GUILTY SC - Three women killed in Clarendon & Charleston Counties, May 2013

Coldpizza

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
This case was brought to my attention by WS member southsleuth

Clarendon woman, 82, missing since Saturday

The Clarendon County Sheriff's Office is asking for help in locating an 82-year-old New Zion woman who has been missing since Saturday.
Sadie F. Brown of 527 Subdivision Road in New Zion was last seen Saturday by a caregiver.

The Clarendon County Sheriff's Office is asking for help in locating an 82-year-old New Zion woman who has been missing since Saturday.
Sadie F. Brown of 527 Subdivision Road in New Zion was last seen Saturday by a caregiver.

http://www.theitem.com/news/clarend...cle_57c7fd18-c968-11e2-a83a-001a4bcf887a.html

She wasn't reported missing until today but hasn't been seen since Saturday. When LE we're looking for her they found another woman shot to death. Details are still sketchy about who reported her as she had a caretaker. Not saying right now about the other woman's body.
www.wltx.com

http://www.wltx.com/news/article/238606/2/1-Missing-1-Found-Dead-in-Neighborhood

"Clarendon deputies were told that 81-year-old Sadie Brown had not been seen since Saturday. However, her caregiver didn't report her as missing until 3:30 p.m. Thursday."

A body has been found in the same community, but it is not Brown. It is a worker at the Waste Recycling Center and Brown cannot be found.

Thank you for putting this on the missing thread. I didn't know how to start a thread w/MSM links. This case is hinky from the start. New Zion is a pretty tight community so it's a bit unusual for the poor woman to be reported missing so late.

Person of Interest Named in Disappearance & Killing
http://www.wltx.com/news/article/238606/2/1-Missing-1-Found-Dead-in-Neighborhood

Investigators now believe Eady is driving the victim's 2008 Ford Focus with South Carolina tag SC GYF642.

Charleston TV station WCSC-TV is reporting that authorites are also looking to see if Eady may be connected to a fatal shooting of a 37-year-old female clerk at a gas station in Adam's Run. The suspect in that crime was driving a vehicle with a similar description to the missing Ford.

I hope they find this guy soon. Ms. Sadie is still missing.

jmo

From your link, WideOpen:

...Deputies say their investigation began when they got a report Thursday that 77-year-old Sadie Brown was missing. The report was called in by Eady's father, who is Brown's caretaker. ...

...Investigators think Eady have been on his way to Savannah, and they consider him armed and dangerous. Investigators say anyone who sees Eady should call 9-1-1. ...

more at: http://www.wltx.com/news/article/238606/2/1-Missing-1-Found-Dead-in-Neighborhood

LE wants him in connection to the murder of a gas station employee in Adams Run, SC. I haven't read weather that murder took place the murder and kidnapping in New Zion. If so, he's probably taking rural backroads to the Savannah area.

Person of Interest Named in Disappearance & Killing

Investigators now believe Eady is driving the victim's 2008 Ford Focus with South Carolina tag SC GYF642.

Charleston TV station WCSC-TV is reporting that authorites are also looking to see if Eady may be connected to a fatal shooting of a 37-year-old female clerk at a gas station in Adam's Run. The suspect in that crime was driving a vehicle with a similar description to the missing Ford.

I hope they find this guy soon. Ms. Sadie is still missing.

jmo

This article says her age is 77, not 82.
Why did her caretaker not report her missing for 4 days? Does the caretaker know the POI??
ETA: I see now that the caretaker is Eady's father.
I wish the media and LE could get her age clarified. I've seen 77, 81, and 82 so far.

Thank you for the AP link. I'm not surprised at all that Eady has been in prison. He obviously escalated to murder. Hope there aren't any more victims. Just saw on the local news that several agencies are involved in finding him. Think he may have traveled to Macon.

Ms. Sadie is still missing. Where could she be?

This man Eady is a cold blooded killer and I don't think he will stop until he is caught or dead.

Cannon said technology such as cellphones and surveillance cameras indicate that Eady was in the Macon, Ga., area early Friday. He didn't go into detail but said a number of lottery tickets were stolen from the Charleston County convenience store and later cashed in in Georgia.
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/sheriff-man-killed-sc-woman-fled-georgia

Looking at a map its about a 4-5 hour trip from Charleston to Macon. There are several roads to take and its another 1 1/2-2 hours to Atlanta from Macon. He could literally be anywhere by now but will run out of money unless those lotto tickets were for big $$.
I just hope they find him before there are any more victims. So scary for anyone in his path.

jmo

Thank you for the AP link. I'm not surprised at all that Eady has been in prison. He obviously escalated to murder. Hope there aren't any more victims. Just saw on the local news that several agencies are involved in finding him. Think he may have traveled to Macon.

bbm: Yikes, that's getting close to me. Sure don't want to run into this guy.

...Cannon said technology such as cellphones and surveillance cameras indicate that Eady was in the Macon, Ga., area early Friday. He didn't go into detail but said a number of lottery tickets were stolen from the Charleston County convenience store and later cashed in in Georgia....
from the link in an earlier post at: http://bigstory.ap.org/article/sheriff-man-killed-sc-woman-fled-georgia

ETA: Sorry, WideOpen -- didn't mean to repeat what you had already quoted, just missed that you did somehow.

Was thinking possibly he had Ms. Sadie with him as a hostage, but there doesn't seem to be any indication of that, does there?

Sheriff: Man killed SC woman, fled to Georgia

A man released last year from prison after serving a decade for armed robbery is now charged with two counts of murder, accused of shooting two women during a rural South Carolina crime spree, authorities said Friday.

Jeffery Eady, 31, of the Oakdale community in Clarendon County, is also wanted for questioning in the disappearance of a third woman who searchers continued looking for on Friday, authorities said.

Eady is thought to have fled to central Georgia, said Charleston County Sheriff Al Cannon. ...

...At that time, deputies in Clarendon County were also looking for Sadie Brown, 77, of New Zion, who lives near the recycling facility and was reported missing Thursday by her caregiver. The search for Brown continued Friday in a rural area near where her car was found, Garrett said.

Within the past week, Eady's father had become a caregiver for Brown....

...Garrett said that surveillance cameras showed there was another man in Eady's car on Thursday when he stopped at a gas station in North Charleston. But cameras at the convenience store, farther south, indicated Eady was then alone ...
read more at: http://www.macon.com/2013/05/31/2500059/sheriff-man-killed-sc-woman-fled.html

bbm in above: Sounds to me that he is no longer driving Ms. Sadie's car...?

Violence against the elderly is so cold-blooded and cowardly. If this guy had anything to do with Sadie's disappearance, I hope he is found and brought to justice.

Manhunt for SC accused killer moves to GA

...Authorities are still looking for a second woman, 81 year old Sadie Brown, but they fear she may be dead and Eady is their suspect. Her car was found hidden and partially burned in a wooded area. ...

... Sheriff Garrett spared no words in characterizing the fugitive calling him “a cold blooded killer.” “I think he’s become accustom to killing and he likes it,” Garrett said. “He’s not going to ask for anything, he’s going to take it, and he’s going to kill you when he takes it.”

If you see the car or Eady, police warn you not to talk to him or make eye contact with him. They said to call 911 immediately.
more at: http://atlanta.icito.com/manhunt-for-sc-accused-killer-moves-to-ga/

Very sad situation for all who care about Ms. Sadie -- and very scary situation for everyone in the area.

Just wanting to post an alert here to let folks in the Carolinas and Georgia know about this apparently extremely dangerous fugitive. Be careful!

Manhunt for SC accused killer moves to GA

Sheriff Garrett spared no words in characterizing the fugitive calling him “a cold blooded killer.” “I think he’s become accustom to killing and he likes it,” Garrett said. “He’s not going to ask for anything, he’s going to take it, and he’s going to kill you when he takes it.”...

If you see the car or Eady, police warn you not to talk to him or make eye contact with him. They said to call 911 immediately.
more at: http://atlanta.icito.com/manhunt-for-sc-accused-killer-moves-to-ga/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back