Found Deceased TX - Enrique Medina, 2 mos, Edinburg, 2 June 2013

The Cheese

Reaction score
Sheriff Lupe Treviño said there are still unanswered questions in connection to the wreck and would only confirm the infant is missing after the baby’s parents gave conflicting accounts of the circumstances.

The SUV that rolled over on Seminary Road sometime after midnight is believed to have had three adult passengers and the child, said Sgt. Johnny Hernandez, Texas Department of Public Safety spokesman.

The driver, whose age and gender were not released pending notification of next of kin, died Sunday afternoon, Hernandez said.

The other adult passengers were the parents of the child. Hernandez said the mother, who was transported to the hospital and is in stable condition, told authorities she gave the child to the father.

However, Hernandez said the infant’s father, who authorities believe left the wreck on foot, told them he didn’t know “anything about it.” The father did not sustain any injuries, Hernandez said.

http://www.brownsvilleherald.com/news/local/article_8dfdfb7e-cc5d-11e2-8e9b-001a4bcf6878.html

The family friend was driving on the southbound lane when they veered off the road causing an accident.

The driver was critically injured and taken to McAllen Medical Center, while the father allegedly walked home.

The woman stayed at the scene and told authorities that the two-month-old was with the father.

When authorities questioned the father, he said the two-month-old was with the mother.

snipped

DPS reports that the driver died at the hospital around 4:30 p.m.

http://www.valleycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=904910#.UazA-djheSo

It's sounding like the baby may have gone into the water and been swept away. However, I don't get the seemingly non-chalant attitudes.

Why was the father walking away from his injured wife, missing baby and dead relative, if he was uninjured himself? Was the baby in an infant carrier? Was there evidence that the baby was even in the car?

So many unanswered questions...

The family friend was driving on the southbound lane when they veered off the road causing an accident.

The driver was critically injured and taken to McAllen Medical Center, while the father allegedly walked home.

The woman stayed at the scene and told authorities that the two-month-old was with the father.

When authorities questioned the father, he said the two-month-old was with the mother.

snipped

DPS reports that the driver died at the hospital around 4:30 p.m.

http://www.valleycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=904910#.UazA-djheSo

From that article... They were driving north on Seminary Road in the southbound lane when they veered off the side of the road and crashed? Am I reading that correctly?

I... Huh?

I just hope that baby is okay.

Seminary Rd *and* 2812, which do intersect - http://goo.gl/maps/KTKPu
Very strange, yes. Street view for Seminary does show it as a narrow 2 lane highway so crossing the center line is easy but certainly does sound like they were driving in the wrong lane.

ok, call me confused! This doesn't make any sense either way you take it. The wreck was bad enough that the driver died, but the mother thought "take the baby home" to her husband while she stayed and reported the accident AND went and got herself checked out but not the child? Then we have the father, walking away from an accident that his wife/child are at so he can go home, leaving the driver who is seriously injured at this time as well? Is this the story they are going with? DO WE HAVE A CAR SEAT? DIAPER BAG? come on already IMO

Sounds like dad either has warrants or is not a legal immigrant. Either way, he didn't want to be there when the police showed up.

I am going to venture a guess, based on the Northbound in the Southbound lane comment and pictures of where they are searching, that this is where they crashed...

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msi...ll=26.381547,-98.163239&spn=0.002893,0.004823

Apparently for a short section, along Lake Edinburg, Seminary Road is divided into 2 road. The one closest to the lake is a dirt road and the canal with grassy vegetation runs along side. The main Seminary Road is paved with a yellow dividing line. I am thinking they crossed the road for some reason and lost control along the dirt section of road. As Seminary Road goes further north and past the lake, the vegetation along the canal gets more dense with small bushes and trees.

Great links above and thanks for them, while meanwhile I remain stuck on the "What the?" line.

I wonder if he was intoxicated, and was the driver. After working for an insurance company for years, I've seen several cases where an individual left the scene or dragged an injured person into the drivers seat to cover for being intoxicated. JMO

Sounds like dad either has warrants or is not a legal immigrant. Either way, he didn't want to be there when the police showed up.

Edinburg is pretty close to the Mexican border.

Why anyone would leave the scene of a critical crash is beyond me, unless they were going to implicate themselves?

A little 2 month old baby just doesn't go missing - they would be your first thought if a crash occurred. Has someone happened to the baby on the way home with the father when he took him home?

Perhaps Dad got a bump to the head during the wreck. Maybe he was confused and left the lil one somewhere along the way on his walk home ??

I wonder if he was intoxicated, and was the driver. After working for an insurance company for years, I've seen several cases where an individual left the scene or dragged an injured person into the drivers seat to cover for being intoxicated. JMO

Either way, they have both now brought WAY more attention to themselves with a missing two month old baby.

WHAT THE? I hope this little baby is safe :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back