710 users online (87 members and 623 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Would you pay for a naked picture of Bea Arthur?

Warning: Nudity shown at link!

http://gawker.com/would-you-pay-2-mi...-bea-506571160

Would You Pay $2 Million for This Painting of Naked Bea Arthur? [NSFW]

Artist John Currin painted this portrait (which Bea didn't model for) of the late, great Golden Girl in 1991. The New Yorker referred to it as part of a series by Currin that featured "acrid fantasy portraits of menopausal women." I think it's quite beautiful.

The painting is up for auction today and is expected to go for between $1.8-2.5 million..

I looked at it and... ... they'd have to pay me $2 million to take it.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,2200055.story

Jimmy Kimmel denies he bought Bea Arthur painting [Updated]

By David Ng
    May 24, 2013, 4:59 p.m.

[Updated] Jimmy Kimmel took to Twitter late Friday to deny that he was the buyer of John Currin's nude Bea Arthur painting, contradicting an earlier tweet confirming that he was. He also denied that he had given the painting to fellow comedian Jeffrey Ross.

Kimmel wrote on his official Twitter account: "Contrary to 'news' reports, I didn't buy the Bea Arthur painting - not even for @realjeffreyross - but I did buy the Mona Lisa Lampanelli."

Earlier on Friday, the comedian confirmed on Twitter that he was the person who spent $1.9 million on a 1991 nude portrait of Arthur by artist John Currin, and that he has given the painting to fellow comedian Jeff Ross...

Considering the way she dressed on tv, I can only assume she would look better nekkid, but I'll leave that test to those with the mega bucks.
    Anything worth dewing, is worth dewing well!
    Proud parent of 3 rescued schnauzers

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey2Me1MoThyme View Post
    Considering the way she dressed on tv, I can only assume she would look better nekkid, but I'll leave that test to those with the mega bucks.
    BBM

Because I care Dewey, just because I care; http://www.projectknow.com/research/crack-cocaine/

Right on, Bea, your still making tongues wag!

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    BBM

Because I care Dewey, just because I care; http://www.projectknow.com/research/crack-cocaine/
    Anything worth dewing, is worth dewing well!
    Proud parent of 3 rescued schnauzers

I never liked her. That aside, the painting looks like it was done by an amateur. She didn't sit for it. I think the frame would be worth more.

NO NO NO! it would be like seeing your nan naked, you just don't need to see that
    Good for her if she's got the guts to pose nude but I don't want to see that.
    Staffies They're Softer Than You Think

"From where you're kneeling, it must seem like an 18-carat string of bad luck. But the truth is... the game was rigged from the start." – Benny Fallout: New Vegas

"What is the most admirable creature on God's green Earth? Why, it's the bee! Have you ever seen a bee on vacation? Have you ever seen a bee take a sick day? Well, my friends, the answer is no! So I say, be... the bee! Be the bee!" - Jeremiah Fink Bioshock Infinite

Quote Originally Posted by Lilachaze View Post
    NO NO NO! it would be like seeing your nan naked, you just don't need to see that
    Good for her if she's got the guts to pose nude but I don't want to see that.
    She never posed for it.

Wouldn't have known it was Bea Arthur.

It may take a few seconds to load. If it doesn't automatically start then click the image on the top left.

http://uverseonline.att.net/tv/show/...__j1wo8OqVlP4p

When I watched Maude many moons ago it was , Adrienne Barbeau that played her daughter that turned heads.
    It's my opinion if no link provided.

Misspellings due to fat fingers

Words matter.

You don't know what you don't know.

If it was done in '91 then Bea must have known about it. I wonder what she thought? I like/ liked her. A very classy elegant actress. The painting looks as good as some of the younger half dressed fake boob and lips pretending to be television nowadays.

Is this a trick question? Hell to the yes I would.

What else am I going to hang next to my Rue McClanahan nude?
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion but not to his own facts. --Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Not in a MILLION years.I've always found her to be extremely manly.

"Manly"? Look out, gender police are all up in this thread!
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast