Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: TN/NC - Holly Fischer, 39, Newport TN to Charlotte NC, 27 May 2013

With all the different highways she apparently traveled, she probably took I-40 to I-77. The instead of going I-77 South to Charlotte, she must have gone I-77 North to Hwy 421 North, then to 16. I would venture to guess that maybe she decided to go to her parents' condo in West Jefferson, rather than home to Charlotte. She may have gotten exhausted from the drive; it would have been a hard drive.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Money Girl For This Useful Post:

I heard on the news (WBTV) this morning that a memorial service has been planned for Holly, but I can't seem to find anything about on WBTV's website. On the FindHollyF Twitter page, it states that the memorial is planned for 11:00 am on 6/8 at St. Gabriel's Church, 3016 Providence Rd, Charlotte. If I run across an actual link somewhere, I'll post it.

*EDIT: Link from WSOC regarding Holly Fischer's memorial service: http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/loca...fischer/nYCPM/
    Last edited by StarryNight; 06-05-2013 at 10:46 AM.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to StarryNight For This Useful Post:

Seems, the location that Holly Fischer's vehicle left the road; The 'Jumping Off Place', has a dark history...

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/murders/ri...lynn-bare/view

FBI-Ten Most Wanted

Unlawful Flight to Avoid Prosecution - Murder
    RICHARD LYNN BARE DOB July 6, 1964 (Age 48)
    CAUTION
    Richard Lynn Bare has been wanted since 1985 when he escaped from the Wilkes County, North Carolina Jail where he was awaiting trial for murder. In 1984, the victim, a 24-year-old female friend, reportedly avoided sexual advances by Bare, and he allegedly threw her over a 1,200-foot cliff, an area known as the "Jumping Off Place", near the border of Wilkes County and Ashe County, in North Carolina.

In April of 1985, a Wilkes County, North Carolina Grand Jury indicted Bare for murder and he was subsequently arrested. Bare escaped and a state warrant was issued for his arrest in July of 1985. Additionally, Bare was charged with unlawful flight to avoid prosecution and a federal arrest warrant was issued in December of 1985, by the United States District Court, Western District of North Carolina.

SHOULD BE CONSIDERED ARMED AND DANGEROUS
    If you have any information concerning this person, please contact your local FBI office or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate.

Field Office: Charlotte

Richard Bare
    In Ashe County, North Carolina, a body was discovered at the bottom of a 1200-foot cliff that the locals call "The Jumping Off Place." Police quickly identified the body as Sherry Lyall Hart, a local woman who had disappeared without a trace eleven months earlier. (read more)

http://projectparanormal.org/parapedia/richard-bare/
    Last edited by Foxfire; 06-05-2013 at 11:17 AM.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Foxfire For This Useful Post:

^Not the first time a body has been found at the Jumping Off Place, sadly. I also found this: http://www.therecordofwilkes.com/new...umber=415&pg=F

A female skeleton was found there in the mid-80s. Pretty creepy, knowing how close this is to where Holly went off the road.

Now that I think about it more, I'm kind of wondering if this article really does mean two bodies were found there, or does this article just not reference the fact that the body was that of Sherry Lyall Hart? I just confused myself. This article does say "skeleton" rather than "body," though. Hmm.

EDIT: It sounds like this article IS about finding Sherry's body; she just isn't named in the article.

My bad!
    Last edited by StarryNight; 06-05-2013 at 11:33 AM.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to StarryNight For This Useful Post:

'Too many red flags, imo'..
    BBM
    http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...#storylink=cpy

Holly Fischer told her parents, Ted and Leslie, that she was headed home to Charlotte.

She never made it, however, and authorities say they are focusing on Ashe and Wilkes counties, about 100 miles north of Charlotte, because her cell phone was used in that area as late as Thursday afternoon.

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Foxfire For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by StarryNight View Post
    ^Not the first time a body has been found at the Jumping Off Place, sadly. I also found this: http://www.therecordofwilkes.com/new...umber=415&pg=F

A female skeleton was found there in the mid-80s. Pretty creepy, knowing how close this is to where Holly went off the road.

Now that I think about it more, I'm kind of wondering if this article really does mean two bodies were found there, or does this article just not reference the fact that the body was that of Sherry Lyall Hart? I just confused myself. This article does say "skeleton" rather than "body," though. Hmm.

EDIT: It sounds like this article IS about finding Sherry's body; she just isn't named in the article.

My bad!

Read an article that said Sherry Lyall Hart's remains were accidentally located months later by LE while searching for a stolen safe reportedly pushed over the jumping off cliff.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Foxfire For This Useful Post:

Friends and family will gather to mourn and remember Holly Fischer on Saturday at 11 a.m. at St. Gabriel Catholic Church in Charlotte.
    http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/loca...fischer/nYCPM/

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to danzn16 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    'Too many red flags, imo'..
    BBM
    http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...#storylink=cpy

Holly Fischer told her parents, Ted and Leslie, that she was headed home to Charlotte.

She never made it, however, and authorities say they are focusing on Ashe and Wilkes counties, about 100 miles north of Charlotte, because her cell phone was used in that area as late as Thursday afternoon.
    Um wow. I hope that she did not suffer from Monday to Thursday or laster. :/ I don't know if anyone would be able to get down to where she was. The rescuers repelled down from a helicopter. So I am not sure anyone else used her phone. I wonder what short of usage this would refer to. Just a ping? Or an actual call or message? My old car and fiance's truck will allow you to charge your phone even without the engine on. But my new car does not. So I wonder if her type of Infiniti allows charging with the engine off? Does anyone know how long a car battery would last being drained of only a small phone charger?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danzn16 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by danzn16 View Post
    Um wow. I hope that she did not suffer from Monday to Thursday or laster. :/ I don't know if anyone would be able to get down to where she was. The rescuers repelled down from a helicopter. So I am not sure anyone else used her phone. I wonder what short of usage this would refer to. Just a ping? Or an actual call or message? My old car and fiance's truck will allow you to charge your phone even without the engine on. But my new car does not. So I wonder if her type of Infiniti allows charging with the engine off? Does anyone know how long a car battery would last being drained of only a small phone charger?

danzn16, imo, the car battery would not have survived the impact and if it did, the ignition & lights would have drained the car battery within hours.. Also I am surprised the vehicle didn't catch fire on impact..

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Foxfire For This Useful Post:

Seems, the location that Holly Fischer's vehicle left the road; The 'Jumping Off Place', has a dark history...

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/murders/ri...lynn-bare/view

FBI-Ten Most Wanted

Unlawful Flight to Avoid Prosecution - Murder
    RICHARD LYNN BARE DOB July 6, 1964 (Age 48)
    CAUTION
    Richard Lynn Bare has been wanted since 1985 when he escaped from the Wilkes County, North Carolina Jail where he was awaiting trial for murder. In 1984, the victim, a 24-year-old female friend, reportedly avoided sexual advances by Bare, and he allegedly threw her over a 1,200-foot cliff, an area known as the "Jumping Off Place", near the border of Wilkes County and Ashe County, in North Carolina.

In April of 1985, a Wilkes County, North Carolina Grand Jury indicted Bare for murder and he was subsequently arrested. Bare escaped and a state warrant was issued for his arrest in July of 1985. Additionally, Bare was charged with unlawful flight to avoid prosecution and a federal arrest warrant was issued in December of 1985, by the United States District Court, Western District of North Carolina.

SHOULD BE CONSIDERED ARMED AND DANGEROUS
    If you have any information concerning this person, please contact your local FBI office or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate.

Field Office: Charlotte

Richard Bare
    In Ashe County, North Carolina, a body was discovered at the bottom of a 1200-foot cliff that the locals call "The Jumping Off Place." Police quickly identified the body as Sherry Lyall Hart, a local woman who had disappeared without a trace eleven months earlier. (read more)

http://projectparanormal.org/parapedia/richard-bare/
    Just seems odd that Holly Fischer's remains were found near where Sherry Hart (and possibly Angie Hamby??) was killed. Thought this was interesting info about Richard Lynn Bare's family likely knowing his whereabouts:
    http://americasmostwanted.freeforums.net/thread/109

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PearlieGirl For This Useful Post:

danzn16, imo, the car battery would not have survived the impact and if it did, the ignition & lights would have drained the car battery within hours.. Also I am surprised the vehicle didn't catch fire on impact..
    Agree 100%.

Just noticed the Memorial Service will be held at St. Gabriel...I wonder if Holly was a practicing Catholic and whether she ever discussed her views on suicide (a mortal sin) with her family or any of her friends?? Maybe that's why some of her friends were so certain something must've happened to her??

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PearlieGirl For This Useful Post:

I feel very uncomfortable about the circumstances, I can not go to bed at night knowing for certain this was an accident... In fact, I feel the opposite. IMO

25. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to CuriousGrace For This Useful Post:

Read an article that said Sherry Lyall Hart's remains were accidentally located months later by LE while searching for a stolen safe reportedly pushed over the jumping off cliff.
    I see...I'm going to do some more reading on that now.

Quote Originally Posted by danzn16 View Post
    I hope she didn't suffer that long either; it's horrible to even think about what she would've gone through. I just wonder why there's no record of her using her bank card anywhere but the gas station in Newport? It seems like she would have had to stop somewhere else along the way for gas, especially if she did decide on a whim to head to the family's mountain home...you wouldn't want to be low on gas in an area where there isn't exactly a gas station at every corner.

I would hate to think someone did something to her, but there are quite a few things that just don't add up.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to StarryNight For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PearlieGirl View Post
    Just seems odd that Holly Fischer's remains were found near where Sherry Hart (and possibly Angie Hamby??) was killed. Thought this was interesting info about Richard Lynn Bare's family likely knowing his whereabouts:
    http://americasmostwanted.freeforums.net/thread/109

http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/Sherry_Hart

Lyall Hart
    Nicknames: No known nicknames
    Date: January 15, 1984
    CaseEdit
    Details: On the evening of January 15, 1984, Sherry, who had a six year old daughter named April, disappeared after she planned to meet a date at a Ashe County, North Carolina restaurant who never showed up. Authorities found no evidence of foul play in the case even though friends had seen her the night she vanished. Then, eleven months later, authorities were at the bottom of a 2000 foot cliff named the "jumping off place" when they discovered Sherry's body. Investigators re-opened the case and they found a witness who reported that Sherry was with two high school friends: Richard Bare and Jeffrey Burgess.
    (read more)
    Last edited by Foxfire; 06-05-2013 at 01:10 PM.

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Foxfire For This Useful Post:

Thanks Foxfire & PearlieGirl for the links and information on Bare. From reading I am assuming that both Bare and Burgess are suspected to be out and about somewhere? Correct me if I am wrong.
    In addition, I had read conflicting info on the date of the phone ping; saw Monday and then saw a report that said Thursday. That is a huge difference. Do we know which date is absolute fact for the ping in that area?
    I too have several questions; specific to details confirmation. I hope that LE will get to the bottom of the investigation and that findings will be make public.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JustyThoughts For This Useful Post:

http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/Sherry_Hart

Lyall Hart
    Nicknames: No known nicknames
    Date: January 15, 1984
    CaseEdit
    Details: On the evening of January 15, 1984, Sherry, who had a six year old daughter named April, disappeared after she planned to meet a date at a Ashe County, North Carolina restaurant who never showed up. Authorities found no evidence of foul play in the case even though friends had seen her the night she vanished. Then, eleven months later, authorities were at the bottom of a 2000 foot cliff named the "jumping off place" when they discovered Sherry's body. Investigators re-opened the case and they found a witness who reported that Sherry was with two high school friends: Richard Bare and Jeffrey Burgess.
    (read more)
    Wow...that link has some really interesting info!! It says that Burgess' trial won't begin until Bare is arrested...does that mean Burgess has been in prison or has he been free all these years??
    Here's more info about how Angie Hamby disappeared in Wilkesboro, including information about a man she was last seen talking to.
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hamby_angela.html

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PearlieGirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PearlieGirl View Post
    Wow...that link has some really interesting info!! It says that Burgess' trial won't begin until Bare is arrested...does that mean Burgess has been in prison or has he been free all these years??
    Here's more info about how Angie Hamby disappeared in Wilkesboro, including information about a man she was last seen talking to.
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hamby_angela.html

TY for sharing PearlieGirl..

There is an Investigative discovery show; "NC Wanted" Richard Bare Case (2007), but I can't locate it. Need some help finding it in archives, if anyone can locate it. Please post the link.. TIA

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foxfire For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by StarryNight View Post
    I see...I'm going to do some more reading on that now.

I hope she didn't suffer that long either; it's horrible to even think about what she would've gone through. I just wonder why there's no record of her using her bank card anywhere but the gas station in Newport? It seems like she would have had to stop somewhere else along the way for gas, especially if she did decide on a whim to head to the family's mountain home...you wouldn't want to be low on gas in an area where there isn't exactly a gas station at every corner.

I would hate to think someone did something to her, but there are quite a few things that just don't add up.
    In mountainous terrain a vehicle is on empty when 1/4 tank is showing on the gauge. Most locals would be aware of this, imo...

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foxfire For This Useful Post:

Wilkes Newspaper Article Posted: Tuesday, June 4, 2013 3:32 pm | Updated: 3:49 pm, Tue Jun 4, 2013.

http://www.journalpatriot.com/news/a...a4bcf6878.html

Some additional details on her suspected route, the pings (it does say Thursday), etc. including:
    "Searches by personnel from the Wilkes and Ashe sheriff’s departments, Ashe Rescue Squad and Wilbar and Glendale Springs fire departments and others Wednesday and Thursday failed to produce signs of Ms. Fischer.

They searched along the Blue Ridge Parkway near N.C. 16 and later in the Darnell Creek Road area off Sheets Gap Road in Wilbar due to signals detected there from Ms. Fischer’s cell phone. At least one law enforcement officer looked where it was later determined Ms. Fisher’s car went off N.C. 16.

A signal from her cell phone was detected in North Wilkesboro, apparently because she was there before going up the mountain on N.C. 16 North. Other signals from her cell phone indicated that she came from Tennessee on Interstate 40 and turned onto Interstate 77, U.S. 421 and N.C. 16.

The last time a signal from her cell phone was detected was about 4:15 p.m. Thursday. A cell phone needs to be turned on to emit the signal.

Ms. Fischer’s parents own a condominium at Mountain Aire Golf Course in West Jefferson, but authorities said there was no indication of her going there recently."

39. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JustyThoughts For This Useful Post:

In mountainous terrain a vehicle is on empty when 1/4 tank is showing on the gauge. Most locals would be aware of this, imo...
    I agree. I'm always mindful of how much gas I have if I know I'm heading into an area where gas stations are few and far between. I really wish LE would give more info. So many questions and so few answers right now; it's frustrating for us so I can only imagine how the family must be.

41. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to StarryNight For This Useful Post:

TY for sharing PearlieGirl..

There is an Investigative discovery show; "NC Wanted" Richard Bare Case (2007), but I can't locate it. Need some help finding it in archives, if anyone can locate it. Please post the link.. TIA
    I found this link but could not access it on my phone: http://www.tubeplus.me/info/1175676/...ard_Bare_Case/

43. The Following User Says Thank You to PearlieGirl For This Useful Post:

This answers my question about what happened to Jeffrey Burgess (one of Sherry Hart's alleged murderers): (http://www.unsolved.com/ajaxfiles/wan_richard_bare.htm). Seems he was released on bail pending the recapture of Richard Lynn Bare (which never happened). Another page alleges that Bare has been spotted in Ashe Co., NC (http://www.gowilkes.com/voice/view/?start=0&msg=42952&h=003557), but it appears those claims haven't been validated...

45. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PearlieGirl For This Useful Post:

I do not believe another person is involved in Holly's death. Bring upset is one of the causes why people have accidents, or become distracted. Or overtired. So probably a number of people who end up having fatal crashes have had something upsetting going on in their lives.
    Just my opinion, of course.

47. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

I just read this entire thread. I too am not convinced she went over the edge on her own. May she rest in peace and may her family have peace.
    "The cure for anything is salt water- sweat, tears, or the sea." -Isak Dinensen

49. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to zelmajane For This Useful Post:

Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast