Sheryl McCollum/Kati Wick/Elaine Redwine 6/2/13

On this show SHERYL MCCOLLUM claimed that it's now been clearly established that the alleged "*advertiser censored**ing *oon" comment on the 911 tape is something that "somebody put that in there" - that somebody manipulated the tape. Has anybody heard or seen a credible report of this?

On this show SHERYL MCCOLLUM claimed that it's now been clearly established that the alleged "*advertiser censored**ing *oon" comment on the 911 tape is something that "somebody put that in there" - that somebody manipulated the tape. Has anybody heard or seen a credible report of this?

I am looking into what Sheryl said because I haven't heard this either. Hopefully we will have an update for you on the upcoming show this Sunday June 9

I couldn't find anything to confirm this using GOOGLE. I'd be very surprised if this turned out to be true. It's not the first time that Sheryl has made some very implausible claims on the show.

I couldn't find anything to confirm this using GOOGLE. I'd be very surprised if this turned out to be true. It's not the first time that Sheryl has made some very implausible claims on the show.

What is out there is the lawsuit filed by Zimmerman against NBC. In the lawsuit Zimmerman claims the ethnic slur was added. I don't have the link now but I will get it.

To me, an easy way to prove or disprove this claim is to listen to the 911 call on other media websites not associated with NBC.

This is very strange . I am working on it and hopefully we will get clairifacation on the Sunday June 9 edition of the show.

I found one example of NBC editing gone wrong .. perhaps they were instrumental in whipping up the racial frenzy .. this is not related to the 'racial slur' remark however, it's related to simple editing http://gawker.com/5898876/nbc-apologizes-for-editing-george-zimmermans-911-call-on-today-show.

Many, including Eric Wemple over at the Washington Post, noticed that on the actual 911 tape, the dispatcher had prompted Zimmerman to identify Martin's race:

Link to the 911 from the above section: http://gawker.com/5894178/shooter-o...-martin-this-guy-looks-like-hes-up-to-no-good

NBC Producer Fired For Editing George Zimmerman’s 911 Call

April 7, 2012

An anonymous producer for NBC News has been fired by the network for his role in the edited George Zimmerman 911 call from the night of Trayvon Martin’s death.

The 911 recording in question was aired March 27 on NBC’s Today show. The revised version failed to include the 911 dispatcher’s inquiry as to the race of the suspect. This lead listeners to believe that Zimmerman had volunteered the information regarding the suspect’s race when he stated:

“This guy looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black.”

Read more at http://www./217011/nbc-producer-fired-for-editing-george-zimmerman-911-call/#okuCiJsu1CWzVMv4.99

Then you have ABC news, who on Thursday 3/28/2012, played an exclusive video of Zimmerman arriving at the police station the night of the incident, with dam*ing headlines against Zimmerman. ABC waited until Monday, April 2, 2012 before playing an enhanced video showing there WERE injuries, but saved face for originally misreporting 'no injuries,' by saying they CAN'T see his nose is broken. :rolleyes: They needed to let enough time or days for people's tempers to flair even more than they already were.

I'm still looking for a few other items of misreporting that the MSM's committed during the height of the frenzy before Zimmerman was arrested and then released on bail. This case showed just how the MSM's control the conversation. It was downright scary the way people were so quick to jump on the bandwagon without knowing the facts. The beginning of this case was like watching a lynch mob looking for their prey. :eek:

I know CNN committed a few snafus or intentional inaccuracies along with ABC and NBC.

JMHO
fran

PS to be fare, the NBC incident, I believe, was from a 'local' affiliate and not corporate. fran

http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-ma...orge-zimmerman/story?id=16022897#.UbCxm_lJPMU

March 28, 2012

Trayvon Martin Video Shows No Blood or Bruises on George Zimmerman

http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-ma...rge-zimmermans/story?id=16055412#.UbCyRPlJPMU

April 2, 2012

George Zimmerman Video Shows Little Evidence of a Broken Nose, Doctor Claims

What is out there is the lawsuit filed by Zimmerman against NBC. In the lawsuit Zimmerman claims the ethnic slur was added. I don't have the link now but I will get it.

It is my understanding that NBC edited out portions of the 911 tape of Zimmerman's call. There have been no suggestions that I can find that they added something to the tape.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/vide...e-Zimmerman-911-call-reporting-Trayvon-Martin

There is a hearing going on right now (Friday afternoon) regarding whether or not it can be determined who was screaming on a 911 call made by a witness. On an earlier show Sheryl McCollum stated that she could tell from listening to that same tape that Trayvon Martin was shot at close range based on the sound of the gunshot that can be heard on the tape (at least that is what I remember her saying). Tricia, I wonder if you could ask Sheryl McCollum how she could tell that from the gunshot sound on the tape alone.

It is my understanding that NBC edited out portions of the 911 tape of Zimmerman's call. There have been no suggestions that I can find that they added something to the tape.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/vide...e-Zimmerman-911-call-reporting-Trayvon-Martin

There is a hearing going on right now (Friday afternoon) regarding whether or not it can be determined who was screaming on a 911 call made by a witness. On an earlier show Sheryl McCollum stated that she could tell from listening to that same tape that Trayvon Martin was shot at close range based on the sound of the gunshot that can be heard on the tape (at least that is what I remember her saying). Tricia, I wonder if you could ask Sheryl McCollum how she could tell that from the gunshot sound on the tape alone.

Exactly. That is what I was trying to tell Sheryl on the show Sunday. NBC edited OUT sections to make Zimmerman appear racist but there is nothing to suggest adding a racial slur.

This is an easy question to put to rest. Find a copy of the 911 tape that has not come in contact with anyone at NBC .

All of the 911 calls I have heard have the questionable comment from Zimmerman.

Sheryl is coming on the show Sunday so we will get it cleared up. I will ask her about the gunshot too.

Sheryl McCollum is a wonderful person who spends her life helping others. She is allowed a mistake or two every now and then :)

Is there going to be a trial (Zimmerman/Martin) thread/forum opened back up for the trial starting Monday? Back when the other discussion thread/forum was shut down, I remember something being stated about the possibility of one (maybe) being opened when the trial started.

I know it got ugly, but there really are people on WS that do not go that way.

Just asking the question because I have not seen where this question may asked and answered.

Is there going to be a trial (Zimmerman/Martin) thread/forum opened back up for the trial starting Monday? Back when the other discussion thread/forum was shut down, I remember something being stated about the possibility of one (maybe) being opened when the trial started.

I know it got ugly, but there really are people on WS that do not go that way.

Just asking the question because I have not seen where this question may asked and answered.

We are working on it and hopefully will have something for you very very soon.

Yes it did get ugly. More ugly than anything we have ever discussed on Websleuths.

It's was so bad that it harmed Webssleuths. We don't want all that negative hateful posting on Websleuths.

If people could just discuss it without accusing the other of being a racist or of lying, or whatever. Friendships were lost because we had a discussion about this case.

Hopefully I will have news soon.

Tricia

Thank you so much, Tricia!

:rockon:

**Yes, it got so ugly I just read and stopped posting. BUT, it doesn't have to be that way if posters would just behave! I don't care for the lying and rumors either, and I do not want to see people being so rude to each other!

I would like to follow the trial on WS, though!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back