Georgia's first forensic artist retires; daughter to fill role

Backwoods

Reaction score
Georgia's first forensic artist set to retire Friday

DEKALB COUNTY, GA (CBS ATLANTA) -
Give her some pencils and paper, and Marla Lawson will recreate the face of evil.

"This is my most famous sketch. Everybody has seen that sketch," said Lawson, a forensic artist with the Georgia Bureau of Investigations.

The sketch is of Eric Rudolph, the Centennial Olympic Park bomber ...

...Lawson started her career in 1975 working for the Atlanta Police Department. Back then there were no forensic artists.

She did a little bit of everything at the A.P.D. only producing sketches when she was asked. But during the Atlanta child murders investigation from 1979-81, that all changed.

"I did 75 composite drawings during that period of time," Lawson said.

And she said most of those were done after meeting with psychics. ...

...Lawson also reconstructs skulls and bones. She's reproduced faces that led to names and identities. ...

...Kelly Lawson, who is Marla Lawson's daughter, will be taking over for the legend. ...
read more at: http://www.mugshotin.com/article_read.php?idLink=753459

This lady has had an interesting and valuable career. Best wishes to her on her retirement, and to her daughter as she carries on!

GB she and her daughter for the vital service they perform. May she have a great retirement as her daughter carries on her work.

When I read this headline (but didn't click on it for a while) I thought of the Eric Rudolph sketch....that was truly very very well done.

Rudolph sympathizers even bought copies of that sketch. Well done indeed.

GB she and her daughter for the vital service they perform. May she have a great retirement as her daughter carries on her work.

couldn't add to that. Thanks.

Very well done. She captured the image of a real person. Were her other sketches this good? Honestly I have not seen any of her others that I can recall. Or was this one especially good for a reason?

30134_512.jpg

I take that back....i recall the Hemy Newman sketch....same great eyes....

slideshow_1002050537_dunwoody.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back