Houston Hotel Fire 5/31/13 - Firefighters Deceased

DEPUTYDAWG

Reaction score
http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...n-5-alarm-hotel-fire-in-southwest-4566085.php

Four firefighters die in 5-alarm hotel fire in southwest Houston

Four firefighters died in a five-alarm blaze that broke out at a restaurant Friday afternoon along U.S. 59 in southwest Houston, according to the mayor's office.

"I can confirm four firefighters have passed away, and we cannot release their names at this juncture," said HFD Chief Terry Garrison, who was meeting with families of the fallen.

Five firefighters were also reported injured, two critically, while fighting the blaze

- - - - - -
I'm a wife of a firefighter. There have been too many firefighter deaths and injuries this year. :(

IF my local news is correct, they said more firefighters are still "missing."

Ugh.

Just saw and update that the missing have now been found. Since that is all that it says, I'm assuming that is good news and they're okay.

Their bodies hv been found in the rubble. They are dead, not missing. Khou, five thrty pm.

Oh my goodness. This is terrible. My thoughts and prayers for their family and friends.

As the wife of a 20-year Captain (on duty as I type)...this story def caught my attention...moved me to post my sentiments of sorrow.

God bless these fallen firefighters...
May their families find comfort in their heroic duties, served at the ultimate cost.

This hits close to home. 2 Houston firefighters live in our small town. One actually lives across the street from us. Praying for their safety and the families of the fallen.

So tragic! Prayers for the fallen heroes and their families. God Bless the dedicated firefighters.

Born and raised in Houston... May these families find peace... these men and women don't ever get the praise they are worthy of. Bless them all. :(

May the deceased RIP.....God please help their families. I pray for healing for the injured .

Born and raised in Houston... May these families find peace... these men and women don't ever get the praise they are worthy of. Bless them all. :(

Same here born & raised Houston well actually Bellaire. I live like 3 miles from there & was able to see & smell the smoke.

I was in Starbucks in Bellaire & 2 HPD officers came in so I went & thanked them for what they do. There is a fire station about 1/4 mile on the street I live on. Thinking about going over there & taking something plus giving the pat on the back.

Anyone have suggestions on what I could take? TIA

Cakes are always good. Anything homemade. Cookies and brownies are easier to eat on the run.

As the wife of a 20-year Captain (on duty as I type)...this story def caught my attention...moved me to post my sentiments of sorrow.

God bless these fallen firefighters...
May their families find comfort in their heroic duties, served at the ultimate cost.

Yep, Mr DD was on duty yesterday, as well. Somber and sad day.

The four:

Captain EMT Matthew Renaud, 35, of Station 51

Firefighter EMT Robert Garner, 29, of Station 68

Firefighter Anne Sullivan, 24, of Station 68

Engineer Operator EMT Robert Bebee, 41, of Station 51

Four Houston firefighters killed in massive motel fire near Southwest Freeway

Four Houston firefighters died Friday while battling a 5-alarm blaze in a motel near the Southwest Freeway at Hillcroft. Three bodies were found in the rubble of the Southwest Inn motel.

A fourth firefighter died after being rushed to Southwest Memorial Hermann Hospital.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Smok...uthwest-Freeway-near-Hillcroft-209685011.html

Anne Sullivan, who has been training to be a firefighter for more than three years, was assigned to Fire Station 68 after she graduated in April from the Houston Fire Department’s Academy.

Station 68, located on Bissonnet and South Gessner, is one on the busiest in the city. There the 24-year-old rookie worked with fellow fighter Robert Garner, 29. Both Sullivan and Garner were among the four firefighters who were killed during Friday’s five-alarm fire at the Southwest Inn off the Southwest Freeway.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Frie...d-by-rookie-firefighters-death-209810661.html

Saw it on the news yesterday...one end fully engulfed with black smoke blowing over the freeway.

I'd heard the fire started in the bar area of the hotel?

Saw it on the news yesterday...one end fully engulfed with black smoke blowing over the freeway.

I'd heard the fire started in the bar area of the hotel?

Yeah, you could see an absolute mass of smoke right from 59 South- it was really devastating. I'm not sure where the fire started; locally, there's a lot of crass comments about where the hotel was located in Houston and how that may have contributed to the fire. Inappropriate rumors aside, a bar area fire could make sense. Maybe some kind of electrical wiring faulty fire??? :confused:

So heartbreaking to hear that the five FF died trying to save the lives of what they believed were trapped civilians. What wonderful, courageous men and women! May they rest in peace. My prayers go out to the families of all involved. Houston mourns for our lost heroes together.. I keep seeing banners, cards, and all kinds of support hung up at our local businesses for the HFD. It won't bring them back but it will keep their spirit alive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back