1309 users online (190 members and 1119 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Well, here in my part of middle Georgia, we got off a whole lot lighter than I thought we might, thus far anyhow. We mostly got rain all day instead of the predicted ice pellets, etc. -- temps stayed just above freezing most of the day Wednesday. My daughter and fellow EVEN ventured off to Macon in the evening for her much-desired birthday sushi -- not because I was liking the idea, though, sure was glad when they got back safely. No power outage thus far for us (although there have been sporadic ones pretty close by) so I also got mocha birthday cupcakes baked and frosted for when they got back.

Apparently you didn't have to go many miles from where I am to encounter a wintry mess -- I think we just got lucky and were just outside the "dividing line".

Everything's icing up here pretty good now, and we did have a dimming of lights a few times an hour or so ago -- so, we shall see.

Sure sounds like a bunch of you are really catching it with this round. Prayers that you stay safe and warm.

Spring WILL come!

We now have a foot. The pines here look like they are weeping. I predict power outages before morning .
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

Woke up to a winter wonderland in Cobb county. At least four inches of snow for us, on top of the ice from yesterday. Trees, power lines are totally coated. It's beautiful, but I'm not looking forward to when those branches and trees start to snap. Power has stayed on through this whole thing (knock wood), internet was spotty last night.

Hope everyone is okay!
    Life is an attitude... have a good one :Bananahi:

Quote Originally Posted by Backwoods View Post
    Well, here in my part of middle Georgia, we got off a whole lot lighter than I thought we might, thus far anyhow. We mostly got rain all day instead of the predicted ice pellets, etc. -- temps stayed just above freezing most of the day Wednesday. My daughter and fellow EVEN ventured off to Macon in the evening for her much-desired birthday sushi -- not because I was liking the idea, though, sure was glad when they got back safely. No power outage thus far for us (although there have been sporadic ones pretty close by) so I also got mocha birthday cupcakes baked and frosted for when they got back.

Apparently you didn't have to go many miles from where I am to encounter a wintry mess -- I think we just got lucky and were just outside the "dividing line".

Everything's icing up here pretty good now, and we did have a dimming of lights a few times an hour or so ago -- so, we shall see.

Sure sounds like a bunch of you are really catching it with this round. Prayers that you stay safe and warm.

Spring WILL come!

backwoods, I think you are the closest to my son , who is in Warm Springs....I am very grateful for the 4 and a half hour drive between y'all and here. It is cold and rainy- but the temp stayed up... no ice

Central NC--got about 5 inches at my house overnight plus freezing rain after. Expecting 1-4 more this afternoon before the storm leaves the state.
    Last edited by Skittles; 02-13-2014 at 02:30 PM.

Gotta watch this video, we got 10 inches in Western NC

The Durham Academy Head of School and his assistant took their snow day back to the 80′s.

It’s not often that school is canceled for winter weather in North Carolina, so Michael Ulku-Steiner really wanted to jazz up the news. You know, by performing a parody of “Ice Ice Baby” to announce the news to his K-12 students.

Last edited by KateB; 06-07-2015 at 10:22 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

On top of everything else, we had an earthquake last night!

Was reading in bed and the bed started shaking. I thought I was going crazy lol.
    Life is an attitude... have a good one :Bananahi:

"Four Dead, Several Injured After Tornado Reported in Mississippi

http://www.weather.com/storms/severe...er-latest-news

More links:

http://www.wdam.com/story/27697479/d...d-many-injured

Prayers for all concerned.

http://www.wapt.com/weather/tornado-...nties/30369976

Sure hope everyone down south is safe after this latest round of storms and tornadoes.

Here in north GA it's hot and dry.

Gov. John Bel Edwards has declared a state of emergency for all of Louisiana as a result of the weather.

“We are in constant contact with local officials and first responders, and assistance is already on the move to affected parishes," Edwards said in an issued statement. "The most important thing to remember is to obey road signs and to constantly monitor the news for updates to ensure everyone’s safety. Every available resource will be used to assist citizens as this situation continues to unfold."

The state of emergency is effective until Saturday.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/n...c71ef78bf3b34f

Stay safe south Louisiana! We had 10 inches of rain so far this morning and 3 inches of rain yesterday and it's still pouring.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6