Page 20 of 73 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 ... LastLast
    I didn't get up to N Wilkesboro to search. I'm not happy about that.
    I hope they find her today.
    Clear your mind must be, if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot. Opinion only, my posts are.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Yoda For This Useful Post:

Whoever put 'silver infinity' in the tags, could you amend it to 'dark gray', pretty please?
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zwiebel For This Useful Post:

BBM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hucklepie View Post
    A Facebook friend of mine posted pictures taken today at a summer camp in Laurel Springs, near the searches. It is very foggy there this afternoon, which would make searching almost impossible in the foggy areas. The fog up there is not uncommon this time of year - I've driven so slowly through fog on the Parkway that I've hit a deer (but at such a slow speed that the deer gave me a dirty look and went on its way). I hope searchers are being careful.

I understand them wanting to be clear about the color of Holly's car, but somehow I don't think anyone's going to see a car of the same type as hers in the brush, and say "Oh, that's the same car she drives, but wait - no, wrong color, not going to report this."

Another thing I thought of - up near the summer camp, there are a lot of old buildings, shacks, etc. We found a homeless man living in one last summer who had been doing so for several months. If Holly wanted to go somewhere to be alone and not be found for a few days, it would not be hard at all to find a place.

I hope she comes home safely today.
    In the case of missing Jennifer Ramsaran here on WS, (found deceased now. Husband charged with her murder) there was an initial 'mix-up' about the color of her vehicle that did cause a great deal of confusion. I think it's best to be as clear as possible, just in case her vehicle is sitting in a car park somewhere, amongst a dozen similar color cars.

Do we know who first released the initial description of the car as silver?
    Last edited by zwiebel; 06-02-2013 at 05:05 PM. Reason: horrible writing
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to zwiebel For This Useful Post:

We have lots of guests. Please consider joining to help find Holly. You would be very welcome.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to zwiebel For This Useful Post:

It is believed the ping on Thursday is an echo ping...bc it is located in the mts.Holly would not have taken off without texting someone. She does not like camping and would not just take off

10. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to giro For This Useful Post:

Just getting to read on this case and I need to go back to page 2. Quickie question. Was she off from work (ex for a week) and is she due back at work tomorrow (Mon) morning.?
    Or does she not have to be at work?

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JustyThoughts For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by giro View Post
    It is believed the ping on Thursday is an echo ping...bc it is located in the mts.Holly would not have taken off without texting someone. She does not like camping and would not just take off
    Welcome to WS, giro!

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to zwiebel For This Useful Post:

Edited. The link doesn't work here.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to zwiebel For This Useful Post:

just thinking about the pings here.. if she somehow drove off the road somewhere, her phone would probably drain pretty quickly if it was trying to find a signal. she could have had it plugged into the car charger and if the car was still on "on" then it could have continued to charge the phone battery, until the car battery died. BUT - i find it weird that it would finally ping all of a sudden after 3-4 days. even if it's a really remote location, i would think it would at least ping one other time while in the same spot. unless the car shifted??

i really would like to think of it as an accident rather than foul play, but the weird location of pings, etc makes me go hmmmm.

did she know anyone who lived in wilkesboro that maybe she could have stopped by to just say hello?
    "My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style."
    ~ Maya Angelou

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mamacita For This Useful Post:

lots of talk about Banner Elk area on the FB group. i'm still trying to dig and find out what the tip was.
    "My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style."
    ~ Maya Angelou

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mamacita For This Useful Post:

Find Holly Fischer ‏@FindHollyF 18m
    Banner Elk Lodge confirms no sighting of person meeting Holly's description
    ~ Maya Angelou

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mamacita For This Useful Post:

I've probably missed it, but is LE confident that she didn't first make it to Huntersville? Have they tracked her phone from the time she left until the last ping, or have they been hush hush and only announced the last ping?

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Tonto For This Useful Post:

Banner Elk?

Has LE ever definitively stated where her phone last pinged? After they would have the capability to do so. I thought the location near 16 and the Blue Ridge Pkwy

GIRO- can you explain what you mean by a 'echo ping'?

ETA maybe you are referring to the fact that a ping doesn't necessarily seek out the closest tower but the strongest, at that point in time? I think it it also referred to signal bounce?
    Last edited by sreshowtime; 06-02-2013 at 06:56 PM.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sreshowtime For This Useful Post:

Anyone have a link for the find holly facebook page?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to danzn16 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by danzn16 View Post
    Anyone have a link for the find holly facebook page?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4882...ref=ts&fref=ts
    Clear your mind must be, if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot. Opinion only, my posts are.

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Yoda For This Useful Post:

Page 20 of 73 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 ... LastLast