1218 users online (207 members and 1011 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

LA - Shannon Richardson for sending ricin-laced letters, Shreveport, 2013

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/artic...ontained-ricin

Both were mailed to New York mayor and referenced "the debate on gun laws."

Two anonymous, threatening letters postmarked in Shreveport and sent to New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg and his gun control organization contained the deadly poison ricin, police said today.

Both missives referenced "the debate on gun laws" and contained a suspicious "pink-orange oily substance," said Paul Browne, the chief NYPD spokesman............

Both letters were mailed May 20 from Shreveport, law enforcement sources told NBC News.

More at link......

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

Figures. I live in Shreveport and based on the kinds of comments I hear daily, I have complete faith in the nefarious intent of the residents to do great harm to people they do not agree with.

So proud. Not.

Quote Originally Posted by FrayedKnot View Post
    Figures. I live in Shreveport and based on the kinds of comments I hear daily, I have complete faith in the nefarious intent of the residents to do great harm to people they do not agree with.

So proud. Not.
    Being that my late husband was a retired City of Shreveport police officer, I take exception to not being proud of the city. People there are no different than in any other relatively large city.

It is not the fault of the many truly good citizens that a nut either from there or even someone passing through may be responsible for that letter being mailed with that postmark. I suspect it was someone passing through - just my own personal opinion.

MOO
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    Quote Originally Posted by FrayedKnot View Post

So proud. Not.
    There are crazy people everywhere. Not just Shreveport, LA.

I still think Louisiana is the greatest state in the nation.

I am proud of my state. And always will be. It's not defined by the actions of one.

JMO
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

"A letter addressed to President Barack Obama contained threats similar to those found in mail sent to New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, and is being tested for ricin, NBC 4 New York reports."

And, it has tested positive for ricin.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3360018.html

https://mobile.twitter.com/eyewitnes...31484360916992

BREAKING NEWS: Law enforcement sources tell ABC News that a third letter addressed to President Obama has tested positive for ricin.

On the Obama letter (before the ricin was verified):

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/31/ny...-say.html?_r=0

Police Commissioner Raymond W. Kelly told reporters on Thursday that he believed all three letters were the same.

“They are addressed from the envelope but not on the letter itself,” Mr. Kelly said. “In the letter it says ‘you’ and then starts off with the narrative. The letter in essence complains about gun control and says that anyone who comes for my guns will be shot in the face.”

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

FBI: Ricin letter to Obama sent from Wash.

http://www.wbay.com/story/22463244/f...sent-from-wash

SEATTLE (AP) - A suspicious letter containing the deadly poison ricin was mailed to President Barack Obama from Spokane, Wash., on the same day similar ricin-tainted letters were mailed to a federal judge and a post office, the FBI said Thursday.

A man arrested last week in Spokane has been charged with sending the letter to the Spokane-based judge after that letter and the letter to the post office were intercepted May 14.

The Obama letter was intercepted May 22, along with a similar letter sent to Fairchild Air Force Base, near Spokane, the Seattle FBI office said in a written statement...........more......

Where are people getting ricin? Isn't that pretty impossible to come by?
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Texas Army veteran quizzed over poison letters sent to Obama and Bloomberg after his wife 'finds ricin in their FRIDGE'

"A Texas Army veteran is being questioned in connection with poison letters sent to President Obama and New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg after his wife found a container in their refrigerator filled with what appeared to be ricin.

The man, who neighbors identified to KSLA as father-of-five Nathaniel Richardson, is a civilian employee of the Department of Defense who works at the Red River Army Depot. Sources said he is being treated as a person of interest.

His wife told officers that as well as the container in the fridge, she also found internet searches related to ricin production, Obama and Bloomberg on their computer."

Read more:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2Usqr0kfO

I haven't followed through yet with the other links within the article, but this is a good start.

FBI raids New Boston, TX home in ricin letter case
    KSLA TV
    Posted: May 30, 2013 7:00 PM PDT
    Updated: May 31, 2013 4:10 AM PDT
    By Willard Woods

"A New Boston man is being questioned by the FBI and items have been taken from his home in connection with the investigation into ricin-laced letters sent to President Barack Obama, New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, and the gun control lobbying group Mayors Against Illegal Guns.

Agents could be seen late Thursday night removing items from the South Maple Street home of a man identified by neighbors as Nathaniel Richardson. Neighbors told KSLA News 12's Fred Gamble that he is an Army Veteran who works at the Red River Army Depot.

Both Richardson and his wife were questioned at their New Boston home, where they live with their five children. Initial reports stated that Richardson had been questioned at his workplace and later at his home. Gamble reported that the wife had been in the back seat of a law enforcement unit before being returned to the house."

More...

http://www.ksla.com/story/22463360/a...ide-new-boston

"The man lives roughly 100 miles from the Shreveport, La. mail hub that sent out the letter on May 20. The facility handles correspondence from the surrounging (sic) area and parts of Texas and Arkansas."

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...1N1dklbeWs1cAO

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    Where are people getting ricin? Isn't that pretty impossible to come by?
    When they spoke about this case on GMA this morning, they said ricin is easy to make.

OTOH, they also said that this stuff from the past few days was basically harmless. It was ricin, but wouldn't cause anyone to get sick.

Great! So now the next copy-cat will be sure his stuff is toxic!

JMHO
    fran

One of Ann Rule's best books (imo) was Bitter Harvest.

"Debora Green (born Debora Jones, February 28, 1951) is an American physician who pleaded no contest to setting a 1995 fire which burned down her family's home and killed two of her children, and to poisoning her husband with ricin with the intention of causing his death.

The case was sensational, and covered heavily by news media, especially in the Kansas-Missouri area, where the crimes occurred. Crime writer Ann Rule covered the case in her book Bitter Harvest: A Woman's Fury, a Mother's Sacrifice. Though Green has claimed in recent years that her plea was placed during a period of diminished mental capacity, she has not been granted a new trial."

More...

http://murderpedia.org/female.G/g/green-debora.htm

Marx: "Jeder nach seinen Fähigkeiten, jedem nach seinen Bedürfnissen."

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberlyd125 View Post
    There are crazy people everywhere. Not just Shreveport, LA.

I still think Louisiana is the greatest state in the nation.

I am proud of my state. And always will be. It's not defined by the actions of one.

JMO
    Oh I agree, one crazy doesn't define a whole state, but back around election time I heard quite a few comments regarding using less than peaceful means to express disgust at the outcome.

I just meant it doesn't at all surprise me that the letters came from here. There are alot of really angry people who hate Obama 'round here. That's all.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast