UK - Far-right extremists chased through London streets by women dressed as badgers

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Can't as yet vouch for the total veracity of this headline as the only media source thus far is the sometimes-dicey International Business Times - but I do know that badger-cull protests - led by Queen guitarist Brian May - did feature marchers in full badger-wear on the streets of London today, while meanwhile BNP/EDL rallies and anti-extremist counter-demonstrations also took place in the streets. Finally - couldn't resist this headline:

Far-Right Extremists Chased Through London by Women Dressed as Badgers (ibtimes.co.uk)
A rally by extremists from the British National Party and the English Defence League was dwarfed by opposition campaigners staging rival protests in London on Saturday 1 June.

Shortly after lunch, a die-hard core of around 50 BNP and EDL supporters was confronted outside parliament by hundreds of activists from anti-extremist groups including Unite Against Fascism and Hope Not Hate.

But in the event, both groups were upstaged by agitators of a different stripe. Decked out from head to toe in black and white, the group that won the day were campaigning for neither for race war nor ethnic equality, but an end to the government's cull on badgers.
---
Young women dressed in fake fur were seen chasing doughty nationalist supporters down London's Whitehall as a large number of security forces in iridescent jackets looked on from police lines.
---
the rest, with a picture, at the link

Also, Billy Bragg tweeted it and that's enough for me!
Billy Bragg ‏@billybragg 42m
This is England! 'Far Right Extremists Chased Through London By Women Dressed As Badgers'

Oh that's brilliant! I just hope someone You Tubes it.

I could almost see that last 'graf of the ibtimes piece quoted above as a J.M.W. Turner watercolor, images arising out of the tinted steam.

A thing of beauty is a joy forever.

P.S. it has just been suggested by one who knows that the OP headline tops even "Freddie Starr Ate My Hamster."

I don't get it....is Nick Griffin actually involved or endorsing the killing wildlife? Or is this some weird British symbolism that I am not aware of?

I thought Nick Griffin was concerned with preserving British culture and ethnicity. Why would the BNP take a stand on destroying native wildlife? Badgers are native to the UK aren't they? A protected species?

I was a little disappointed they weren't wearing full-on badger costumes like I'd pictured, but someone could make a killing where I live with those badger hats!

The issue about badgers has become a thing in the UK. I just read about one "terrorizing" a girl's school, hence this mocking website post:

http://tinyurl.com/mvwaooh

This is why the notion of badger-clad women chasing "doughty nationalist supporters" has its wondrous appeal.

From swill-pipe for Goebbels the BNP's Nick Griffin:
I am well aware that orthodox opinion is that six million Jews were gassed and cremated or turned into lampshades... I have reached the conclusion that the 'extermination' tale is a mixture of Allied wartime propaganda, extremely profitable lie and latter witch-hysteria.
http://dump.shaunhargreaves.com/bnp.html
All black people will be repatriated, even if they were born here.

I don't get it....is Nick Griffin actually involved or endorsing the killing wildlife? Or is this some weird British symbolism that I am not aware of?

I thought Nick Griffin was concerned with preserving British culture and ethnicity. Why would the BNP take a stand on destroying native wildlife? Badgers are native to the UK aren't they? A protected species?

If you read the article linked in the OP, all should become clear.

There were separate protests going on in the same area. These became entangled. The badger women were protesting at the proposed badger cull.

BBM. Nick Griffin wanting to preserve British Culture and Ethnicity? pah! Do some googling of BNP and EDL. They are far right organisations, well known for violence and are very unpopular in most parts of the UK, it is because of them and their ilk that England's national flag is seen as offensive and linked to violent racism.

If I was one of the badger women I might well have tried to chase the BNP from the area. Nick Griffin is a laughing stock throughout the land

In 2010 he was denied entrance to HMQ's garden party as he tried to use his invite for political ends

images

If you read the article linked in the OP, all should become clear.

There were separate protests going on in the same area. These became entangled. The badger women were protesting at the proposed badger cull.

Sorry I guess I missed that in the article. I have heard of Nick Griffin and the BNP so I started googling to see if they actually endorsed culling wildlife, it just didn't seem to fit with their priorities.

Guess they do not endorse it, I would be very disappointed in them if they did. Thanks for clearing that up.

And in the back of the crowd a lone voice could be heard, narrating: omg, look at 'em run in slow motion... look at 'em chase those people... Honey badger don't care... honey badger don't give a... ;)

Sorry... couldn't resist. :D

Have to come back and keep checking this as I start thinking I'm only remembering a classic Monty Python sketch.

Tart it up a bit, of course, and it would work on Benny Hill as well.

Nick Griffin wanting to preserve British Culture and Ethnicity? pah! Do some googling of BNP and EDL. They are far right organisations, well known for violence and are very unpopular in most parts of the UK, it is because of them and their ilk that England's national flag is seen as offensive and linked to violent racism.

If I was one of the badger women I might well have tried to chase the BNP from the area. Nick Griffin is a laughing stock throughout the land
A simple 'thanks' is not enough for this :heart:

Recently the Rt. Hon. Oliver Letwin MP (Con) was in a nearby town for reasons to do with the badger cull. A good friend of mine shouted "W*nker" at him and was heartily applauded

Sorry I guess I missed that in the article. I have heard of Nick Griffin and the BNP so I started googling to see if they actually endorsed culling wildlife, it just didn't seem to fit with their priorities.

they do not endorse it,I would be very disappointed in them if they did. Thanks for clearing that up.

BIB - but it is OK for Nick Griffin to say that the Holocaust was made up or to state that all non-white people will be thrown out of the UK even if they were born here? That isn't disappointing?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back