711 users online (84 members and 627 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Heart of Europe
    Posts
    27,185

    European Weather

    They call the floods hochwasser here - high water. Now I know why. My car's as high as I can get it now but the water's still closing in.

    Somebody tell Germany to stop raining, please!

    http://www.handelsblatt.com/panorama...se&p=3&a=false
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance


    Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,903
    Oh my Goodness...what a mess. Praying that the skys part soon..leaving you with sunshine.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Mid-West
    Posts
    3,868
    Quote Originally Posted by zwiebel View Post
    They call the floods hochwasser here - high water. Now I know why. My car's as high as I can get it now but the water's still closing in.

    Somebody tell Germany to stop raining, please!

    http://www.handelsblatt.com/panorama...se&p=3&a=false
    Oh wow. Germany looks like Oklahoma!
    -
    My opinion and nothing but my opinion.

    Tor:Con Index link below. Will show you the probability of a tornado happening in your area.
    http://www.weather.com/news/tornado-torcon-index

    FEMA's link for Emergency Supplies list below or what you need to survive for three days in case help is not immediately available to you.
    http://www.ready.gov/document/family-supply-list

    You can also purchase a weather radio which will inform you of severe weather even if your electricity goes out. Runs on batteries of course.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    36,315
    Oh my goodness.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

    Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

    mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    On a star in the sky
    Posts
    7,278
    http://blogs.wsj.com/emergingeurope/...ver-the-worst/

    Germany, Hungary Brace for Floods, Czech Republic Over the Worst

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Mid-West
    Posts
    3,868
    Hoping Zweibel is doing allright.

    It's probably the middle of the night in Germany, but Zweibel check in when you can.
    -
    My opinion and nothing but my opinion.

    Tor:Con Index link below. Will show you the probability of a tornado happening in your area.
    http://www.weather.com/news/tornado-torcon-index

    FEMA's link for Emergency Supplies list below or what you need to survive for three days in case help is not immediately available to you.
    http://www.ready.gov/document/family-supply-list

    You can also purchase a weather radio which will inform you of severe weather even if your electricity goes out. Runs on batteries of course.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    751
    http://iceagenow.info/2013/06/alps-i...ing-postponed/

    In the Alps, the ISERAN pass opening has been postponed

    Seven meters (23 ft) of snow still remain to be cleared on the last 3 km (2.4 miles) of road on ISERAN side Maurienne.

    Amazing pic at link.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Heart of Europe
    Posts
    27,185
    I've been too busy clearing out to check in. My house escaped damage, my garden...well, those hochwassers sure do smell, and it's amazing what they bring with them. Not to mention Mr Z had just stacked 20 new bags of cement in the new wooden garden house, that exploded through the door once the waters hit.

    Lol, great timing. I have to give a shout out to all the fireworkers and other 'mithilfer' (volunteers) here. They worked SO hard, especially to protect the homes of the vulnerable. I fed them masses of chocolate to keep them going!

    Sun's out now, so thanks to anyone who responded to my plea and told the rain to go away.
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance


    Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Mid-West
    Posts
    3,868
    Quote Originally Posted by zwiebel View Post
    I've been too busy clearing out to check in. My house escaped damage, my garden...well, those hochwassers sure do smell, and it's amazing what they bring with them. Not to mention Mr Z had just stacked 20 new bags of cement in the new wooden garden house, that exploded through the door once the waters hit.

    Lol, great timing. I have to give a shout out to all the fireworkers and other 'mithilfer' (volunteers) here. They worked SO hard, especially to protect the homes of the vulnerable. I fed them masses of chocolate to keep them going!

    Sun's out now, so thanks to anyone who responded to my plea and told the rain to go away.
    Glad to see you are okay, was worried. Especially after Mr. Show Me found a pic on the internet that I thought was an aquarium. Turns out it was the window of a store with the flood water halfway up and fish swimming in it! Amazing the window didn't break.

    Chocolate always gets me going.

    What's a hochwassers.
    -
    My opinion and nothing but my opinion.

    Tor:Con Index link below. Will show you the probability of a tornado happening in your area.
    http://www.weather.com/news/tornado-torcon-index

    FEMA's link for Emergency Supplies list below or what you need to survive for three days in case help is not immediately available to you.
    http://www.ready.gov/document/family-supply-list

    You can also purchase a weather radio which will inform you of severe weather even if your electricity goes out. Runs on batteries of course.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Heart of Europe
    Posts
    27,185
    Hochwasser - highwater/flood.

    My neighbour was certain his goldfish would just take refuge at the bottom of their pond. He gave me a big lecture on how they didn't like moving water and would never leave their home.

    I saw them swimming up and down the street from my window, the moment the waters got high enough. They seemed to be jumping for joy at their new-found freedom! I tried to catch them with a net, to no avail. I hope they made it to safe waters somewhere else.
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance


    Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Mid-West
    Posts
    3,868
    Quote Originally Posted by zwiebel View Post
    Hochwasser - highwater/flood.

    My neighbour was certain his goldfish would just take refuge at the bottom of their pond. He gave me a big lecture on how they didn't like moving water and would never leave their home.

    I saw them swimming up and down the street from my window, the moment the waters got high enough. They seemed to be jumping for joy at their new-found freedom! I tried to catch them with a net, to no avail. I hope they made it to safe waters somewhere else.
    I hope his goldfish made it to safe waters also. It's like when we see a loose parakeet in Missouri. Someone's pet has escaped. Maybe the gold fish just went on a vacation and will return before the waters go down. lol

    Hoping your Hochwasser goes away soon my friend.
    -
    My opinion and nothing but my opinion.

    Tor:Con Index link below. Will show you the probability of a tornado happening in your area.
    http://www.weather.com/news/tornado-torcon-index

    FEMA's link for Emergency Supplies list below or what you need to survive for three days in case help is not immediately available to you.
    http://www.ready.gov/document/family-supply-list

    You can also purchase a weather radio which will inform you of severe weather even if your electricity goes out. Runs on batteries of course.



Similar Threads

  1. Prehistoric European Cave Artists Were Female
    By Chiquita71 in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-05-2010, 02:28 PM
  2. How bad a mother does it take? European or American ideas?
    By shrinkydink in forum Madeleine McCann
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: 09-19-2007, 03:41 PM