Identified! SC - Myrtle Beach, WhtFem at beach, dolphin tat, May'13 - Robin Kelly

Fin

Reaction score
UNIDENTIFIED WOMAN * FOUND MAY 25, 2013 * MYRTLE BEACH, SOUTH CAROLINA * CAUCASIAN * REDDISH BLOND HAIR * IN HER 40's OR 50's

Myrtle Beach police have released a facial composite and an enhanced photo of a tattoo that is on the left ankle of a woman whose body was pulled from the Atlantic Ocean near 24th Avenue South in Myrtle Beach on Saturday morning. The tattoo shows an ocean scene with a dolphin.

The Horry County Coroner's Office is still waiting on final autopsy results, but it appears the woman drowned.

Her body was pulled out by a lifeguard after a couple told him they saw a body floating in the water. The lifeguard performed CPR, but the woman was already dead.

According to Myrtle Beach police, there's nothing to indicate someone caused her death.

Police have already searched a national database of missing persons, but say they haven't found a connection.

The woman is described as being in her late 40s to late 50s, white, with reddish blonde hair, between 5' 3" and 5' 6", and weighing between 170 and 185 pounds.

If anyone knows who this person might be, you're asked to call Myrtle Beach Police at 843-918-1382."

SOURCE: http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=903254#.Uaegj5wjN0T
ALSO: http://www.wbtv.com/story/22425758/mbpd-seeks-help-identifying-deceased-woman"

I pasted this from the Facebook page "Missing Children Adults"

There is a composite image there too.

Here is the link to the composite picture

woman%20pulled%20from%20ocean%20picture.jpg

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/photos.aspx?id=903858#.UavXEWCNRMs

The actual police report has the woman listed as older (50s-60s) and heavier (180). The photos are good. I would think that she could be identified pretty easily. I wonder why she has not been, though?

Beaufort, NC is not that far. Lots of locals vacation along that stretch, even if you live in MB you might go on vacation to that part of NC (and have bought the tee shirt) and vice versa.

The actual police report has the woman listed as older (50s-60s) and heavier (180). The photos are good. I would think that she could be identified pretty easily. I wonder why she has not been, though?

Beaufort, NC is not that far. Lots of locals vacation along that stretch, even if you live in MB you might go on vacation to that part of NC (and have bought the tee shirt) and vice versa.
I just saw this on the news again... honestly I'm surprised this woman has been identified yet... these pictures are so clear and the TV stations have done a good job of advertising this situation... at this point I can't believe she was vacationing and fear she was brought to the area and dumped...I am praying for a resolution soon.

WagaraTapaTalk

http://www.wbtv.com/story/22425758/mbpd-seeks-help-identifying-deceased-woman

They say she could have drifted from another area but she couldn't have been in the water very long, given they did CPR on her and took her to the hospital. That tattoo looks like it would belong to someone who lives on or near the coast. LE needs to contact tattoo parlors to see if any recognize it.

She was spotted floating in the water Saturday between 8 a.m. and 9 a.m., when lifeguards got her to shore and performed CPR on her. She was transported to Grand Strand Regional Medical Center where she was pronounced dead.

I just saw this on the news again... honestly I'm surprised this woman has been identified yet... these pictures are so clear and the TV stations have done a good job of advertising this situation... at this point I can't believe she was vacationing and fear she was brought to the area and dumped...I am praying for a resolution soon.

WagaraTapaTalk

Am I missing something? If she was transported and dumped they would have seen a lividity pattern inconsistent with floating in the water for some hours after death. And I thought there was nothing to suggest other than a natural death.

A description of her clothing would help - maybe someone would remember seeing her. Also the clothing size & was she wearing shoes? Swimsuit or regular clothes? I saw this on the news when she was first found but thought she would be immediately id'ed. An autopsy could tell if she had some kind of terminal health condition that may have prompted suicide.

Am I missing something? If she was transported and dumped they would have seen a lividity pattern inconsistent with floating in the water for some hours after death. And I thought there was nothing to suggest other than a natural death.
I didn't necessarily mean brought already dead...I just don't think she's from the atea.

WagaraTapaTalk

A description of her clothing would help - maybe someone would remember seeing her. Also the clothing size & was she wearing shoes? Swimsuit or regular clothes? I saw this on the news when she was first found but thought she would be immediately id'ed. An autopsy could tell if she had some kind of terminal health condition that may have prompted suicide.

A very clear picture of her swimsuit, shoes, and shirt are in the identify us website.

A very clear picture of her swimsuit, shoes, and shirt are in the identify us website.

Thanks. Floral swimsuit, black t-shirt & tennis shoes. Shirt says "Live Slow" on one side & "Sail Fast" on the other. Sounds like a boater. Maybe sailing & just passing through and had some kind of boating accident during the night.

Lots of marinas in Beaufort and nearby Oriental, which is called the Capital of Sailing in North Carolina. There is a decent chance that someone at one of those marinas knows who she is.

I don't know much about tatoos but if the pic is accurate, would that be a more recent tatoo vs a decades old one? Do they fade with time?

Generally speaking, yes, tattoos do fade with time. I doubt that tattoo is more than 10 years old.

Generally speaking, yes, tattoos do fade with time. I doubt that tattoo is more than 10 years old.

I agree, but they can and often are "renewed", especially with color or more detail.

Yes, they can be touched up, but that doesn't really look like a quality tattoo to me, especially not one that had been touched up. Look at the bottom left corner, the bottom of the palm tree where the tree meets the sand... there is a spot missing color and it appears to be where a scab fell off before it was ready while it was healing- a touch up would have covered that. And look at the outline, it's very broken and dull. The blue at the top in between the dolphins also appears to be either very faded or a similar spot to the bottom of the palm trees where a scab may have fell off before it healed all the way. I'm not saying it isn't possible it was touched up, but given the quality of the work, I highly doubt it. Most touch ups improve the original work either by filling in dull spots, re-outlining to make it more bold, and often adding more depth. I see evidence of no such thing. It does look "good enough" to be done by a professional, however, it was likely someone very new or very unskilled in their craft. Look at the dolphins face, the lack of detail. There isn't an outline or detail in the leaves of the palm trees. Again, I guess anything is possible, but I highly doubt that has been retouched.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galluvstrucrime
Back