IA - Jetseta Gage, 10, abducted & murdered, Cedar Rapids, 24 March 2005

Yes...I will. At least they know who took her, hopefully he does not intend to hurt her...I don't even want to go there anymore :(

Yet another Sexual Offender. Are none of our children safe? :(

My prayers for the family.

Perry said:

Did the article say that? He's a sex offender? Oh good grief!!!!!

It said on FOX that he was a registered sex offender.

He was convicted in the neighboring county. People need to be aware of these criminals. The registery is great,but if people don't search it regularly it does no good.

Better yet, they need to be locked up after their first offense. I pray for that girls safe return.

Perry said:

No our children aren't safe,that's why these scums need to be locked up and the key thrown away.Also this family isn't to smart being friends with this guy,especially if they new he is a sex offender.

lady-eowyn said:
He was convicted in the neighboring county. People need to be aware of these criminals. The registery is great,but if people don't search it regularly it does no good.

Better yet, they need to be locked up after their first offense. I pray for that girls safe return.

I agree. I search my whole surrounding area. We have alot of different zips in my area. I search the zip where my daughter's soccer field is, the zip where the church is where she has girl scout meetings and they are outside sometimes, I search the zip where my grocery store is. You name it, I've checked it. And I am familiarizing myself with all these guys faces. My sister thinks I am paranoid. But I'd rather be safe than sorry.......

Girl Still Missing, Suspect in Custody
(Cedar Rapids – KCRG) -- Police now have the man suspected in the abduction of a Cedar Rapids girl in custody. Police located 37-year-old Roger Paul Bentley in Johnson County this morning. The missing girl, 10-year-old Jetseta Gage, has not been located.

I can't get a link to work properly but it's on the page for KCRG TV9 (ABC) on the link I'll post here...It's the first station Cedar Rapids

http://www.shgresources.com/ia/tv/

With this newest Amber Alert, I just read the entire sex offender registry for my state of Minnesota. It is about time I did it. I didn't want to wait for one of my kids to fall prey before I located any predators near me. Fortunately there are none within 50 miles, but I know that doesn't mean they don't travel, and new ones can crawl out of the gutter at any moment. What surprised me was several of the addresses were listed as *unknown*. If they have to report how could the address not be known, or is the web site not updated? Homeless is listed as homeless. I am fed up with scum preying on our kids.

Oh God...that doesn't look good. I hope they find her safe somewhere

lady-eowyn said:
consider yourself lucky...there are over 1200 in my county:confused:
OMG that is terrible I would move I don't think I could feel safe knowing that many were so close. My thougths are with you!

This reminds me of Dru ~ they had the guy and he wouldn't talk - I hope this guy tells them where she is. :(

he had to be an idiot to kill her, if he has. It was obvious that he was the one that took her and he wouldn't have been able to cover that up. Why on earth would he not just let her go?

If the laws were ZERO TOLERANCE he would have been locked up after the 1st time he was convicted of a sexual crime against a child....but no HE get rights and HE deserves to be set free and become a Registered Sex Offender who WILL re-offend AGAIN AND AGAIN until they are caught....he just did. This poor child and her family...this was a senseless crime that could have been PREVENTED had he not been allowed back on the streets again. This makes me sick that these low life pieces os sh$t are allowed to harm our children again. Are system is JOKE.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back