SIDEBAR #8- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
All caught up and going through court withdrawal. I refuse to get sucked into Zimmerman so I think I might join a gym and try to lose the 15lbs I gained watching JA lol

Some like music videos, but I need Squirrel answers here.....We have squirrels all over the place in our neighborhood including nests in our trees - I was walking down the driveway to get the paper one day, and one of our little squirrels stopped right in front of me about 4 feet way and just stared at me. I said to self, so I am being held hostage by a squirrel ? Anyway - I also love my birds, especially the Cardinals that I love to feed. I have tried everything to keep the squirrels out of my bird feeders but it just is not possible. I tried Crisco on the pole for awhile - Squirrel jumps up the pole and slides on down - after they go rub their bellies in the dirt - the are persistent and finally make it to the feeder and tip it upside down and gobble up all the sunflower and safflower seed just when the Cardinals are getting used to their new feeding place. (I don't use Vaseline on the pole because that is harmful to the squirrel). What's the answer?

Some like music videos, but I need Squirrel answers here.....We have squirrels all over the place in our neighborhood including nests in our trees - I was walking down the driveway to get the paper one day, and one of our little squirrels stopped right in front of me about 4 feet way and just stared at me. I said to self, so I am being held hostage by a squirrel ? Anyway - I also love my birds, especially the Cardinals that I love to feed. I have tried everything to keep the squirrels out of my bird feeders but it just is not possible. I tried Crisco on the pole for awhile - Squirrel jumps up the pole and slides on down - after they go rub their bellies in the dirt - the are persistent and finally make it to the feeder and tip it upside down and gobble up all the sunflower and safflower seed just when the Cardinals are getting used to their new feeding place. (I don't use Vaseline on the pole because that is harmful to the squirrel). What's the answer?

Lol
I don't know if it will work with squirrels but cats and dogs are repelled from things by the smell of Vicks Vaporub.

It's been interesting listening to the jurors and alternates after the non-verdict verdict. Even though they didn't know everything we knew, most of them seem to be on the same page as most of us here. CMA is pure evil. Then, there were evidently some that believed the verbal abuse and mental abuse claims but they didn't fall for the physical abuse - goodbye broken finger in the popsicle sticks...

Lol
I don't know if it will work with squirrels but cats and dogs are repelled from things by the smell of Vicks Vaporub.

LOL - Oh, you do not know squirrels, do you? I lived in Texas for many years and Armadillos would dig up my flower beds - I tried Tabasco sauce sprinkled around my beds but that didn't work either.....

LOL - Oh, you do not know squirrels, do you? I lived in Texas for many years and Armadillos would dig up my flower beds - I tried Tabasco sauce sprinkled around my beds but that didn't work either.....

Try ground pepper.

Isn't it great NOT seeing or hearing from JA! YAY! Locked and quiet. For a while...

CALM.

Kind of like a "spa" atmosphere.

Like STFU.

moo

Depending on your pole you can put a baffle on it... I get my bird supplies from wild birds unlimited... There is a different chain I went to in mn that sold bulk food by the weight, which would be awesome for finches because they are so finicky about stale food. I'm sure you can find more info online somewhere. My store here just told me to keep a 10ft diameter free of trees and jumping points and to use the baffle to keep the squirrels at bay. The pic I posted earlier was pre baffle....

Try ground pepper.

Isn't it great NOT seeing or hearing from JA! YAY! Locked and quiet. For a while...

CALM.

Like STFU.

moo

Very relaxing indeed - I do feel a calmness knowing she is locked in that cell 23 hours a day...OK, should I mix ground pepper with the bird seed and the squirrels won't like it? Let's get down to business here - Sleuthing Squirrels
:floorlaugh:

Oh no, don't tell me this. I just spent a fortune today on Shepherd hooks and bird houses and seed. I was told that the squirrel could not climb the pole on the shepherd's hook.

Also there is a seed that squirrel do not like but I can't remember what it is. Maybe thistle, but not sure. Google it, I am sure it will be on there.

Haha! I just had to read up on squirrels in AZ Sunday. We have some funky goings on. We feed the cardinals, woodpeckers & thrashers unsalted peanuts in a suspended basket. Late last winter I started seeing a squirrel. I was excited for a day or two. He was trying to live in a shed on our property. Then we have a guest house and found peanut shells at the doorway. A few holes here and there so read up on how to stop animals that burrow or dig holes. I found out if you want to do it easily and less harmful was to put pepper or chili powder where they might try to enter or in their holes. Apparently they don't like pepper. There's scent stuff to keep out almost any animal away that you can buy also. Natural scent of their predetor. fyi ha ha

javalina doesn't like fox scent...and so on. Try pepper and chili pepper first.

Oh, and peppermint oil too.

Dr. Drew is replaying now.
He has juror #6 and alt juror #17 on.

Depending on your pole you can put a baffle on it... I get my bird supplies from wild birds unlimited... There is a different chain I went to in mn that sold bulk food by the weight, which would be awesome for finches because they are so finicky about stale food. I'm sure you can find more info online somewhere. My store here just told me to keep a 10ft diameter free of trees and jumping points and to use the baffle to keep the squirrels at bay. The pic I posted earlier was pre baffle....

I'm very familiar with Wild Birds Unlimited - I "raised" Purple Martins when I lived in Louisiana - I guess I will have to go hi-tech and get an "official" pole with the baffle but thought there might be a less expensive trick to keep them out of my feeders. I greatly appreciate your help!

Try ground pepper.

CALM.

Like STFU.

moo

I've read a lot about cayenne, especially for your tulip bulbs... Never tried I just put out pumpkins and hop it distracts them...

It's been interesting listening to the jurors and alternates after the non-verdict verdict. Even though they didn't know everything we knew, most of them seem to be on the same page as most of us here. CMA is pure evil. Then, there were evidently some that believed the verbal abuse and mental abuse claims but they didn't fall for the physical abuse - goodbye broken finger in the popsicle sticks...

And Juror 10 on After Dark didn't even know what Vinnie was talking about when he asked about the mangled finger. Must not have made such a big impression! :floorlaugh:

So, I'm not sure what y'all are talking about but just wanted to pop in and say that after hearing what Juror No. 10 had to say it appears the 4 lifers were all the older jurors. It wasn't a gender thing but a age thing. I think that all the sex talk got to the older folks. They all thought the sex that was discussed ad nauseum was abusive and that's what saved her life. Unbelievable.

So if Juan can keep the older people off the panel and limit all the insane (and completely irrelevant) talk about sex Jodi will be sentenced to Death. He needs to stop the defense from putting forth facts that don't have anything to do with the crime.

Oh no, don't tell me this. I just spent a fortune today on Shepherd hooks and bird houses and seed. I was told that the squirrel could not climb the pole on the shepherd's hook.

Also there is a seed that squirrel do not like but I can't remember what it is. Maybe thistle, but not sure. Google it, I am sure it will be on there.

Trust me, I have plenty experience with bird feeders and squirrels - I like my squirrels too but they are just too clever. Who told you that a squirrel could not climb a Shepherd's hook was just trying to make a sale IMO...Thistle is good for Finches and the like during that season, but squirrels LOVE sunflower seed that I want to keep handy for my beautiful Cardinals. I'm going to try the ground pepper in my seed and see what happens and will let y'all know what happens in a week or so.

Edit: Knowing how clever our squirrels are, I was once going to run a nylon twine from fenceline to fenceline and knot a feeder in-between with sunflower seed in it, because I know that squirrels would eventually try to walk that line to get to it...Just for entertainment value.

Do you think it's possible to get a special thread going for all the nuggets that are coming from the jurors that are talking??? It would be great to have one place where we can keep track of what is being said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23