976 users online (87 members and 889 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

GA - Misty Myrick, 38, murdered, Oconee County, 29 May 2013

Waffle House waitress was murdered say Oconee authorities
    Athens Banner-Herald
    by Wayne Ford
    updated Thursday, May 30, 2013 - 10:50pm

A 38-year-old waitress found dead Wednesday on the side of a road in Oconee County was murdered, authorities said.

However, the Oconee County Sheriff’s Office would not disclose on Thursday how Misty Michelle Myrick of Lexington was killed.

Myrick’s body was seen on the shoulder of Simonton Bridge Road by a passing motorist shortly before 2:30 p.m., according to the sheriff’s office.
    Chief Deputy Lee Weems said the cause of death is "crucial to the investigation", and would not release details. Although it's known that she has worked at different Waffle House restaurants, Weems would not comment on her occupation because it might "have a bearing on the case".
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

The map shows the approximate location on Simonton Bridge Rd between Norton and Broadlands where Myrick's body was found.

http://goo.gl/maps/EGH2i
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Police search for truck in connection with death of waitress

"Police search for truck in connection with death of waitress"

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story...ed-as-homicide

"OCONEE COUNTY, Ga. -
    Authorities are searching for a vehicle in connection with the death of a 38-year-old waitress whose body was found on the side of a road in Oconee County.

Police identified the woman as Misty Myrick, of Oglethorpe County. Authorities said that the woman left work at an Athens Waffle House around 1 p.m. on Wednesday. Her body was discovered around 2:30 p.m. on Simonton Bridge Road. She was still wearing her Waffle House uniform when she was found.

Investigators said that her death has been ruled a homicide.

FOX 5's Chris Shaw reports that investigators are looking for a 1999 to 2002 Chevy GMC pickup truck, champagne in color with a trailer. The truck looks similar to this one:"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My avatar is a sketch of a suspect in the murders of Abigail Williams/Liberty German if you have info call 844-459-5786 or email abbylibbytip@cacoshrf.com

Here is the local sherriff's Facebook page.
    https://www.facebook.com/oconeesheriff?ref=ts&fref=ts
    I am somewhat familiar with the road she was found on.. In my opinion, it is small but pretty busy with neighborhoods and houses all along. It is not very long, but a well known quick commute from Athens to neighboring Watkinsville. I couldn't see anyone having much time, ESPECIALLY at 2:30 PM to stop. I am going to have to take a look at some maps. From what I gather, she worked at the downtown athens Waffle House and commuted to her home in Lexington ( Oglethorpe co.).
    MOO.
    Last edited by MrsTigglesworth; 05-31-2013 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Adding that what I post is always just my opinion!

Simonton Bridge Road, where she was found, is pretty well-populated with traffic and neighborhoods. Whoever dumped her would not have had much time to linger, IMO, especially in the middle of the afternoon. It's pretty bold to stop right there and leave her, as there was a high chance the perp would have been spotted dumping the body. Were they in a panic? Or did they want her found right away?

ETA: snap, MrsTiggles! We were posting the same thoughts at the same time

https://twitter.com/ChrisShawFOX5
    Reporter for FOX5 @ChrisShawFOX5

"She left work at Athens #WaffleHouse 1p Wed. Her body was found 2:30p. No evidence of what happened between"

"Misty Myrick had worked at #WaffleHouse for about 20 yrs. She was found in uniform. Friend tells me she had just gotten off work"

"Police evidence markers and a small memorial where Misty Myrick's body was found on side of a road in Oconee"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Honey_West; 05-31-2013 at 05:52 PM. Reason: added more info
    My avatar is a sketch of a suspect in the murders of Abigail Williams/Liberty German if you have info call 844-459-5786 or email abbylibbytip@cacoshrf.com

OMG, left work at 1pm, found dead on the side of the road at 2:30pm? BROAD DAYLIGHT? JUST TRYING TO MAKE A LIVING? WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO?

RIP, Misty.

New information and video, shown on the evening local news.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/22...ed-as-homicide

"Authorities said they have determined the cause of Myrick's death, but they said they are holding off on releasing that information.

Anyone with information on the death is asked to call the Oconee County Sheriff's Office at (706) 769-5665."

There's also a picture of Misty at the above link.

Question A quick murder?

She left the Athens Waffle House location at 1 p.m.

The location is about 20-25 minutes away.

She was found about 2:30.

So, in an hour or so, she was murdered and dumped. There was blood on her mouth when she was found.

I had friends who live near there and drove by about 2-2:15 p.m. No body was there.

So, I'm thinking she was killed in a vehicle, then dumped there...I'm thinking it would have taken more than one person to put her out of the car.

Wondering if she had a cash deposit for the Waffle House to make and someone abducted her?

They have not said if she left the Waffle House in her vehicle or someone else's?

If she had been abducted at a bank, I think there would be footage.

Someone hiding in her car? No car at scene so? Someone abducted her in broad daylight?

Or did she go voluntarily?

Misty Michelle Myrick

Rest in Peace, Misty

MM 'RIP Misty Myrick' Group Page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/450678945013777/

forgive me if I am missing something really obvious here, but why can't this have been a hit and run? No less tragic, don't get me wrong...

great thoughts being expressed here already.

a deposit - hadn't thought of that...
    When you have more than you need, build a longer table not a higher fence --Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by AzPistonsGirl View Post
    forgive me if I am missing something really obvious here, but why can't this have been a hit and run? No less tragic, don't get me wrong...

great thoughts being expressed here already.

a deposit - hadn't thought of that...
    Hit and run was one of my first thoughts as well, but LE is calling it a homicide (would they still term it a homicide if it was a hit and run, or would they call it manslaughter or something else?). Also, Misty didn't live in the area where she was found, and most likely wouldn't have been out walking down that road.
    There are so many details that LE haven't released, such as COD (which they've already determined and just aren't releasing). Where is her vehicle (if she has one)?

http://www.accessnorthga.com/detail.php?n=262066

This is an odd statement:
    "Authorities told the newspaper Myrick's occupation could be important to the murder investigation."

She worked at Waffle House. Was she robbed? Were there some sketchy customers involved in some kind of illegal activity, and Misty innocently got caught in the middle?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast