1203 users online (224 members and 979 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Harley in the Hangar: Chop Shop?

Use this thread to discuss the recovered Harley Davidson motorcycle, and any new developments on stolen vehicles and the apparent "chop shop".

Marty MacDougall had his custom motorcycle stolen back in Oct. Guess where it was found? Dellen Millard's air plane hangar in Kitchener.

Credits: HANDOUT PHOTO

Stolen Harley found on property of accused Tim Bosma killer
    by Tim Warmingtonm Toronto Sun
    First posted: Thursday, May 30, 2013 12:08 AM EDT | Updated: Thursday, May 30, 2013 07:37 AM EDT

Certainly, there was no thought in mind that one day this brazen theft of a high-end bike would somehow have a connection to the alleged "Kijiji killers" case.
    Last edited by bessie; 05-30-2013 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KEVINinTO View Post
    Looks like the original theories of a "chop shop" going on at the hangar were on point...

Umm , they imo are scoundrals. Thats their job. Is this new?
    Anyways.. Back at the hangar the plot thickens...

It was stolen last fall! I wish that we had been given the exact date. This might provide a possible motive for murdering WM.

I wonder how many more such stories will come to light, of vehicles stolen after they were listed on Kijiji.

Quote Originally Posted by musicaljoke View Post
    It was stolen last fall! I wish that we had been given the exact date. This might provide a possible motive for murdering WM.

I wonder how many more such stories will come to light, of vehicles stolen after they were listed on Kijiji.
    It was stolen November 21:

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/02/08...-traffic-chaos

The Sun article says there were hundreds of vehicles found in the hangar.

Is there no airport securty at Waterloo? How is it that all these stolen vehicles (possibly inside trailers) were allowed entry to airport property. Not only that, but wouldn’t any visitors to the hangar need to go through some kind of security themselves? Would they have access to commercial aircraft, or is this located somehow in a separate area?

The hangar is designed to accommodate planes for maintenance, so would be accessed off a runway. Could the same thing have happened at Pearson International airport? It makes me wonder about putting people’s lives in jeopardy, having a bunch of criminals in easy access of commercial airliners.

Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    The Sun article says there were hundreds of vehicles found in the hangar.

Is there no airport securty at Waterloo? How is it that all these stolen vehicles (possibly inside trailers) were allowed entry to airport property. Not only that, but wouldn’t any visitors to the hangar need to go through some kind of security themselves? Would they have access to commercial aircraft, or is this located somehow in a separate area?

The hangar is designed to accommodate planes for maintenance, so would be accessed off a runway. Could the same thing have happened at Pearson International airport? It makes me wonder about putting people’s lives in jeopardy, having a bunch of criminals in easy access of commercial airliners.
    This is a question I have also. Waterloo Airport is not large but nevertheless it is international with airport with scheduled jet service to Calgary and Chicago.

The Hangar would have direct access to the secure "airside" environment. Passengers departing the airport must of course go through extensive security checks to be allowed on the "airside" and yet Dellen and his crew had unlimited access? I'm surprised that the activities inside the hangar did not come to the attention of airport security.

This is a question I have also. Waterloo Airport is not large but nevertheless it is international with airport with scheduled jet service to Calgary and Chicago.

The Hangar would have direct access to the secure "airside" environment. Passengers departing the airport must of course go through extensive security checks to be allowed on the "airside" and yet Dellen and his crew had unlimited access? I'm surprised that the activities inside the hangar did not come to the attention of airport security.
    Maybe they did, follow the money??? Just a thought, paid off people they know well to turn the other way? JMO
    Last edited by canadiangirl; 05-30-2013 at 12:47 PM. Reason: spelling
    ~ Unless it's a link from MSM, all comments are JMO ~

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/20.../20859531.html

Stolen Harley found on Dellen's property. Has this been posted yet?

IMO, the pieces really seem to be coming together. DM needed the work space and storage of the hangar. Too much was going on and he couldn't do most of this under his dad's nose. WM had to go for all of the vehicles to come in. It's too coincidental for him to "begin" this lifestyle after his dad's death. Especially if he's "grieving".

Quote Originally Posted by huntergerrard View Post
    IMO, the pieces really seem to be coming together. DM needed the work space and storage of the hangar. Too much was going on and he couldn't do most of this under his dad's nose. WM had to go for all of the vehicles to come in. It's too coincidental for him to "begin" this lifestyle after his dad's death. Especially if he's "grieving".
    You could be right. It was probably a source of conflict between them. WM was planning on servicing planes in the hangar and would have had problems if the hangar was full of stolen vehicles.

I guess the Harley is definitive proof now that the Hangar(s) were being used as a chop shop. Most of us thought so from the beginning. JMO

Here is a map showing how close King and Parliament is to the Distillery District. The condo(s) are at 70 Distillery Lane. 3 blocks.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=king+an...tario&t=m&z=16

As the overhead photo shows on the previous page of this discussion, the Millardair MRO hanger is on the opposite side of the runway to the passenger terminals, and most of the other airfield operations. It also has it's own individual access roadway into the hanger. The runway itself acts as a security buffer. ANYONE crossing that, unauthorized, is going to alert the airfield personnel.

On the terminal/facility side of the airfield, it is pretty open. If you fly in on a light private aircraft, you are pretty much free to wander at will .. except on the taxi-ways and runway, of course. Or at least this was the way it was, 10 years ago.

Waterloo is still at the regional airport stage. It would surprise me if they had anything more than rent-a-cops as off-hours security.

Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast