773 users online (109 members and 664 guests)  

Websleuths News

NJ - Woodbridge, Body on Raritan River shoreline, May'13 - Name not found

Hi, I'm new here. It was this case that got me to join:

Body found on shoreline of Raritan River in Woodbridge.

WOODBRIDGE – Authorities are trying to identify a person whose body was found on the shoreline of the Raritan River today.

The body was found near the Raritan Center industrial complex, the Middlesex County Prosecutor's Office and Woodbridge police said in a joint statement.
    There have been no follow ups that I can find. I emailed the reporter yesterday to ask if there had been further news that I had missed, but he replied that he'd heard nothing. He did say that he was going to look into it today.

I suspect, since they couldn't even specify a sex that the body was pretty decomposed, which led me to think of William Gu, who has been missing since March and whose vehicle was found abandoned in Somerset, NJ within walking distance of two bridges that span the Raritan River (Landing Lane and the Rt 1 bridge, which is a stretch, both bordering New Brunswick, the Rt 18 and Rt 27 bridges are between these two but difficult to jump). Strong currents or tides have been known to carry bodies away up or downstream, so it's feasible they could reach Woodbridge, particularly from the Rt 1 bridge. I contacted the moderator of the Missing Person - William Gu about the body and they were hopeful, saying they were going to contact the detective on their case to look into it.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 11-09-2013 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NouveauPink View Post
    Hi, I'm new here. It was this case that got me to join:

Body found on shoreline of Raritan River in Woodbridge.

There have been no follow ups that I can find. I emailed the reporter yesterday to ask if there had been further news that I had missed, but he replied that he'd heard nothing. He did say that he was going to look into it today.

I suspect, since they couldn't even specify a sex that the body was pretty decomposed, which led me to think of William Gu, who has been missing since March and whose vehicle was found abandoned in Somerset, NJ within walking distance of two bridges that span the Raritan River (Landing Lane and the Rt 1 bridge, which is a stretch, both bordering New Brunswick, the Rt 18 and Rt 27 bridges are between these two but difficult to jump). Strong currents or tides have been known to carry bodies away up or downstream, so it's feasible they could reach Woodbridge, particularly from the Rt 1 bridge. I contacted the moderator of the Missing Person - William Gu about the body and they were hopeful, saying they were going to contact the detective on their case to look into it.
    "All your life, all your love, all your hate, all your memory, all your pain, it was all the same thing. It was all the same dream—a dream that you had inside a locked room. A dream about being a person.” - True Detective

Help Save the Next Girl. http://helpsavethenextgirl.com

Help Find Shane Fell. Http://helpfindshanefell.com

Any updates on this ?
    Hi, english is not my first language so please bear with me

Quote Originally Posted by Theforeigner View Post
    Any updates on this ?
    Bump...anyone heard any news on this case?

Was the body female or male?
    Any identity?
    Any age?
    Any cause of death?
    Hi, english is not my first language so please bear with me

I found this article from a couple of days later: http://njtoday.net/2013/05/23/body-f...in-woodbridge/

Doesn't seem to have been added to Namus or the New Jersey State Police listing.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Not a peep in the local papers.
    Judgment is not about destruction, but about setting things right.

Middlesex County on NJ.com

https://www.facebook.com/middlesexco...70119813155228

Please see the (only) comment, May 29 at 4:21pm

Quote Originally Posted by summer_breeze View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/middlesexco...70119813155228

Please see the (only) comment, May 29 at 4:21pm
    Very sad. Glad the family has some closure.