1126 users online (211 members and 915 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    The sleet was so loud early this morning that it woke hubby and I up, but when I finally crawled out of bed an hour ago, I found my car had ice, sleet and snow covering it. Mostly ice. Nothing on the ground except for wet leaves :P

It's going to stay cold here today, so I'm baking my pies and cornbread and staying in my jammies
    Life is an attitude... have a good one :Bananahi:

We got 4 inches of snow. It stuck to all of the trees. Pretty site!
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

Storms rip much of South and Northeast, killing 2

http://www.usatoday.com/story/weathe...-tenn/4161975/

High winds and heavy rains rocked a wide swath of the Southeast and roared north Sunday, ripping off roofs, tearing down power lines and leaving at least two people dead.

The northern version of the storm featured sleet and freezing rain, sparking travel advisories across much of New York and New England and knocking out power to about 100,000.

In Mississippi, one man died after his mobile home overturned in northern Mississippi and another man was killed when his car hit a tree that had fallen across a county road in southeastern Mississippi......more......

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

Feels kind of like tornado weather here in Middle Georgia. Very warm this morning, 70 degrees and a thunder storm may hit in a few hours (or it may miss us, not sure).

Heads up for the S/E and N/E for Dec 28-31

Weekend Coastal Storm to Bring Eastern Soaking and Possible Snow to Interior Northeast

An area of low pressure will develop in the Gulf of Mexico on Saturday and then track up the East Coast through Sunday.

http://www.wunderground.com/news/sou...-rain-20131226

8 degrees here this morning, and colder than a well-diggers bottom brrrrrrrrr.

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

Tomorrow night in Georgia it's supposed to be a low of 4. As a Georgian, I cannot parse a weather forecast like that. 4 what??? :P

Oh, and -5 to -25 with wind chill. In Georgia, this is the South, good grief!

here is a look at our ugly smack dab in da middle

***WINTER STORM WARNING*** through late Sunday night

SUNDAY: Snow with areas of drifting and blowing snow. Total snow accumulation between 7 and 10". Bitterly cold with temperatures falling into the single digits in the afternoon with wind chills of -5 to -15 below zero. High: 20. Winds: North 15-20 mph.

SUNDAY NIGHT: Bitterly cold with areas of blowing snow. Wind chill values between -25 and -40 below zero after Midnight. Low: -17. Winds: Northwest 20-25 mph, gusting to 40 mph.

MONDAY: Partly sunny and COLD. Wind chill values between -30 and -45. High: -9. Winds: West 15-20 mph, gusting up to 30 mph.

I am NOT leaving this house. Nope, not gonna do it.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

We're in Atlanta, and not looking forward to this at all! My teacher husband is supposed to return to school tomorrow, but I almost look for the district to close it up until Wednesday. Five degrees and having those kids wait for the bus would be just too brutal, plus the black ice. I just got back from Kroger, there was hardly any ground beef, but they had plenty of bread. I guess folks are making chili instead of french toast this time!

Stay safe, stay warm, everyone!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Leilei View Post
    We're in Atlanta, and not looking forward to this at all! My teacher husband is supposed to return to school tomorrow, but I almost look for the district to close it up until Wednesday. Five degrees and having those kids wait for the bus would be just too brutal, plus the black ice. I just got back from Kroger, there was hardly any ground beef, but they had plenty of bread. I guess folks are making chili instead of french toast this time!

Stay safe, stay warm, everyone!
    BBM: Or donairs
    Anything worth dewing, is worth dewing well!
    Proud parent of 3 rescued schnauzers

The mother of my little home care kiddo just called and told me not to come to work tonight as their subdivision is impassable and she is worried about me. I'll pick up another night this week instead. And bake them some of my famous yeast rolls that they like so well as a thanks.

I'm very fortunate to have this great family in my caseload. By the time I'm due at the hospital tomorrow for my other job, the snow should be cleared and it'll just be freeze-your-butt-off COLD. I can deal with that.
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill

Windchill -40 tonight

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

Flash Flooding Strikes Palm Beach County in Florida

http://www.wunderground.com/news/fla...y-fla-20140110

Portions of Palm Beach County in Florida were soaked by 12 to 23 inches of rain late Thursday into early Friday, resulting in significant flash flooding.

The National Weather Service in Miami says that many roads were closed and water entered homes and businesses. The flooding has forced the closure of Palm Beach County schools Friday......more......

Also a possible tornado and 30 homes damaged.

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

Live on the southeast coast of North Carolina and today was absolutely wonderful. Earlier in the week temps were in the single digits but today it reached 74 degrees with sun shining. Suppose to be warm again tomorrow but thunderstorms coming in tonight and will stay through Saturday.

Atlanta area folks, I just saw Fox5's forecast models for Wednesday, and we may be getting some actual snow! They posted four possible models on Facebook, and one of them shows 6+ inches south of Griffin. We'll see if it holds! After all of the bitter cold, it would be nice to have some actual winter precip to go with it

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast