Mistrial, Hung Jury - Raven Abaroa Murder in the 1st

L L & S

Reaction score
Her we go gang. Time to hurry up and wait. ♥

I would be thrilled beyond words if they come back today with a guilty verdict.

Could that happen? Do they have to review all of the evidence or anything before they can return a verdict?

Could that happen? Do they have to review all of the evidence or anything before they can return a verdict?

OJ's jury didn't. They were ready 30 minutes after they went into deliberations but decided to wait until the next morning to announce their verdict because it would 'look' better. Remember?

The jury has gone home for the day, to return at 9:30 am tomorrow, according to Tamara Gibbs of ABC11.

Well dang, somebody should have told us.

Adding: The 'jury is deliberating' sign is still up on WRAL's live stream. Maybe they are just slow getting it down.

OJ's jury didn't. They were ready 30 minutes after they went into deliberations but decided to wait until the next morning to announce their verdict because it would 'look' better. Remember?

Oh wow!! Well then what took them so long in the Jodi Arias case? LOL

I guess we'll be back tomorrow! Thanks, everybody!

Oh wow!! Well then what took them so long in the Jodi Arias case? LOL

I guess we'll be back tomorrow! Thanks, everybody!

I didn't let myself get locked into the Arias case. Each time I watch one of these trials I gain weight. I knew with Arias, much like the C. Anthony case, that I wouldn't move for weeks on end. I have never had a weight problem before in my life until all of the husband murders began in the Raleigh/Durham area. It's a lot easier gaining than losing!!

Well dang, somebody should have told us.

Adding: The 'jury is deliberating' sign is still up on WRAL's live stream. Maybe they are just slow getting it down.
Ha ha - I was waiting too. Why didn't they just tell us it was over for today?
My husband tells me if the assembly instructions to put something together told me to run around the house three times before putting a screw in, I would.
I'm a rule follower - hence. still waiting for them to "return" as promised.

I didn't let myself get locked into the Arias case. Each time I watch one of these trials I gain weight. I knew with Arias, much like the C. Anthony case, that I wouldn't move for weeks on end. I have never had a weight problem before in my life until all of the husband murders began in the Raleigh/Durham area. It's a lot easier gaining than losing!!

BBM

Husband murders? Do tell, please.

BBM

Husband murders? Do tell, please.

There were several between the years 2005 and 2008. This makes the 3rd one in two years that we've watched. Actually, the 4th as one was declared a mistrial so we had to endure a second trial. Brad Cooper found guilty of murdering his wife Nancy, Jason Young was found guilty of murdering his wife Michelle,--2 trials, that was the retial, this Abaroa trial. Oh! A really good one will start in August....the Hayes/Haze trial. Man and his wife (read somewhere they really are not married) murdered the mother of his children, dismembered her, and hauled her body parts in a UHaul trailer from Raleigh to Texas. LE was on the ball in both Raleigh and Texas as they were able to find some of her body parts in a creek, arrests were made, all in about a week after she went missing. That was last summer and their trial was supposed to start in May--right now, together--but in April they began turning on one another and Judge Stephens--whom we all adore--ruled to sever their cases and give them separate trials. His begins in August and then hers will follow if all goes to plan. It will be very, very interesting. Grant and Amanda Hayes--except he thinks he's a big music star and calls himself Grant Haze.

Boz Z. and Becky Hold of the Cooper and Young trial respectively will be the prosecutors in the Hayes trials.

So sorry, Becky Holt is her name. Typo.

There were several between the years 2005 and 2008. This makes the 3rd one in two years that we've watched. Actually, the 4th as one was declared a mistrial so we had to endure a second trial. Brad Cooper found guilty of murdering his wife Nancy, Jason Young was found guilty of murdering his wife Michelle,--2 trials, that was the retial, this Abaroa trial. Oh! A really good one will start in August....the Hayes/Haze trial. Man and his wife (read somewhere they really are not married) murdered the mother of his children, dismembered her, and hauled her body parts in a UHaul trailer from Raleigh to Texas. LE was on the ball in both Raleigh and Texas as they were able to find some of her body parts in a creek, arrests were made, all in about a week after she went missing. That was last summer and their trial was supposed to start in May--right now, together--but in April they began turning on one another and Judge Stephens--whom we all adore--ruled to sever their cases and give them separate trials. His begins in August and then hers will follow if all goes to plan. It will be very, very interesting. Grant and Amanda Hayes--except he thinks he's a big music star and calls himself Grant Haze.

Thanks for the info NCE, wow, lots of murders/trials in the past couple years there, the Hayes/Haze sounds interesting, I'll probably watch if they live stream it.

I was just out watering my patio plants with the hose in one hand and not one but TWO pieces of See's candy in the other wondering if I can sue Raven for the 15 lbs I'm going to gain waiting for the verdict. As soon as closing was over I sent my roomies to See's with $40 worth of gift cards and told them to GET ME MY VERDICT WATCH CHOCOLATE. I predict, based on the whole thing, not just Charlene's awesome close, that we'll have a verdict by Friday morning at the very latest. Just MOO.

State did a great closing, esp the female prosecutor, tied it all together neatly,

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back