Identified! NJ - Upper Freehold Twp, Child 479UFNJ, 5-9, Mar'05 - Jon-Niece Jones

How sad. Hopefully they can find out who this little person is catch the animal that did this...

This is New Jersey? I suppose there are many missing children cases, do any stand out from that area/that age?

Thanks Gmommy .Its sad enough he was murdered but to not be Id'd is terrible ,I wonder who he is .There musnt have be much left to Id if they cant be sure how old he was 5 to10 is a big difference in size.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/479ufnj.html

479UFNJ10.jpg

Unidentified Female

• The victim was discovered on March 18, 2005 in Upper Freehold Township, Monmouth County, New Jersey
  • Estimated Date of Death: January 1, 2004
  • Skeletal remains

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 5 - 9 years old
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 3'0"-3'6"; 25 - 75 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Unknown. Possibly Black
  • Clothing: Skeletal remains were found with an unidentified item (possibly clothing), seen in the photo. Also found at the site were portions of a child's Nike Air Force One sneaker (size 8 ½), seen in the photo.

Case History
The victim was located in a rural Upper Freehold woods. The child's skull and bones were found off Route 526 in Clayton Park.
There was no evidence of trauma on the skeletal remains.
A sneaker and teeth appear to have burns and may have been set afire to conceal evidence.

Authorities investigate bones found in woods
Officials await results of autopsy performed in Freehold on Monday
BY JENNIFER KOHLHEPP
Staff Writer

Authorities continue to investigate skeletal remains found in Upper Freehold last week.A deer hunter discovered a human skull and other skeletal remains in a wooded area near Route 526 in Clayton Park on Friday morning, according to the Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office.

“The Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office is working on this case along with the state police and the Department of Missing Persons,” Prosecutor John Kaye said. “We’re doing everything we can because when a child is missing, someone is looking for [him or her].”

The Monmouth County Medical Examiner’s Office in Freehold currently has the bones, according to Kaye.

More at link:
http://examiner.gmnews.com/news/2005/0323/Front_Page/001.html

Beyond Belief said:
Depends on if the shoe was "infant/toddler" size or childrens size - either way, I dont think it would fit a 5 year old. My kids are 7 and 8 years old and wear a childrens size 1, at age 5 they were wearing infant size 10-11. And most adult women wear adult sizes 6-9. Although it was a Nike basketball shoe so if it were an adult size 8, that would be in mens sizes. So I'd say either they were off on the age, or the shoe didnt fit. Or the kid was either really big or really small for her age.

Children's sizes end at 5 1/2 or 6 for girls, after that you're in the womens. Both of my girls were wearing childrens sizes by the time they started school. I would think and 8 1/2 would be for a toddler.

08/13/07) UPPER FREEHOLD TOWNSHIP - After more than two years, police are finally able to put a face to the skeletal remains of a child found in a Monmouth County park.

In March of 2005, a hunter found part of the skeleton of a female in Clayton Park. Authorities also found a Nike shoe and a piece of cartoon material. Investigators were able to determine the remains belonged to a black female between the ages of 5 and 9, however they didn’t know what she looked like.
A recent CAT scan on the skull helped the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children create a 3D image of what the girl may have looked like.

http://www.news12.com/NJ/topstories/article?id=198669

I couldn't find this posted here. Now she has a face. Sweet baby. :sick:

NCMUU10198c1.jpg

[SIZE=+1]UPPER FREEHOLD TOWNSHIP UNIDENTIFIED[/SIZE]Case Type: Unidentified DOB: Sex: FemaleMissing Date: Mar 18, 2005Race: BlackAge Now: 5-9 When discoveredHeight: 3'3" (99 cm)Missing City: UPPER FREEHOLD TOWNSHIPWeight: 50 lbs (23 kg)Missing State : NJHair Color: UnknownMissing Country: United StatesEye Color: UnknownCase Number: NCMUU10198Circumstances: On March 18, 2005, an unidentified deceased female child was located in Upper Freehold Township, Monmouth County, NJ. The child was estimated to be between 5 and 9 years of age when discovered and between 3'-00" and 3'-06" tall. She is estimated to have been deceased for over one year prior to discovery, possibly since January of 2004. A size 8-1/2 Nike Air Force child's sneaker was found near the decedent's remains. The image shown is a composite created by a forensic artist at the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children. Items such as hair style are the artist's estimations to complete the image and should not be used as significant markers for identification.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMU&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

That is absolutely amazing. I hope it helps match her up with someone missing....

I'm sure they've already looked into this, but this little girl has been missing quite a while, even though it was the mother that apparently took her:
[SIZE=+3]Family Abduction[/SIZE]IUMILA VASQUEZ
NCMC985697c1.jpg

DOB: Oct 23, 1998
Missing: Dec 19, 2003
Age Now: 8
Sex: Female
Race: Black
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Height: 4'0" (122 cm)
Weight: 45 lbs (20 kg)
Missing From:
NORTH PLAINFIELD
NJ
United States
Age Progressed
NCMC985697e1.jpg

(removed picture of mother)
Abductor
DOB: Jan 20, 1974
Sex: Female
Race: Biracial
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Height: 5'4" (163 cm)
Weight: 125 lbs (57 kg)

The child's photo is shown age-progressed to 6 years. She was abducted be her non-custodial mother, Kettly Myrtil. A felony warrant was issued for the abductor on April 8, 2004. They may have traveled to Georgia. Kettly is Biracial. She is Black and Hispanic. Kettly may use the alias last name Jackson.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back