1290 users online (223 members and 1067 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Houston Hotel Fire 5/31/13 - Firefighters Deceased

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...st-4566085.php

Four firefighters die in 5-alarm hotel fire in southwest Houston

Four firefighters died in a five-alarm blaze that broke out at a restaurant Friday afternoon along U.S. 59 in southwest Houston, according to the mayor's office.

"I can confirm four firefighters have passed away, and we cannot release their names at this juncture," said HFD Chief Terry Garrison, who was meeting with families of the fallen.

Five firefighters were also reported injured, two critically, while fighting the blaze

- - - - - -
    I'm a wife of a firefighter. There have been too many firefighter deaths and injuries this year.
    Love you, Littlest Little!

My condolences to the families of these brave souls.

IF my local news is correct, they said more firefighters are still "missing."

Ugh.

My only sibling is a FF and this hurts all FFs. So sorry for Houston's loss. Rest in Peace, Heroes. God bless their families and fellow FFs. Prayers for the FFs that are hospitalized for a speedy recovery. Please God, let there be no other victims.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Smoke...209685011.html

Just saw and update that the missing have now been found. Since that is all that it says, I'm assuming that is good news and they're okay.

Their bodies hv been found in the rubble. They are dead, not missing. Khou, five thrty pm.
    Dont Be A Sheep

Oh my goodness. This is terrible. My thoughts and prayers for their family and friends.

As the wife of a 20-year Captain (on duty as I type)...this story def caught my attention...moved me to post my sentiments of sorrow.

God bless these fallen firefighters...
    May their families find comfort in their heroic duties, served at the ultimate cost.
    Peace is flowing like a river,
    Flowing out through you and me,
    Spreading out into the desert,
    Setting all the captives free.

This hits close to home. 2 Houston firefighters live in our small town. One actually lives across the street from us. Praying for their safety and the families of the fallen.

So tragic! Prayers for the fallen heroes and their families. God Bless the dedicated firefighters.

Born and raised in Houston... May these families find peace... these men and women don't ever get the praise they are worthy of. Bless them all.

May the deceased RIP.....God please help their families. I pray for healing for the injured .

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaPoof View Post
    Born and raised in Houston... May these families find peace... these men and women don't ever get the praise they are worthy of. Bless them all.
    Same here born & raised Houston well actually Bellaire. I live like 3 miles from there & was able to see & smell the smoke.

I was in Starbucks in Bellaire & 2 HPD officers came in so I went & thanked them for what they do. There is a fire station about 1/4 mile on the street I live on. Thinking about going over there & taking something plus giving the pat on the back.

Anyone have suggestions on what I could take? TIA

Cakes are always good. Anything homemade. Cookies and brownies are easier to eat on the run.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson clover View Post
    As the wife of a 20-year Captain (on duty as I type)...this story def caught my attention...moved me to post my sentiments of sorrow.

God bless these fallen firefighters...
    May their families find comfort in their heroic duties, served at the ultimate cost.
    Yep, Mr DD was on duty yesterday, as well. Somber and sad day.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast