in cage on Pa. turnpike

http://news.yahoo.com/police-girl-ro...122022828.html

MILLVALE, Pa. (AP) — Two parents face charges after authorities say motorists spied a 10-year-old girl riding in a dog cage in the back of a pickup truck in western Pennsylvania..........

Short article.....

The mother said the girl wanted to be with the dog in the cage...well, if she said she wanted to set herself on fire, would you let her?

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

Yeah, I saw this on Reddit... one of the peeps on there actually posted a pic they had snapped of the girl in the cage, stating that they had called law enforcement. I could see a child asking to ride back there with the dog, but that is where parental common sense should have kicked in and juniorette made to get in the cab and buckle up. One little swipe on the turnpike and this could have turned very, very disastrous for the child.

If the girl wasn't safe in the dog cage with the dog in the back of the truck, then the dog wasn't either. If I were a kid, I would want to ride with the dog too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    If the girl wasn't safe in the dog cage with the dog in the back of the truck, then the dog wasn't either. If I were a kid, I would want to ride with the dog too.
    A few things we often or sometimes allow dogs to do that we should NEVER allow children to do:

Stay all night alone in the yard.

Be led around by a leather collar or choke chain encircling their necks.

Chew and partially devour old shoes.

Eat garbage or poo.

Be inside a cage affixed to a moving vehicle.

We will allow our dogs to take risks that we never would allow our children to take.

Quote Originally Posted by Reader View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/police-girl-ro...122022828.html

MILLVALE, Pa. (AP) — Two parents face charges after authorities say motorists spied a 10-year-old girl riding in a dog cage in the back of a pickup truck in western Pennsylvania..........

Short article.....

The mother said the girl wanted to be with the dog in the cage...well, if she said she wanted to set herself on fire, would you let her?
    Almost as frustrating to me are the comments on that story! All the "Times have changed blah blah blah, it's a wonder any of us survived blah blah blah". Well, if you're riding in an unsecured cage on a highway then YES it is a wonder you survived.

I would ask the child if she actually did want to ride in a cage before believing it.
    Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    I would ask the child if she actually did want to ride in a cage before believing it.
    Does it matter? She's 10 and not only is it completely irresponsible parenting, it's illegal. Hopefully CPS takes a hard look at the family as I doubt this was the only 'bad decision' they've made parenting wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliste View Post
    Does it matter? She's 10 and not only is it completely irresponsible parenting, it's illegal. Hopefully CPS takes a hard look at the family as I doubt this was the only 'bad decision' they've made parenting wise.
    No, it doesn't. But some people seem to believe that claim. However, it came from the stepfather and not the child.
    Just my opinion

As a parent, I have no problem believing that a child wanted to ride with a dog in a cage in the back of a truck. Of course, as a parent, it's my job to make sure they don't.

I would never allow one of my dogs to ride in a cage in the back of a truck! They ride inside with me or stay at home in the house.