1131 users online (280 members and 851 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Autistic daughters found covered in urine, feces

This is so sad, where is the support for these mothers, this woman obviously needed help. This was so avoidable, and the dad just left a year ago and didn't look back until now?

http://www.abc-7.com/story/22440213/...s#.Uae76kDrxYw

She needs therapy, maybe depression medicine or something, a support group, not a 40,000 dollar bail & jail. Idk, jmo, usually the last one to be soft on these type cases but something about these non-concerned neighbors 'minding their own business' and yet scavenging through their trash just bothers me.

http://www.winknews.com/Local-Florid...e#.Uae-KEDrxYw

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/22449652/...e#.Uae-XUDrxYw

It seems like she had shut down emotionally.

I agree, the mother needed help. But she could have, at any time, -asked- for it. Rather than allowing her children and animals to dwell in filth and garbage for however many years they did so.

The neighbours ought to be jolly well ashamed of themselves too - what kind of neighbourhood is this? Garbage-picking and ignoring the clear signs of neglect...

I think the mother well and truly deserves jail time, frankly. Too many kids suffer neglect because their parents are too lazy/greedy/selfish/whatever to provide proper care and cleanliness. Neglect is just much child abuse as violence is... it not only damages a childs development and health - often permanently - but leaves them with a lot of emotional damage that can last a lifetime.

It's her severely neglected special needs kids who'll need years of therapy and support groups, thanks to their crappy mother.

I bet she accepted the SSI checks just fine, though..

You are right, she just seemed so disassociated in the mugshot, not even in this world and her husband just to walk out for a year and then show up out of the blue. She just looked so beyond having the ability to communicate that she needed help, deteriorated is the word that comes to mind. jmo. You are right, though, the children should be our primary focus.

They should have been the primary focus of the parents.. Why the father didn't call CPS, for example, and mental health services regarding his clearly dysfunctional wife, rather than simply vanishing for a year is beyond me. He's equally culpable, IMO, if he knew what was happening and did nothing to help his kids.

Nobody at all was concerned with these children, for however many years.. one child is an adult! I dread to think of a whole young life spent running around naked and probably hungry in a house full of garbage, animal poo and urine. No school, I'm betting, and no friends, stinky clothes, no bathtime, no clean sheets, and no proper management for their autism.

These cases so break my heart.

Never mind the -eight- diseased cats! Why do people who cannot look after thier kids hoard and neglect animals as well? I cannot fathom it. I hope the other four cats haven't been left in that filth..

What a sad story. The mother may have been overwhelmed but I don't see why she couldn't at least grab a trash bag and pick up the trash and throw out the moldy food, etc. And if CPS was overseeing the case for 2 years, supposedly helping the family, how did things get this bad? And why didn't the dad take the children with him when he left or fight for custody of them, or keep calling CPS to get the family help. Neighbors saw that things weren't right with one child out in the street at night yelling at cars and playing outdoors naked. Why didn't they call CPS over and over until something was done? Or go to see the mother and ask if she needed some help. If the girl went to school, surely the teacher would notice something was wrong. And if she didn't go to school, why wouldn't neighbors call it to the attention of someone who could do something about it? These people didn't live out in the boondocks. They had neighbors quite close. Didn't anyone smell anything awful coming from that direction? I just don't understand this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    What a sad story. The mother may have been overwhelmed but I don't see why she couldn't at least grab a trash bag and pick up the trash and throw out the moldy food, etc. And if CPS was overseeing the case for 2 years, supposedly helping the family, how did things get this bad? And why didn't the dad take the children with him when he left or fight for custody of them, or keep calling CPS to get the family help. Neighbors saw that things weren't right with one child out in the street at night yelling at cars and playing outdoors naked. Why didn't they call CPS over and over until something was done? Or go to see the mother and ask if she needed some help. If the girl went to school, surely the teacher would notice something was wrong. And if she didn't go to school, why wouldn't neighbors call it to the attention of someone who could do something about it? These people didn't live out in the boondocks. They had neighbors quite close. Didn't anyone smell anything awful coming from that direction? I just don't understand this.
    Thank you for your post. You were able to articulate all the concerns and questions perfectly. Appreciated