1229 users online (215 members and 1014 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 92
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    24,160
    Just saw the headline on Google News. So happy that there is some justice for Irene and her family! This pig thinks he got away with it. I saw this case on a crime show- think it was 48 Hours, and was so pissed that the D.A. Rene Guerra refused to prosecute. I think religion interefered when it shouldn't have!!!
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

    Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

    Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

    I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

    JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie


  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    213
    Finally, Justice for Irene.
    " Beauty provoketh a thief sooner than gold. "
    William Shakespeare

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    30,101

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,231
    Quote Originally Posted by LinasK View Post
    Just saw the headline on Google News. So happy that there is some justice for Irene and her family! This pig thinks he got away with it. I saw this case on a crime show- think it was 48 Hours, and was so pissed that the D.A. Rene Guerra refused to prosecute. I think religion interefered when it shouldn't have!!!

    Me, too Linas. When I saw the update today I wanted to cheer! I have followed this case since it was featured on 48 Hours (or Dateline, can't remember but it was a good episode) and always thought it was freakin repulsive that charges were not followed through on originally.

    If I am not mistaken I believe the new DA from Hidalgo County promised Irene's family that if he was elected to office he would personally make sure this case was re-investigated. I am so glad it happened......finally. I was raised a Catholic but left the church after the sex scandals hit the news. It's absolutely infuriating that this ex-priest was hidden and protected from justice for so long by the church. I hope he rots in hell along with all the other perverts they covered for. Just thinking about so many miscarriages of justice makes my blood pressure spike.

    I have had a google alert set for over two years or so just to keep an eye on Irene's case....so glad Justice is being sought on her behalf. I can't even imagine how awful her death was at the hands of this creep.....and at the hands of a PRIEST she went to for confession, for God's sake.

    Sorry to rant and ramble on but I have very strong feelings when it comes to these sicko priests. I attended Catholic school when I was young and we were taught to respect every priest. They were treated as God himself when they entered a classroom. If a priest would have told me to take off my clothes I surely would have. Poor Irene was so deceived by this perv who was dressed as God himself. It's just so wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulamith View Post
    Oh My! This is wonderful news! Thank you so much for posting the update. Ever since I read a Texas Monthy article about Ms. Garza I was, well, drawn in to her case. I was hoping that DA Ricardo Rodriquez would re-open her case, as he promised. It looks like he did!

    Yes....three cheers for Ricardo Rodriguez for following through. I so hoped he would. I haven't followed this thread for quite some time....need to read through the latest articles.

    This update really made my day!

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,627
    Thanks for the update, wfgodot !
    I think I'd watched the (48 hours?) episode about this...since she was sexually assaulted, wouldn't there be dna evidence ? Maybe that was too long ago-- but the fact she was going to confession and he was the last to see her !!!

    It's sad that Feit was able to live a full life... when his innocent victim was denied that.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    24,160

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by Blondie in Spokane View Post
    Me, too Linas. When I saw the update today I wanted to cheer! I have followed this case since it was featured on 48 Hours (or Dateline, can't remember but it was a good episode) and always thought it was freakin repulsive that charges were not followed through on originally.

    If I am not mistaken I believe the new DA from Hidalgo County promised Irene's family that if he was elected to office he would personally make sure this case was re-investigated. I am so glad it happened......finally. I was raised a Catholic but left the church after the sex scandals hit the news. It's absolutely infuriating that this ex-priest was hidden and protected from justice for so long by the church. I hope he rots in hell along with all the other perverts they covered for. Just thinking about so many miscarriages of justice makes my blood pressure spike.

    I have had a google alert set for over two years or so just to keep an eye on Irene's case....so glad Justice is being sought on her behalf. I can't even imagine how awful her death was at the hands of this creep.....and at the hands of a PRIEST she went to for confession, for God's sake.

    Sorry to rant and ramble on but I have very strong feelings when it comes to these sicko priests. I attended Catholic school when I was young and we were taught to respect every priest. They were treated as God himself when they entered a classroom. If a priest would have told me to take off my clothes I surely would have. Poor Irene was so deceived by this perv who was dressed as God himself. It's just so wrong. Wrong. Wrong.
    And although it's not stated, I think the real reason Guerra wouldn't prosecute is that he's Catholic. Kinda like Lou Smit praying with the Ramseys. So much for separation of church and state.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

    Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

    Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

    I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

    JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie


  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    24,160
    Quote Originally Posted by LietKynes View Post
    Thanks for the update, wfgodot !
    I think I'd watched the (48 hours?) episode about this...since she was sexually assaulted, wouldn't there be dna evidence ? Maybe that was too long ago-- but the fact she was going to confession and he was the last to see her !!!

    It's sad that Feit was able to live a full life... when his innocent victim was denied that.

    It was 1960 and by the time they discovered her in the canal, there was major decomposition, so I don't think any DNA was recovered or taken.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

    Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

    Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

    I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

    JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie


  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Wolfscratch Wilderness/North GA
    Posts
    8,820
    re: "Justice has been served.”

    'Has Justice really been served in this tragic fifty-five year old murder investigation'? Murder cases can take years to go to trial. At the age of 83, ex priest and sexual predator John Feit will likely never live long enough for a conviction. As we have seen in past cases, if a defendant dies before conviction, all charges are then dropped..

    Imo, it would be logical to conclude that John Feit, while hiding behind the cloak of the priesthood, beauty queen Irene Garza, was not his only unsuspecting innocent victim taken in over a half century.. Imo, Feits arrest is not justice, but only one answer to the many questions that linger..

    <snipped & BBM for focus>

    Ex-priest arrested in 1960 killing of Texas beauty queen

    John Feit, 83, was busted Tuesday night in Scottsdale, Arizona, on a murder rap out of Hildago County, Texas, where the then 27-year-old pastor heard confession by Irene Garza, a one-time Miss South Texas.

    Garza, 25 at the time, a second-grade teacher, was last seen April 16, 1960, at Sacred Heart Catholic Church in McAllen, Texas, according to the Texas Rangers law enforcement authorities. Her parents reported her missing when she didn’t return home.

    Her car was located near the church and her body was found five days later in the canal.

    Her family’s Facebook page dedicated to seeking justice for her death was updated with the message: “Today Irene Garza gets to finally R.I.P. Justice has been served.”

    Barbara Dorris, an official with Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests, told NBC News she was “deeply grateful” Feit was collared.
    Last edited by Foxfire; 02-11-2016 at 09:26 AM.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Wolfscratch Wilderness/North GA
    Posts
    8,820
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0c3c5504ff742

    Former Priest John Feit Charged In Decades-Old Beauty Queen Slaying
    "At first, it looked like a sack floating. Then I saw it was the body of a girl."
    02/11/2016 10:21 am ET
    David Lohr
    Senior Crime Reporter, The Huffington Post

    <Snipped & BBM for Focus>

    Questioned by police, John Feit, then a 27-year-old Roman Catholic priest, told authorities he had heard a confession by Garza the night she disappeared. While the revelation was not immediately suspect, eyebrows were raised when detectives later drained a section of the canal where Garza's body was discovered and found an Eastman Kodaslide viewer that belonged to Feit, Texas Monthly reported.

    Interest in Feit intensified when authorities were contacted by a 20-year-old college student who claimed Feit attacked her roughly three weeks before Garza was killed.

    The woman, according to a statement she gave to detectives, said she was attacked by Feit while she knelt to pray at Sacred Heart Church in Edinburg, which is about 10 miles from McAllen. She said that Feit, whom she described as wearing horn-rimmed glasses, accosted her from behind and placed a handkerchief or a towel over her mouth. The woman said she bit one of his fingers during the attack, which caused him to release his grip and flee the scene.

    When police questioned Feit about the incident, he reportedly denied any involvement. However, detectives did observe an injury to one of his fingers -– a wound he attributed to receiving while operating a mimeograph machine.


  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Wolfscratch Wilderness/North GA
    Posts
    8,820
    'The Eastman Kodaslide viewer that belonged to Feit, found in the canal where Garza's body was discovered is very concerning, imo'..

    Photos of Vintage Eastman Kodaslide viewers 1940s/50s

    https://www.google.com/search?q=phot...Hf4CApIQsAQIGw

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,231
    Linas....you are so right....this guy is an absolute pig - with a capital "P".

    I have no idea what a Kodaslide viewer was used for and how they identified it as Feit's. Could it possibly have been used to take photos?

    Can't believe he had a bite mark on his finger after the attack on the first woman and he walked away, free to murder Irene.

    ETA: just googled some more and see that it was just slide viewer, not a camera per se. Still wonder how they knew it was his, but thankfully they identified it as belonging to him.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,231
    Ex-Catholic priest, 83, appears frail and confused in first court appearance after being charged with killing beauty queen 56 years ago

    Irene Garza was last seen going to Sacred Heart Church in McAllen, Texas

    The former Miss South Texas was heading to see priest John Feit, then 27

    She vanished and five days later, search parties found her body nearby

    Feit was sent away after her death and was always considered a suspect

    He was arrested earlier this week after a grand jury chose to indict him

    Footage has emerged of his first court appearance in which he uses a walker and says he doesn't understand why he's been arrested

    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3zw8ncC3W

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    Posts
    4,517
    I suppose he's going for an "unfit to stand trial" which seems to work a lot more than I like.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.


    Stan Reid

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondie in Spokane View Post
    Linas....you are so right....this guy is an absolute pig - with a capital "P".

    I have no idea what a Kodaslide viewer was used for and how they identified it as Feit's. Could it possibly have been used to take photos?

    Can't believe he had a bite mark on his finger after the attack on the first woman and he walked away, free to murder Irene.

    ETA: just googled some more and see that it was just slide viewer, not a camera per se. Still wonder how they knew it was his, but thankfully they identified it as belonging to him.

    The priest came forward back in 1960 and identified it as his. It was thought that he had used it to weight her body down in the canal by wrapping the cord around her neck.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Mexico Mexico - Everaldo Salazar, 16, Reynosa/McAllen, 24 April 2015
    By los2188 in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-10-2016, 09:19 PM
  2. GUILTY TX - Kathleen Garza, 49, Coppell, 16 April 2009
    By vanillasky in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10-23-2009, 09:38 AM

Tags for this Thread