1022 users online (236 members and 786 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

New England, ME, VT, NH, MA, RI, CT - Weather Discussion

New England Weather Discusion

Where are all the NEnglanders, lol? It is looking like TS Andrea will be coming our way. The weatherman did say that it won't be a TS when it gets here, but we will be getting A LOT of rain - starting tonight through Sat. morning...
    Proud WS N-LIB

Ok, tangentially related to weather lol - Anyone else in NE TIRED of the insane allergy season we seem to be having? Not even the rain has gotten rid of all the pollen here, and there is some nasty white stuff blowing all over making it look like its snowing (and making me sick as a dog!).

And the temps have taken a nose dive... Just got a pool, and now despite having full sun on it, the water turned too cold to go in...
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenlady View Post
    Ok, tangentially related to weather lol - Anyone else in NE TIRED of the insane allergy season we seem to be having? Not even the rain has gotten rid of all the pollen here, and there is some nasty white stuff blowing all over making it look like its snowing (and making me sick as a dog!).

And the temps have taken a nose dive... Just got a pool, and now despite having full sun on it, the water turned too cold to go in...
    Cottonwood seed is blowing here too.I had to come in from cutting the grass.It sticks to everything.I hate it with a flaming passion.YUCK!

Thank you! I never knew what it was, just little white puffballs... Now I have a name for what I'm complaining about lol!
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticFringe View Post
    Cottonwood seed is blowing here too.I had to come in from cutting the grass.It sticks to everything.I hate it with a flaming passion.YUCK!
    At this time the cottonwood seeds are so bad its almost as thick as snow!
    -
    My opinion and nothing but my opinion.

Tor:Con Index link below. Will show you the probability of a tornado happening in your area.
    http://www.weather.com/news/tornado-torcon-index

FEMA's link for Emergency Supplies list below or what you need to survive for three days in case help is not immediately available to you.
    http://www.ready.gov/document/family-supply-list

You can also purchase a weather radio which will inform you of severe weather even if your electricity goes out. Runs on batteries of course.

I can't be the only one here to complain about the heat, can I?

Anyone else dyin? Can't do anything, too damn hot!

No your not GL - SWELTERING here in CT...In a house with no AC, no window units, nothin' but a fan...

I am from CA (Bakersfield) and am used to 100+ heat, but with no humidity. It's been downright MISERABLE! It looks like some relief is coming by Sunday...
    Proud WS N-LIB

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenlady View Post
    I can't be the only one here to complain about the heat, can I?

Anyone else dyin? Can't do anything, too damn hot!
    It's low 90's here and believe you me it's cool compared to last year's triple digit heat wave for weeks. That being said it looks like we may start hitting some freakin' hot weather soon....boy oh boy will I be complaining then! It will be my whine time.
    -
    My opinion and nothing but my opinion.

Tor:Con Index link below. Will show you the probability of a tornado happening in your area.
    http://www.weather.com/news/tornado-torcon-index

FEMA's link for Emergency Supplies list below or what you need to survive for three days in case help is not immediately available to you.
    http://www.ready.gov/document/family-supply-list

You can also purchase a weather radio which will inform you of severe weather even if your electricity goes out. Runs on batteries of course.

Apparently the Great Lakes folks and us here in New England are expected to get some nasty weather later in the week? A derecho? Never heard of that one yet, will have to look up more about it. Just glancing at the weekend forecast though they're saying our areas could get sideways rain, hail, bad lightning, etc.

I don't care though, if it cools it off, LET IT COME. Like you said, PML, it's the humidity. If it didn't feel like I was walking through water outside, it wouldn't be half so bad. Ugh!

And boy, the weather is giving everyone road rage... Even worse than usual for us "Ma$$hole" drivers!

LOL - that's what my DH calls them Not so much the driving, just seeing the plates lol...

A derecho: Derecho - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We had one back around 06/12/13...

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...d-derecho?lite
    Last edited by KateB; 06-18-2015 at 05:06 PM. Reason: repair url tag.
    Proud WS N-LIB

Oh that sounds fun, and its supposed to happen right when I'll be making a three hour drive north to get my daughter from camp.

Just be careful Sat.-Sun. morning....
    Proud WS N-LIB

Angry

It's 91 inside right now.

Quote Originally Posted by PMLsmom View Post
    Just be careful Sat.-Sun. morning....
    Sat is when I'm driving. Wonderful.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast